• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mass Effect

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
I attempted to play the game once. Mass Effect 1? 2?

I saw the case... I was like "Not another space-game". But I decided to try it out anyway.

It began pretty interesting. I was customizing a character, and choosing a background for him - which I found interesting.

Then I came across some dialogue. What was that? I got to choose among what I would say to the characters? Was pretty neat and interesting to me at least. I told that asses to stop ****ing off and o what the hell they were suppose to do - in a Mass Effect character's sort of way.

However I soon was dropped down on an 'alien planet' or something. What!? Am I playing StarWars!? I proceeded to keep playing.

Something attacked! I was a bit angry that our chick died and the guy did not, I figured I could have some secretive dialogue with her later. However little flying balls shooting lasers at us had different plans. I proceeded to blast them to pieces with what appeared to be a 'pew-pew' pistol... or rifle or something.

From here, I decided I shouldn't play this game - ever again. I was tempted to crush it under the weight of a basketball goal, and beat it mercilessly with a baseball bat (don't test me, Morrowind experienced this beating and was then thrown into the woods next to my house). I decided to let my dad sell it for ten bucks at the Jockey Lot.

---

Lasting impression?

Well, the features were interesting. Unique dialogue scenes and character-building. However I cannot stand the fact 'aliens' exist in a video game, or spaceships, or even laser-weapons in that matter. I am not a sci-fi guy. Is it a good game? Probably, just not for me... at all. I was deeply bummed out by it.

I shivered as I remember my first few minutes playing Halo 3.

---

Needless to say, I began playing CoD 4, Modern Warfare which took me by surprise considering I hate FPS's.

SweetWater

Reaction score

I saw the case... I was like "Not another space-game". But I decided to try it out anyway.

It began pretty interesting. I was customizing a character, and choosing a background for him - which I found interesting.

Then I came across some dialogue. What was that? I got to choose among what I would say to the characters? Was pretty neat and interesting to me at least. I told that asses to stop f****** off and o what the hell they were suppose to do - in a Mass Effect character's sort of way.

However I soon was dropped down on an 'alien planet' or something. What!? Am I playing StarWars!? I proceeded to keep playing.

Something attacked! I was a bit angry that our chick died and the guy did not, I figured I could have some secretive dialogue with her later. However little flying balls shooting lasers at us had different plans. I proceeded to blast them to pieces with what appeared to be a 'pew-pew' pistol... or rifle or something.

From here, I decided I shouldn't play this game - ever again. I was tempted to crush it under the weight of a basketball goal, and beat it mercilessly with a baseball bat (don't test me, Morrowind experienced this beating and was then thrown into the woods next to my house). I decided to let my dad sell it for ten bucks at the Jockey Lot.

---

Lasting impression?

Well, the features were interesting. Unique dialogue scenes and character-building. However I cannot stand the fact 'aliens' exist in a video game, or spaceships, or even laser-weapons in that matter. I am not a sci-fi guy. Is it a good game? Probably, just not for me... at all. I was deeply bummed out by it.

---

Needless to say, I began playing CoD 4, Modern Warfare which took me by surprise considering I hate FPS's.

You disappoint me.
You chose a mediocre, bottom of the line FPS that's been milked by Activision over a great GOTY contender with a deep story, hilarious dialogue options and memorable characters/moments that can be expanded upon with endless amounts of imagination.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Then I came across some dialogue. What was that? I got to choose among what I would say to the characters? Was pretty neat and interesting to me at least. I told that asses to stop f****** off and o what the hell they were suppose to do - in a Mass Effect character's sort of way.

---

Lasting impression?

---

Get your facts straight please. The antagonists in Mass Effect 1 (it sounds like the first one) aren't aliens. They're robots led by a cyborg trying to bring some even bigger robots to the party. And your characters' weapons aren't lasers; they're grains of ammunition sheared off a block, and propelled at high speed through a mass reducing electro-material energy field caused by the excitation of 'Dark Matter' (search it on Wikipedia). Most of Mass Effect's background concepts (weapons, ship ideas, communications tech) is all possible based on current scientific principles and theories.

