• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Sanctuary chest farming trick - about 30 mins per chest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

schala

Alice in Winterland
Reaction score
thanks to m800_runner for confirming that creating a new random offline gamer profile will give you a random treasure sanctuary chest. send any feedback you may have on this trick!

requirements:
1. main character with over 5 million gold (not in the treasury)
2. second xbox 360 controller

steps (about 30 mins from start to finish):
1. with the second controller, create a new game.
2. speed through as much of the introduction as possible. you can skip certain scenes by pressing the start button.
3. once you reach Mistpeak Valley for the first time, join the game with your main character
4. form a business partnership between the two heroes
5. enter the second hero's sanctuary and go to the trophy/achievement room
6. climb the gold heap to reach the golden key
7. exit the sanctuary
8. end the business partnership between the two heroes (main hero may exit at this point)
9. re-enter the sanctuary and return to the trophy/achievement room
10. the gold heap is now gone and the chest is open for looting!
11. repeat to your heart's desire

kl241

Fable Farmer
Reaction score
This is a spoiler please do not read.
From my experience and what i have read in the forum the chest are very random. In one gamertag, you can aquire 26 legendary weapons. 12 from shops 12 from treasure chests, and 2 from quests
20 silver key chest in millfeilds
2 gold doors summerset house, and the other in morning wood after the ghost twin quest
50 silver key chest
demon doors in mist peak, and aurora
morta challenge
chest under pile of money.
aurora mine, opened after you have decided to make the auroran people work.
But after typing all of this, I've only realized you were just talking about getting the chest under the pile of gold lol.
Are you going to try and complete the offline character or some of the story so you can get the rest of the chest??
I'm definitely going to start an offline character, and try out your technique.
Cheers.

schala

Alice in Winterland
Reaction score
my farming runs goes through about all the legendary weapons except the 50 key chest. i don't count the ones that could be bought in shops since they are very common.

i made a small legendary weapon checklist for myself when going through a new playthrough (in the order more or less of how the story pans out):
Sanctuary Treasury
Mistpeak Valley Demon Door
Mourningwood Chest (10)
Mourningwood Fort
Sunset House Mirror
Sunset House Golden Door
Ossuary Golden Door
Millfields Chest (20)
Aurora Mine
Aurora Demon Door
Aurora Chest (20)
Castle Chest (50)

if i cut it short from the last 50 key chest, each of my playthroughs is about 5-hours long, with the idea that the hero would only work towards developing their magic ability. i also save my main character at one of the golden key spots (other than Mistpeak Valley since my second hero can get that) so that i can load my main character's game, have my second character join in and just pick up the key.

in case people are curious what my spreadsheet/checklist looks like:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...UTlkOVhEVlJzVXBmVDBHdkl5eWc&hl=en&output=html

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score
problem is. the sactuary weaps are set per account. once you open it its set. so you might end up with alot of the same weapon.

schala

Alice in Winterland
Reaction score
problem is. the sactuary weaps are set per account. once you open it its set. so you might end up with alot of the same weapon.
yes, however i did originally posted if by changing an offline gamertag might "randomize" the chest. if not, then i would believe that the chest is tied more to the xbox machine_id than the gamertag. only time will tell...

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score
yes, however i did originally posted if by changing an offline gamertag might "randomize" the chest. if not, then i would believe that the chest is tied more to the xbox machine_id than the gamertag. only time will tell...

you are correct about the online ID tag for the chests. I have confirmed this myself. msg me online and ill show you something even better.

schala

Alice in Winterland
Reaction score
that is very encouraging news! thank you for sharing that.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
Just thought i'd add to this, ive tried this once or twice but i use a guest account so i have to exchange 5mil in 100,000 incriments lol, but the bit i wanted to add was in the castle garden if you join in with your second account and have 50 silver keys you can open the 50 key chest on the 1st players behalf, they get a legendary weapon and you get a rare gem or something etc then just send the legendary sword across - hope this helps, i found this out because i was currious what would happen in my friends world if i opend his chests lol.

schala

Alice in Winterland
Reaction score
i'll have to try this out! thanks for sharing that

Status
Not open for further replies.