• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My thoughts.*SPOILERS...sort of*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
So, I finally got Fable 3. As soon as I got home it was fired into my xbox, and I proceeded to go onto a 8.8 hour session of hobbe slaying, and farting in people's faces.

I enjoyed the game. We can all now pretend Fable 2 didn't happen. As far as I'm concerned this is the sequel TLC was supposed to get. The one it sort-of deserves!

Alas, I did have problems with it..

The story was short. But then again, I did plow through it, so we'll see how I feel about this later [currently working on my second char, gonna go through all the side-quests and what not this time].

Is it just me or did it seem like there weren't enough clothing options? Fable 2 had this problem as well... For a game that boasts such indepth character customisation as putting on mutton-chops or not putting on mutton-chops, I expected a few more different types of shirt. At least we have a good dye system.

And am I the only one that felt the last half of the game was WAY overhyped? I thought it was going to be something really cool but instead we got "save Albion from the black goop before we're all lost to goopy goop goey nightmares!! OH NO!!!" Even the big-baddie was over-exaggerated, mostly in size. I assumed he'd be at least towering over me, but no, the Hero and the... oil-slick-thing-that-obsesses-over-shadows-n-stuff were both about the same height. Disappointing...

Lastly! The third problem I had was this whole "royal judgments" thing. It was WAY too black and white [no pun intended]. It all consisted of "make good on promises or make good gold and side with Reaver and his sexy new outift." Maybe there's more to it I've yet to see? Do we get to make more judgments after the gooey-black-tar-monsters have gone away?

In summary: I liked it. I'm going to continue liking it despite it's flaws. Because that's what true Fable fans do. Since the first game we've had great games that have had flaws and disappointment-mounds as big as the bundles of joy we got from playing!

PS. Did anyone LOL at the TLC reference made by the D&D-archetype dudes?

Status
Not open for further replies.