• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

my wishlist and ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike398214

Death Ranger
Reaction score
my wishlist and ideas

My Fable 2 Wishlist:

-Setting villages aflame - They should make it so when you're powerful enough, that you can destroy and burn homes. In Fable one, you have the almighty sword of aeons, or the almighty mask of jack, yet all you can do with it is shatter a couple windows and ruin the front door?? You can't even ruin the walls or destroy the furiniture and objects lying around.

-A Dark Village - A village where you can be repsected as a villain. Sure you're respected in the bandit camp but imagine a dark village with bad people, maybe some with horns on their head like you can get. Maybe some acolytes of skorm could live there as well.

-"REAL" Unlimited Power - If they have something like the Sword of Aeons or Jacks Mask, which is supposibly the "Almighty Immortal Unstoppable Force" then they should actually take that seriously. That SERIOUSLY sucks how you have the almighty Sword of Aeons yet you cannot use IT or any magics in Bowerstone... REALLY limits the fun if you wanna be a villain. I don't think any guard would be able to remove the Sword of Aeons from my body if I went into town. He'd be dead before he hit the ground if he got in my way.

-Offspring- You should be able to start a family. This might even be good if it went as far as being able to train your son when he gets old enough, and have him travel with you on quests able to fight foes by your side.

-Mercenarys HP/Armor should be improved - I really liked having mercenaries or bandits follow me around to have big battles against foes, but it really sucks how they die so easy. It also sucks how the heal spell is the ONLY way to refill their HP. You should simply be able to just GIVE them potions of health! And yes, guild apprentices, it'd be nice if they could follow you ARMED and able to fight as they are trained to, not standing around like idiots while a balverine tears them up like it does in Fable 1.

-Regenerated items for more theft - Once you steal an item from a house, you can never take anything from that shelf again. It would be nice if certain shelves had small items that reappear in shelves over time, so you can steal there again in the future. Also, the level 3 guile steal skill kinda sucks, it takes so long and theres a laggy delay in the gameplay if you get caught. That needs improvement.

-Marketing, owning a shop, having a business - Being able to own a shop and use it to market items and sell them to people. Being a trader or merchant should be possible as one of the many various choices of life

-More spells - Curse, Necromancy, change into the form of a creature or animal

-Better models - There needs to be more variety in the kind of people you meet. More new faces, more clothing colors, more body types, more hair styles.

-Assassinate someone - There should be a skill where if you sneak up on a villager, weak gaurd, or weak bandit, with sneak walking, with a katana, you should be able to push a button to get behind them and slit their throat and make them die immediately. A perfect skill for a professional assassin.

-Hiring assassinations - You should be able to hire assassins to go in at nighttime and break in peoples homes, and kill them. This would happen with a certain percent chance it will fail and he assassin will get captured or killed by town guards.

-Balverine infection - Make it possible for you or people around you to get infected by balverines bites. Let there be a purchasable cure in towns or carried by certain traders.

-Undead infection - If someone is killed by an undead, they should become undead. There should also be disease while fighting undead, if you get hit too many times by one, you should become ill, with certain cures in towns or by sleeping it off. Death by certain disease should lead to undead infection.

-Magic Curses - There should be magical curses, which act as disease, like something making it impossible to use potions. Something making it impossible to use ranged weapons. Something making it hard to see for a period of time. Soething that slows you down.

-Quests for Skorms Chapel - There should be a quest where Skorm requests you to defeat a certain Paladin Hero (with a name) or a certain noble from a town, and bring him to be sacrificed. There should also be quests like defending the chapel against holy warriors and moral men.

-Quests for Avos Temple - There should be a quest where Avo requests you to deviler a certain message, there should also be quests like defending the Temple against demon warriors and heretics

-More interaction with other heroes - You should be able to interact more with heroes, maybe go on more quests together. Perhaps have a quest where a certain hero challanges you in the Arena.

-Fist fighter leaders shouldn't be invulnerable - I find it hilarious how I could spend all day hacking a fist fighter gangster with something supposibly "Almighty" like the sword of aeons, or just let alone ANY sword or offensive spell, yet he's still somehow able to get back up and punch me? Thats lame.

-Sequeled quests - There are quests in Fable 1 which could lead into Fable 2. A fine example; the Random Victim quest in The Lost Chapters. Its the quest you have to rescue the Knothole Glade Chief's son, but his brother will pay you if you turn the son over to him. Well if that happens you hear the boy being thrown into the greatwood gorge river. Imagine if somehow the son has survived, drifted a great distance from home. Being that he is related to the chief, who in his blood is very strong and healthy, it might be possible. A story could lead into the painful struggle of how for years he fought for his survival on his own, and returned for the revenge on his brother and you. Another such quest, what happend to whisper? If you spare her in the Arena, he ends up leaving for her home islands in the west oceans. Maybe a quest could lead to her homeland, the place that is mentioned in that Fable 1 book, the 'Other Land'.