Ipso Facto, there are no lasers. Period.

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
Get your facts straight please. The antagonists in Mass Effect 1 (it sounds like the first one) aren't aliens. They're robots led by a cyborg trying to bring some even bigger robots to the party. And your characters' weapons aren't lasers; they're grains of ammunition sheared off a block, and propelled at high speed through a mass reducing electro-material energy field caused by the excitation of 'Dark Matter' (search it on Wikipedia). Most of Mass Effect's background concepts (weapons, ship ideas, communications tech) is all possible based on current scientific principles and theories.

Ipso Facto, there are no lasers. Period.
Thanks.

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
You disappoint me.
You chose a mediocre, bottom of the line FPS that's been milked by Activision over a great GOTY contender with a deep story, hilarious dialogue options and memorable characters/moments that can be expanded upon with endless amounts of imagination.

Everyone has their opinions SweetWater, and I simply stated mine. Whether you like CoD or not is an opinion as well. I have no right to say whether Mass Effect is good or not, because their is no right answer. I prefer modern-day things compared to futuristic stuff. That's just my style. I chose CoD over Mass Effect because of the modern-day weapons and modern-day possibilities.

Never did I say Mass Effect was an awful game. I DID say it was game NOT for me though.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Everyone has their opinions SweetWater, and I simply stated mine. Whether you like CoD or not is an opinion as well. I have no right to say whether Mass Effect is good or not, because their is no right answer. I prefer modern-day things compared to futuristic stuff. That's just my style. I chose CoD over Mass Effect because of the modern-day weapons and modern-day possibilities.

Never did I say Mass Effect was an awful game. I DID say it was game NOT for me though.

Id always read into games before getting them in that case as if you dont like Aliens or any of that then Mass Effect (a Sci Fi RPG) and Halo (a futuristic shooter) arent going to be for you from the outset. Im a huge fan of Mass Effect, Halo and CoD for the record and have owned all the titles in each series. Though i refused to pay for Black Ops myself and waited until Christmas because i refuse to fund the Activision money making machine until they change their ways.

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
Id always read into games before getting them in that case as if you dont like Aliens or any of that then Mass Effect (a Sci Fi RPG) and Halo (a futuristic shooter) arent going to be for you from the outset. Im a huge fan of Mass Effect, Halo and CoD for the record and have owned all the titles in each series. Though i refused to pay for Black Ops myself and waited until Christmas because i refuse to fund the Activision money making machine until they change their ways.

Thanks Drakan.

SweetWater

Reaction score

You choose a game simply based on the time period it is set in.
You're casual at best.

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
You choose a game simply based on the time period it is set in.
You're casual at best.
Well I mean yes. What is wrong with that? All I am saying is I judge games on the type first.

Therefore, since I just cannot stand playing some sort of space game, then I just do not bather with them. IS their a space a game I'd like? I don't doubt it. In fact, I BET there is, I just choose not to try them out. That is the person I am.

Galaga I think it was, that is the only 'spaceship' game I'd play. Gears of War 2 is at least good enough. But something like Mass Effect? It isn't for me, however I did find its overall look to be fairly interesting. But I am just not interested in things like that.

StarWars, Mass Effect, and Star Trek are the only examples I know of. I do not like any one of them. Simply because I find most of uninteresting. And the reason for that is because of its space-like feel. I just don't seem to like it. It doesn't strike me as interesting. There isn't a thing in the world wrong with that.

Since I seem to be typing a lot, I guess I will go ahead and say I hate Magic Stuff to. I mean shooting fireballs from ones hands? Creating a golem from rocks? Freezing someone in ice? I just don't seem to find it interesting. It' just seems... ridiculous.

But I am smart enough to know that there ARE people who like these sort of games, therefore I do not talk BAD about them, all I say is I am not interested. Nothing wrong with it right?

Before anyone says "Why are you on a Fable Forum?". Well first off, I never even used spell-weaving in Fable III, so I have no idea what that particularly does. In fact all I use in Fable games are ranged weapons and melee weapons. Why? Cause I find that interesting. However I am smart enough to understand their are those who like this sort of stuff, so I do not complain.

