• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score
My Stand!

This is a message to Crazyarms and all other super Xbox fanboys. This is a lesson, this is my stand!

The PS2 is a massively popular console that has as many good games as the Xbox has, maybe even more. The thing is, each console has its most popular genre; PS2 with RPGs, the Xbox with FPS, and Gamecube with party games. Thing is there will always be more than just the Xbox or the 360 or any other comp console after that. That im glad about, for just having one stupid little console just wouldn't cut it, and to me the PS2 is the best for it has a stronger legacy, incredibly beautiful games, and an amazing stand against the competitions. I myself, am not afanboy of any kind. I like each console the same as the other if not a little more. But as a gamer I take it upon myself to play every game I want to play, whether it be on the PS2 or Xbox, or even the Gamecube. Just limiting yourself to one console is just not a true gamer's path, just a fanboy's. Tell me, you think that PS2 is doing poorly, well if it's doing so bad why is it that they have been able to continue being the home for such amazing games as Shadow of the Colossus, Onimusha, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, and Star Ocean. Why is it then, that they are still in this console race and have the votes of millions to be the best console of the next generation of gaming.

I tell you this, you talk big and you think your so smart about it when you probably don't even own a PS2. Until you buy one for yourself and play a many of it's great and wonderful games, you can't say anything about the Xbox is better or Sony is plummeting. Maybe when you learn that you can't just judge something by what you read or have seen, that you have to experience it for yourself to truly know, then you can call youreself a gamer. Until then, just shut it and stop insulting what you don't even fully know.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: My Stand!

I have to be honest now -- for the life of me I cannot understand why someone would blindly defend one console/computer over another. If the platform provides a catalogue of interesting games then great, I'll more then likely purchase it. If not, then I'll just hold on to my hard-earned until a decent title comes along, it's no skin off my nose.

Also (and I'm not defending Sony), for someone to imply that Sony's Playstation brand is a failure would either be a flat-out lie or just prove that person's ignorance.

And just to clarify: I own all three of the major next generation consoles: Sony PS2, Microsoft Xbox and Nintendo GameCube, so I cannot be labelled as biassed.

F

Fuzi0n

projectego said:
I have to be honest now -- for the life of me I cannot understand why someone would blindly defend one console/computer over another. If the platform provides a catalogue of interesting games then great, I'll more then likely purchase it. If not, then I'll just hold on to my hard-earned until a decent title comes along, it's no skin off my nose.

Also (and I'm not defending Sony), for someone to imply that Sony's Playstation brand is a failure would either be a flat-out lie or just prove that person's ignorance.

And just to clarify: I own all three of the major next generation consoles: Sony PS2, Microsoft Xbox and Nintendo GameCube, so I cannot be labelled as biassed.
Why cant you understand? People/Humans do it all the time.
Football teams, bands, celebrities.

It happens all the time, its in our nature to take something we like, and stand by it, even if it means agressivly.

Im a PS2 kind of person, and constantly argue with my best friend, who is an XBOX kind of person, i know the argueing isnt going to resolve anything, but if there was no competition, no one would have anything to talk about.

Also. Seig, Final fantasy and star ocean wernt originally for the PS2, so they cant really count. But i guess if your only talking about the new stuff, then iguess so.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I agree with you prjectego, but Fuzion has a very good point as well. Why can't we just agree that we like something and let it be? Why is it that these fanboys have to parade around proving to everyone that one console is superior to another even though it isn't. This is the reason that I hate fanboys of any kind. They go around thinking that they have a greater understanding than anybody else but in the end are just dimwitted. Those who have played all three have the proper knowledge to give a good statement/argument. But those who have only played one console and say it is better than the others is merely giving out empty accusations. I also speak of this through any other root of fanboyism such as games, movies, anime, sports, ect.

I admit hat I wish we could just have our own likes and dislikes without having to argue about them, but I also have to admit that it is common human nature to be competitive and be the best. I don't think I'll ever completely understand humans.

C

Crazyarms

Whos arguing im just saying that i dont like the PS, ok call me a fanboy if you like, but id rather play on a system that i know that i can trust, than to take my chace with one i dont (mostly because of my low income) if i had the money then yeah sure ill try the PS, but i dont, and i believe that Xbox is a great system, and will eventually put down sony, just like Nitendo did to Sega, and just like Sony did to Nitendo. (and why is it that you only mention my name when you post stuff?)

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Your the only name I know at the moment, I also state it to any other fanboys everywhere.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Fuzi0n said:
Why cant you understand? People/Humans do it all the time.
Perhaps it's because I can't see the logic in blindly arguing over which chunk of metal and plastic is better then the other. ;)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I appreiccate every console though i dislike the Gamecube alot as i dont like any game on it (kinda contradicted myself there :lol:) but i have no preference over Sony (PS2) and Microsoft (Xbox & 360) as like steve said if they have great games on then surely as a true gamer you need to own BOTH consoles (or all if you like Gamecube games). I appreiccate the fact that some people love gamecube and thats their choice im not going to go around saying Gamecube sucks becauseI dont like the games as its personal preference.

F

Fuzi0n

projectego said:
Perhaps it's because I can't see the logic in blindly arguing over which chunk of metal and plastic is better then the other. ;)

Its just two equals with their own entities.
People just choose differant things.

Its like people argueing over 2 games. But i agree with you, its pointless.
But when they argue, people have something to stand up for then.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Cant they all, just get along? ^_^

F

Fuzi0n

If it was like that there wouldnt be any war and everyone would prefer pepsi, LIKE THEY SHOULD

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Fuzi0n said:
If it was like that there wouldnt be any war and everyone would prefer pepsi, LIKE THEY SHOULD

Everyone should respect they are great consoles and benefit the GAMER in their own ways.

JBL

Saber
Reaction score

I respect all of the consoles. I have a slight grudge against Nintendo simply because they put my (then favorite) gaming company, Sega, out of business. I don't really want any Nintendo consoles at the moment.

I have both a PS2 and Xbox and I love both. They both release interesting games that I enjoy playing daily.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Microsoft will ALWAYS be superiour to everything else!!!

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Uh yeah I would call myself a Nintendo fanboy, personally I dislike the PS2 and detest with a vengeance everything about the PS3 but who am I to judge I adored my PSX. I did own a PS2 back in the day but sold it after three weeks. It wasnt to my taste but that doesnt mean I have a right to mouth off about it. A bit of interesting back and fourth or a calm debate in an amusing manner is cool but when people take things too seriously I just bail out. I mean when people start arguing and hating each other over a console based system you really should step back and have a good think about their mental stability. No offence but it seems a bit lunatic to argue with people over the sake of a piece of technology.

I own an Xbox and a Gamecube, I intend to buy a Wii and a 360 but I'm not going to condemn or lay insane squirrelly wrath upon anybody buying a PS3. Yeesh if people were arguing over consoles I would have simply two words to say to them;

"Grow up."

:ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.