-Better drunken effects - When you get drunk you should be able to walk just like the villagers do when they get drunk, slowed down and moving around all dizzy. You should see strange things like colors and doubles. You should be able to pass out after having enough drinks. There should be things like crazy bar fights, or people that act obnoxious in taverns, making you able to use belch and fart expressions and get a good laugh from some people, rather than disgust. There should be people who actually have some humour in stuff like that in places like a tavern. Lastly, it should be hard to aim your bow or swing your weapon or fists while drunk. Magic effects should be limited and certain spells have failed/strange effects.

-Combat Realism/Injuries - There should be bruises and cuts on foes while fighting. Arrows should stick and stay in for a certain amount of time. The voices of people getting hit should be a LOT better than Fable 1 where everyone uses the same 2 or 3 voices for getting hit. Bandit, Hero, Villager, or Guard, each person should have their own voice, not intermixed. Also, if you are wounded in a very serious way, it should affect how able your hero is. Whether it is limping from a leg injury, or unable to swing his sword as good, or hard to roll and dodge because of back injuries, or perhaps it simply becomes hard to focus and channel your spell energies. This same effect would also work against foes like bandits, hobbs, balverines, etc.

-More uniforms/clothing.
Archer suits
Trader outfit
Weathly villager suit
Peasant villager suit
Hunter outfit
Pirate outfit
Barbarian outfit
Samurai outfit
Tribal outfit
Rogue outfit
More bandit gear variety
More villager clothing variety
The other assassin outfit used by the assassins you have to fight in Fable 1.

-Start your own band of bandits, rebels, or pirates, or
-Start your own camp of warriors, soldiers, and militia -
You should be able to set up your own camps of followers. Whether it be bandits, criminals, pirates, and rebels, or if it be soldiers, guards, and militia. If evil you can lead your forces to attack towns, plunder gold, and round up valuables. If good you can war against bandit clans, hobbe hordes, balverine nests, minion camps, or dark towns. You will be required to maintain a group, with food, gold, supplies, and keep your men happy by satisfying them with their fair share of golden earnings. You should also be able to set tents, defense, fires, posts, banners, and other things. There should also be a limit of how many people can be part of a group.

-New weapons:
-Yew Will users Staff
-Oak Will users Staff
-Ebony Will users Staff
-Master Will users Staff
-Mazes Wizard Staff

(The Will Users Staff is a ranged weapon, just like the Longbow and Crossbow, only it launches energy balls, much like how the magic hobbs throw the dark purple ones in Fable 1)

-Iron BoStick
-Steel BoStick
-Obsidian BoStick
-Master BoStick
-Staff of Keldon

(A two handed combat staff, much like whispers from Fable 1)

-Iron Gauntlets
-Steel Gauntlets
-Obsidian Gauntlets
-Master Gauntlets
-Fists of the Firehand

(Fist fighter gauntlets with claw blades on them. Sword weapons cannot be drawn with these on, they do however act as weapons in melee combat, and are just as fatal)

-Yew Sling
-Oak Sling
-Ebony Sling
-Master Sling
-The Windslayer

(A wooden sling that hurls light pebbles and stones at intense speeds. Not as powerful as a longbow or crossbow, but much faster and more rapid.)

For those who've taken the time to read this, give me some input on which of these ideas you agree with. Feel free to say if you disagree with some, and why. And if anyone knows a place where they are taking ideas and suggestions, please post me the link, I'd appriciate it. Thanks.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable 2 Ideas/Wishlist

wow there is not one idea i disagree with really. You have really put some thought into this and think some of those are really well thought out ideas. Welcome to the forums by the way and great 1st post! +rep

D

DrZoid

yeah...wow...probably the best first post on here.

And my fave idea:

"-Assassinate someone - There should be a skill where if you sneak up on a villager, weak gaurd, or weak bandit, with sneak walking, with a katana, you should be able to get behind them and slit their throat and make them die immediately. A perfect skill for a professional assassin. "

I always thought you should be able to do that. :ninja:

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

I agree with EVERYTHING on that post man
my favs were Dark Village,Skorm/Avo quests,Balverene/Undead infection,and several others that I don't really feel like putting because I'm lazy. +rep by the way

PS: someone should send that post to Peter Molynex or whatever his last name is (creater of Fable) those are all wonderfully awesome ideas man.:)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Skorm's Son said:
PS: someone should send that post to Peter Molynex or whatever his last name is (creater of Fable) those are all wonderfully awesome ideas man.:)

Yeah i agree, its feedback and ideas like that, that Publishers and games designers should take notice of.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Yeah because every single one of those ideas are perfect man.