For this particular reason this is why,
I choose CoD over Mass Effect
Why I choose Skill/Strength over Will
Why I choose Age of Empires over WarCraft
Why I choose Rise of Nations over StarCraft

I find the more realistic a game is, the more interesting it is to me. This is just who I am, and what I like. There isn't anything wrong with that. You guys think otherwise, however I understand that your liking for that is the same reason I like what I like. It is just opinions and interests.

Goodbye and have a wonderful day. I beg you.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I find the more realistic a game is, the more interesting it is to me. This is just who I am, and what I like. There isn't anything wrong with that. You guys think otherwise, however I understand that your liking for that is the same reason I like what I like. It is just opinions and interests.

Each to their own and all that, i have friends that prefer some games for the same reason and prefer a more realistic idea and setting. I generally prefer more realistic shooters but i prefer sci-fi/fantasy RPG's simply because a realistic RPG would be to much like real life and i want to get away from real existing worlds in my role playing games.

SweetWater

Reaction score
Well I mean yes. What is wrong with that? All I am saying is I judge games on the type first.

Therefore, since I just cannot stand playing some sort of space game, then I just do not bather with them. IS their a space a game I'd like? I don't doubt it. In fact, I BET there is, I just choose not to try them out. That is the person I am.

Galaga I think it was, that is the only 'spaceship' game I'd play. Gears of War 2 is at least good enough. But something like Mass Effect? It isn't for me, however I did find its overall look to be fairly interesting. But I am just not interested in things like that.

StarWars, Mass Effect, and Star Trek are the only examples I know of. I do not like any one of them. Simply because I find most of uninteresting. And the reason for that is because of its space-like feel. I just don't seem to like it. It doesn't strike me as interesting. There isn't a thing in the world wrong with that.

Since I seem to be typing a lot, I guess I will go ahead and say I hate Magic Stuff to. I mean shooting fireballs from ones hands? Creating a golem from rocks? Freezing someone in ice? I just don't seem to find it interesting. It' just seems... ridiculous.

But I am smart enough to know that there ARE people who like these sort of games, therefore I do not talk BAD about them, all I say is I am not interested. Nothing wrong with it right?

Before anyone says "Why are you on a Fable Forum?". Well first off, I never even used spell-weaving in Fable III, so I have no idea what that particularly does. In fact all I use in Fable games are ranged weapons and melee weapons. Why? Cause I find that interesting. However I am smart enough to understand their are those who like this sort of stuff, so I do not complain.

For this particular reason this is why,
I choose CoD over Mass Effect
Why I choose Skill/Strength over Will
Why I choose Age of Empires over WarCraft
Why I choose Rise of Nations over StarCraft

Mass Effect is more realistic than something like Modern Warfare so I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. Modern day is not equal to realism. You choose some of the worse games over the best ones. "Rise of the Nations > Starcraft & CoD > Mass Effect" has to be the 3rd most ugly comparison I have ever seen.

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
Mass Effect is more realistic than something like Modern Warfare so I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. Modern day is not equal to realism. You choose some of the worse games over the best ones. "Rise of the Nations > Starcraft & CoD > Mass Effect" has to be the 3rd most ugly comparison I have ever seen.

Exactly, they're your opinions. Just because YOU think this doesn't mean EVERYBODY has to think this.

Don't go around thinking your opinions are facts. Makes you look like a douche.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

You prefer realistic games? I'm going to make an intelligent guess and say you enjoy your life, at least, more than me. Or you're very pragmatic. I don't enjoy my life. I need an escape. As, I guess, do many people on this forum. Or they just prefer to be light-hearted. Or have a low IQ. Or have a high IQ and try and explain how it would work (like I do sometimes). Or a million other reasons.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

So you'll let someone else fund Activision's money making machine for you? You rack a discipren!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So you'll let someone else fund Activision's money making machine for you? You rack a discipren!

Wasnt going to totally miss out on a good game for it. On their conscience be it. :lol:

Hell no to buying anymore 1200 MSP map packs too though for sure.