• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Minimap

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

schecter33

Minimap

Its prolly just because im lazy, or stupid, but the minimap annoys me. Ill be in a town and I get completely lost trying to find which shop is what, etc. Just coloring the house green on the minimap doesnt help me, maybe just something like a Sword for weapons, Shield for shields, armor for armor, vial of ink for tattoos, house for buyable house, beer for bar, something else for games. And lastly, there should be a gold piece for a bank. It just seems like a cool idea to me to be able to have storage. Yo can keep whatever in there ( and maybe transfer stuff from one account to another).
Restrictions for this---maybe just not allow quest items to be transfered and maybe put some sorta experience limit on legendaries so that way you dont make the game too cheap. Stuff like that.

Also to go with the minimap, if you do get quests set up like grandtheft autoish like in one of my previous posts, you could have an icon for each person you can get a quest from. They could be blue if its someone you can get many quests from, and black if its just one sidequest.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Minimap

With ALL of those icons the minimap would get pretty cluttered but i can see what you are saying. The idea of the icons above characters you get quests from is kind of like Guild Wars idea and it works well in that so would be a good idea i think.

C

Crazyarms

Well if you play the game enough, you will eventually know which shops sell swords or clothing, but your right it is confusing to tell what the colors mean on the map.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

I rarely used the minimao for navigating, after playing through the game once or twice I sort of knew where everything was. Maybe on the minimap shops could be shown as the normal colour and when you enlarge the map slightly it could show the little sword or clothes icons- that way the small minimap isnt cluttered but the slightly enlarged one has everything you need to easily navigate the map. Gah, I dunno- maps were never specialty, I cant even find my way out of this box. Which, I may add, I have been lost in for about seven years now.

o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.