K

Kneo

Your list is awesome. Right on. Some of those are in my "You would think" post. I have some additions as well.

- Tradeskills. I think you should be able to mine, chop wood etc, farm raw gems, kill spiders for silk...etc, and make your own armor, stat increasing jewelry, your own fortified house.

- Maybe once you've completed the game, you're crowned king and you get the option turning the game into RTS/RPG game. Where you can move troops in and around battlefields, build colonies etc - instead of the game being OVER (well basically) when your done with the main storyline. AND inbetween battles you can do the non-linear stuff, in the lands you conquered through the RTS battles option. I hope I explained that well. It's like adding a mini-Age of Empires into the game after the main story line is completely, and still switch back to walking the streets, pimpin ho's in darkwood, etc. So, it's still a thrilling game.

- A MOD developing kit. Like Morrowind.

- MORE spells, and a BETTER UI. I hated having to scroll through the spells in the heat of combat. I want the icons already there.

- If you own more then one house in a town, you can have more then one wife.

- An epic weapon, that you get to name.

- An option to collect taxes from citizens to protect them. Racketeering. OR once you completed the game, taxes from you Kingdom.

- This next one, they have to make it so you can wander off the beaten path, as it were. Like in EQ, you could go ANYWHERE. I remember jumping off cliffs, etc. That was a blast. Or levitating from mountain top to mountain top. It adds a whole new dimension to the immersion of a game. I hope they fix that.

Anyways, I'm done rabbling on.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Your list is good too Keo.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I don't nessecarily like the mod kit idea though. We need to have the players just play the game at its purest form, let some basement lurking fool make a mod kit and sell it on Ebay. As for everything else, they were some good ideas.

As for me:

-Clothing Effects-
Make it so that certain clothing has certain special effects towards them for different situations. For example: If you have commited a felony and are being chased by the guards you should be able to find a place to hide, put on the guard uniform, and breeze by them without them realizing its you; or when you want to steal something at night or kill someone, make it so when you wear the assassin gear you are able to lurk in the shadows without someones knowing or be really light footed and able to sneak past people with ease.

-If you commit a crime, your a criminal...period-
I didn't like the fact that when you commited a crime in a town or area were cuaght, all you had to do was pay a fine and be on your way. If you did something bad, you need to be punished for it. A sytem of law needs to be added into the game. When you steal something and then get cuaght, you should have to return that item, pay a fee, and be banned or kept from that store for an amount of time. Also, when needing to pay a fine I hated how you could just leave town and then come back a few minutes later and be nothing to nobody. I want it so that if you commit a crime and escape, a wanted poster or something of the sort should be made of you and even have bounty hunters coming after you for that reward.

Mike398214

Death Ranger
Reaction score

Yo its me the author again, if you know a way to get these ideas to the authors then go right ahead, that'd be awesome.

Also, just came to mind another new idea, imagine Fable 2 with level design.... (For PC, that is)

F

FableFreak

You said what I have been thinking ever since I played Fable... THANK YOU!

Mike398214

Death Ranger
Reaction score

fablefreak1 said:
You said what I have been thinking ever since I played Fable... THANK YOU!

np man

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Seigfried said:
-Clothing Effects-
Make it so that certain clothing has certain special effects towards them for different situations. For example: If you have commited a felony and are being chased by the guards you should be able to find a place to hide, put on the guard uniform, and breeze by them without them realizing its you

Sounds like you've been playing some Hitman games & yes that's a good idea and acually I tried it on the part were you save your mom and you get the gaurds armour but it didn't work:'(

K

Kneo

Skorm's Son said:
Sounds like you've been playing some Hitman games & yes that's a good idea and acually I tried it on the part were you save your mom and you get the gaurds armour but it didn't work:'(

Actually, just about all RPG's have clothing effects. EQ had an assortment of effects. Resist stun's, Focus Effects, Resists...etc. It would be nice if TLC did too. =]

L

Liberator

The ideas already mentioned are all pretty good...although to some extent I don't know if some of them would fit with the feel of Fable 2's supposed "colonial-like" setting.

The one thing I want out of Fable 2 is the chance to fight a much wider variety of monsters/enemies. For example, I'd like to see many more types of flying or aquatic enemies, as well as new land-bound foes. After killing a couple hundred undead or balverines, it gets kind of tiring ya know.... ;)

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Yeah a new variety of creatures would be nice.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

I think there should be a "Villans Guild" and when you complete all of those missions Maybe you get to meet Skorm and.........ummmmmmmmm.....stuff.

L

Liberator

From the rumors I've heard, there aren't going to be any Guilds in Fable 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.