• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mass Effect Andromeda

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Any thoughts about the little bit of info that's been released?

Or the movie?

The WWI vs WWII analogy has gotten me excited. If Bioware is their usual badass selves with characters and storylines, I think it can be great. And I'll be happy just with a few references back to the first game.

I dunno how some of the major decisions would work if they make it a sequel, though. The changes ME3 wrought, stupid or not, would make a sequelverse a very weird-- and choice-dependent-- place.

Reaction score
The main thing that surprised me more than anything was the report I read that says Mass Effect 4 will be using the frostbite 3 engine, makes me wonder how much this sequel is going to vary from it's predecessors from a technical perspective.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The main thing that surprised me more than anything was the report I read that says Mass Effect 4 will be using the frostbite 3 engine, makes me wonder how much this sequel is going to vary from it's predecessors from a technical perspective.

Hopefully it means much larger scale & the lighting should be stunning to boot. Mass Effect always had nice views but artificial pre-rendered ones most of the time, maybe the engine will help rectify that. Also easy adjustments or any additions to playable code can be made to console and PC versions of a game simultaneously. That way, a level of consistency can be maintained between platforms. Plus the visual improvements as texture detail is dramatically increased, with more complicated lighting and shadowing, as well as more environmental deformation.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
It will be a completely different game set in the same universe. I love references, but when they actually continue with the same storyline. Man, I'll be ****ed.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I just wanna see Tali's face. Or that of any Quarian. And no, that photoshopped stock photo doesn't count.

Taliface.png

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
If they do make the game come AFTER the original trilogy, how do you think they'll do it? Pick one ending as the canon one and roll with it? Or just do their best to ignore the endings?

Because, for instance, I could see them just ignoring it. "Oh, you picked destroy? Yup, that's totally what happened. You picked control? Yup, we controlled those bitches, but then they all broke down. Synthesis? Yeah, I'm part-robot. Refusal? Yeah, everyone died, but look! We've got some suspiciously similar descendants who've spent a couple millenia hiding on moons!"

I dunno, I have a feeling that's what they'd try.

I admit, I didn't actually know what that implied when I read it.

Hopefully it means much larger scale & the lighting should be stunning to boot. Mass Effect always had nice views but artificial pre-rendered ones most of the time, maybe the engine will help rectify that. Also easy adjustments or any additions to playable code can be made to console and PC versions of a game simultaneously. That way, a level of consistency can be maintained between platforms. Plus the visual improvements as texture detail is dramatically increased, with more complicated lighting and shadowing, as well as more environmental deformation.

By that you mean "we can break ****," right? I like breaking ****.

It will be a completely different game set in the same universe. I love references, but when they actually continue with the same storyline. Man, I'll be ****ed.

Indeed. But I'm not sure what they could do that WOULD be completely different. And I'm afraid they'll try to stay too close to the original and end up screwing it up. Or go too far away and I'll lose interest. But getting a happy medium would be damned difficult.

I just wanna see Tali's face. Or that of any Quarian. And no, that photoshopped stock photo doesn't count.

Did you finish the game after they did the... extended cut ending? At least mine, where I preserved the Quarians and the geth and then went with "synthesis," they showed other Quarians who, yeah, looked like humans with a terrible purple photoshop-derived skin condition.

Which is sad.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Well they don't have Christina Norman anymore so I'm sure it'll turn out fine.

The League of Legends forums are raging at the moment and hopefully her incompetence will be understood soon.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
By that you mean "we can break s***," right? I like breaking s***.

Yeah with Battlefield for example a lot of the mechanics of the game are centred around that, how much they could use in ME4 is not certain but could have many possibilities.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Did you finish the game after they did the... extended cut ending? At least mine, where I preserved the Quarians and the geth and then went with "synthesis," they showed other Quarians who, yeah, looked like humans with a terrible purple photoshop-derived skin condition.

Which is sad.

Nope. Looked it up on youtube though, and from what I could tell all you see is a side-view, half covered Quarian, which like the photoshopped picture, doesn't quite count for me. Moar Quarian faces pls.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Nope. Looked it up on youtube though, and from what I could tell all you see is a side-view, half covered Quarian, which like the photoshopped picture, doesn't quite count for me. Moar Quarian faces pls.

It's canon, you have to accept it.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Vhat is this?! I do hope its a direct sequel and that shepard was just being indoctrinated. But damn I wasn't ever expecting to see the light of day of shepard again.

Or was the news posted on april 1st, like Warwick Davis replacing Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister in G.O.Ts

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I'm sorry to be that guy, but:

IT'S NOT CALLED MASS EFFECT 4

You may now go about your day.

Reaction score

Fair enough, as long as Bioware doesn't have us running around with m230's blowing up chunks of the citadel wall by wall like it's battlefield. The light is pretty good on the frostbite engine admittedly.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
It's canon, you have to accept it.

**** that. Also, Bioware already bowed to fan pressure once to change things. They might again!

Vhat is this?! I do hope its a direct sequel and that shepard was just being indoctrinated. But damn I wasn't ever expecting to see the light of day of shepard again.

I hope not. They've said it isn't, and if they change their minds I'll be ****ed. We got one excellent (if somewhat arguably-ended) trilogy out of Shepard. Let him rest. They resurrect him and I can only foresee disaster.

Or was the news posted on april 1st, like Warwick Davis replacing Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister in G.O.Ts

Nope. Posted long before.

I'm sorry to be that guy, but:

IT'S NOT CALLED MASS EFFECT 4

You may now go about your day.

Tyloric, you're ALWAYS that guy. They haven't announced what it's called aside from a bitchy, pretentious, "it's an injustice to refer to it as Mass Effect 4." None of us are big enough twats to refer to it as "Unnamed Mass Effect Sequel, Prequel, and/or Side-quel." Mass Effect 4 is a useful shorthand, working title for us fans to use.