• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My First Tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
View attachment 240
pic related, it's my first tattoo guys.

i finally got up the money yesterday to go into a shop. i'd been tossing around ideas for 2 years on what to get...and i liked tribal suns, but i didn't want to go tribal because you may as well just get someone elses arm tattooed onto yours. i wanted something original, so i designed it myself :)

went in yesterday because they said to give 2 days notice so they could resize it, etc...but when i came in they said "oh, we can do it now if you like"
"sure why not"

it was excruciating at parts, it took an hour, i was glad when it ended, and i'm very f***ing happy with the result. :D

oh, and don't let the thread title let you think i'm implying there'll be a second. it's been checked off my bucket list, and i'd sooner spend an hour in a dentists office than go through it again. glad i did it, though.

the drive home was...interesting. my nerves were on fire from the strain (not painful, very VERY numb) so i had to drive in a state that i described as when ace ventura is running through the woods getting hit with poison darts. i had to partially throw my right arm between the stickshift and the steering wheel... my friend was very amused.

visited a closing blockbuster afterwards and bought (500) Days of Summer
GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I genuinely like that tattoo - and normally I think most tattoos look stupid. I still don't have the balls to get one (or the money, come to think of it) but that sir is one nice looking one :D

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I genuinely like that tattoo - and normally I think most tattoos look stupid. I still don't have the balls to get one (or the money, come to think of it) but that sir is one nice looking one :D
thanks! i'm so glad i haven't met anyone yet who says the opposition. the last thing you want to hear when you get something painful and permanent is "it would have been better if..." or that it just plain doesn't look good!

i opted not to tell anyone but my 2 best friends. my family doesn't prohibit tattoos, but i can tell my dad flinched whenever i ran the idea by him (mom too). my plan is to keep it hidden until we go swimming one fine day and just go "oh, this? i've had this for months!" :lol:

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
You designed it yourself? That's pretty good :) I like the look of tattoos, but I never think I'd get one myself to be honest.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I still need to get mine recoloured and when i got time i shall do it. I remember the feeling of driving afterwards being really awkward after my 4th 8 hour stint. Leaning back into seat and putting on seatbelt werent pretty. :lol:

Like the design though, i like the uniqueness of it.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
I've got a bunch of tattoos. Haha. One of them was done by a self-made tattoo pen. I used a tooth brush, a batteries, needle, thread, indian ink, and a motor from an RC car. It's the tattoo on my right shoulder. It hurt so bad, 'cause the needle wasn't steady. It didn't enter me at a constant extension. It had random extensions, so sometimes it'll go into my skin short, then go in long, then short. There was a lot of blood. Anyway...

Your tattoo looks good. What exactly is in the middle?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I like it, I keep waiting for the day when I can get a tattoo.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I still need to get mine recoloured and when i got time i shall do it. I remember the feeling of driving afterwards being really awkward after my 4th 8 hour stint. Leaning back into seat and putting on seatbelt werent pretty. :lol:

Like the design though, i like the uniqueness of it.
i wanted some color, but i couldn't really find any way to work it in. eventually i more or less said **** it.
would you have a picture of yours floating around you could post?

I've got a bunch of tattoos. Haha. One of them was done by a self-made tattoo pen. I used a tooth brush, a batteries, needle, thread, indian ink, and a motor from an RC car. It's the tattoo on my right shoulder. It hurt so bad, 'cause the needle wasn't steady. It didn't enter me at a constant extension. It had random extensions, so sometimes it'll go into my skin short, then go in long, then short. There was a lot of blood. Anyway...

Your tattoo looks good. What exactly is in the middle?
I'LL NEVER TELL
no haha, but seriously. the whole thing was based on an abstract i did of a radiohead song
i touched it up and made it a bit more tattoo-ish... though it's kind of interesting that if you look closely my name is spelled out ("Ben"). in all honesty, it's based on an abstract, so i guess all it really means is what i hear when i listen to that song. :p

Ah, that tattoo. The design I gave my opinion on. Where the hell is my th--...Nice tattoo. :thumbsup:
yus, your and arses advice was very helpful with my first several drafts. ATHANKYU

I like it, I keep waiting for the day when I can get a tattoo.
when the time comes i'd recommend checking out Barber's Electric Tattooing on Vine St. as a good place to go. very talented, clean, and reputed. i did my fair share of research and they are hands down the best place in the city.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I know someone who went to Mothers, they did a really good tattoo, but his was simple. I'll check Barber's then.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Nice, always go original. You were very smart to wait 2 years for it for just the right one. I can get a tattoo now but I think I'm gunna hold off I have some great ideas but it has to be a need sort of opinion.

I'm an artist and my friend wants me to apprentice at his piercing shop and start doing tats it'd be a great way to make doe.

But yah I like it alot.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm an artist and my friend wants me to apprentice at his piercing shop and start doing tats it'd be a great way to make doe.

Just don't "do each other" while you're under apprenticeship. My cousin has had a lot of tattoos done by one of his friends for free as "practice" and whilst I'd never tell him to his face, he's pretty much ruined his whole body because it looks like crap.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I now a guy, dropped out fail, that got a 'FREE!' tattoo from his friend of a panda. It looks like a 5year old scribbled on him.

If I ever get one I'm going to a professional with a reputation.
tats aren't zarkes right now. I never ever did any of that piercing, gauging, tats, emo scarring, lighter burns. Pretty much no mutilation of any form for me. But when I'm older and only getting older hey a tattoo would be nice.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I it hardly be fair to classify tattoos as "mutilation" together with cutting one's self and such...

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Just don't "do each other" while you're under apprenticeship. My cousin has had a lot of tattoos done by one of his friends for free as "practice" and whilst I'd never tell him to his face, he's pretty much ruined his whole body because it looks like crap.
absolutely a terrible idea. i almost went down that road, but my friend went first and it was enough to show me the light.
my friend made the dumb decision of going through with it with some kid who was trying to teach himself how. i was supposed to film it on a digital camera (don't ask why, my friend wanted it deleted not 24 hours later). i sat there and witnessed a tattoo gun that was malfunctioning and shutting off every 20-30 seconds and a kid who had no hand control and a friend in severe pain.

it may have been free, but it made something that doesn't need much help in being uncomfortable and took it beyond what it needed to be. it's damn near impossible to ruin something as simple as tally marks, but this kid came dangerously close. would never recommend it to anyone, save up the cash and have it done right.

You went with a friend and he let you drive?
well he wasn't along for that reason specifically. we tried having him behind the wheel, but he can't drive a stick shift. i pulled the car into a nearby parking lot and guaged the situation utterly hopeless without basically teaching him how to drive a manual from scratch. i'd parked all the way on the other side of campus, plus we'd stopped off at a grocery store and blockbuster etc, so it had been a little while.

definitely had my doubts and made sure i'd had some time so that it was safe before we drove even if it was only 5 minutes away. ;)

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
Sorry in advance but this joke is too good to pass up.

Good, now you can get your first tan.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Noice tattoo bro.

I've always wanted to get a tattoo of Harrison Ford's face on my face, so then I'd look like Harrison Ford.

...and why would you want that?

Status
Not open for further replies.