• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Sigs - New Creation

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
My Sigs - New Creation

Maybe this title will get more responses, anyway i did some research and perfected my skills a little bit more, and wanted to get some opinions on my latest creation.

I sure think its better then my last one. :D

Thoughts?

knightsigfinp.jpg

Rano

Legend
Reaction score
Re: My Sigs - New Creation

I think you made it yourself very difficult by using too big dimensions. Usually sigs are 300 x 120 or a bit bigger like 350 x 125 (130) It has a reason everyone uses about the same dimensions. ;)

1. It's easier.
2. Well it looks better. :p

Furthermore you didn't blend the Render in the background which makes it look like that it doesn't belong together. And the text could have been set on overlay, soft light or you could just have reduced the opacity. (I'm bad with text as well so never mind) ;)

zDominik

Reaction score

Well,considering everathing that was already said above,I would just like to ad that the choice of colours is not too good and that the signature has no flow and no focal point.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

Well poop, i'm trying. I don't know how you blend renders, or anything like that. I mean i'm doing more research and trying to improve my skills. Everyone has to start somewhere right?

Not one positive thing, i guess i'm not really cut out for creativity...

Like, Wow! I must really suck, if i didn't get ONE positive comment.

I would have at least expected, "Well its better then your last one"

zDominik

Reaction score

Terra_Zeta;426309 said:
Well poop, i'm trying. I don't know how you blend renders, or anything like that. I mean i'm doing more research and trying to improve my skills. Everyone has to start somewhere right?

Do not say that,you have been only doing sigs for a short time,you have to keep trying and you will get the results you want.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

I know i just get frustrated, I just looked up how to blend renders, and it was so easy that i /double facepalmed myself.

Its odd how I've taken 2 courses in Photoshop and then i forget everything. I think i need to start doing at least 2 Photoshop projects a week so i get all the information in my head again.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

it needs foreground IMO
also, a border. with those two key elements it could be a masterpiece :D

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

Thank you for the constructive criticism, I appreciate it.

Rano

Legend
Reaction score

Terra_Zeta;426309 said:

I haven't seen your last one... :p

And unlike someone else here I do think you choose the right colors only because it isn't blended it doesn't seem that well.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
Re: My Sigs - Trying not to be a total failure.

Well i will put forth more of an effort next time and keep perfecting my projects. Maybe one day i will be as good as everyone else.

EDIT:

Ok, someone please tell me i'm not a complete failure at making signatures and that I at least have made some progress or AT LEAST tell me that i'm on the right track.

I took the incredibley lazy route and used a gigantic render, but this time i added a border, made it smaller and did my best to blend. I know about feather but photoshop decided to be retarded and take a long ass time to do anything.

EDIT AGAIN: I made another. lolz

Saving as JPEG might have ruined the quality a bit :(

bleachsig.jpg

knightsigv2.jpg