• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Expansion for Age of Empires II on way

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
header.jpg

Microsoft have revealed that there is a new expansion on the way for Age of Empires II HD Edition. The team behind the fan-made Age of Empires II mod: ‘Forgotten Empires’, is helping Microsoft out with its new expansion pack, which will release some time this year.

Microsoft posted a teaser image of a camel archer on Steam which is one of the new units being worked on for the game. The expansion will also include new civilisations, campaigns and even game modes.

They are also trying to improve the Steam workshop for the game with a new mod manager along with improvements to multiplayer.

SOURCE- KITGURU

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Better late than never.

I was worried it would just be forever in limbo but I'm happy about this as AoEII is one of my favourite games of all time and I purchased HD version a while ago. Will definitely be looking into this when it releases as ive been waiting for new content for so long. Hopefully this means we will see a proper sequel again and series will return to form in future.

bluetain

Reaction score
Great news, I have been a big fan of the series for years now, Rise of Rome was the first game I ever played!!! I think I learned more about history playing age of empire's than I ever did in school , I love what creative assembly do, from empires to Alien isolation, looking forward to see what they do with this one :)

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
You know I feel a little ashamed to say this... but... I've never actually played an Age of Empires game before. D:

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
You know I feel a little ashamed to say this... but... I've never actually played an Age of Empires game before. D:

Really? This game is the reason I failed my GCSE's, My entire school played this nonstop come class, dinner, PE, and weekends. Really this game was an obsession for a whole generation.

How the hell did you miss this? You were watching anime weren't you. Weren't you!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Along with some of the C&C titles AoEII was the best RTS game I ever owned to this day.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
So it is a fan creation being made into an official expansion pack?

Hope the fans gets some of that Micro$oft green for their work!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So it is a fan creation being made into an official expansion pack?

Hope the fans gets some of that Micro$oft green for their work!

Yeah I would imagine so as they are working together with a Microsoft team to make it an official expansion.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Never played AoE, but I did play Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds which was just a clone (haha) of AoE, might have to revisit these games as I've been on an RTS kick lately.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Never played AoE, but I did play Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds which was just a clone (haha) of AoE, might have to revisit these games as I've been on an RTS kick lately.

If you like RTS games then you will like AoEII as its one of the best ever created and there is a HD remaster of it available too.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
New Age of Empires 2 expansion out next week

This is now the games 3rd expansion but it goes to show that its still as popular as ever & still held in such high regard in the RTS genre. The next expansion known as Rise of the Rajas is due December 19th.

Besides improved AI, Rise of the Rajas also adds five new random maps, five special maps, five real world maps, 13 new terrains, new Scenario Editor objects and a new Spectator Mode.

FULL DETAILS ON STEAM HERE