• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Fallout: New Vegas patch 'coming soon'

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
According to a post on the Fallout Facebook page a new patch is now in the hands of the platform holders for approval.
We've wrapped up work on the Fallout: New Vegas patch and submitted it, Will let you know when it's up on PS3, 360, and Steam.

Although it has been reported to be rather buggy i havent experienced any major ones and only had the odd crash and minor glitch here and there.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Yeah, you're one of the lucky ones. I've experienced an unpleasant number of bugs/glitches in New Vegas.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Done 3 endings so far with no major ones.

Yes, but weren't those endings done with the same character using a save towards the end of the game? :p

Epiternal

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Fallout is going need at least 50 ****ing patches before the game is at least playable, if I can't go one playthrough without encountering a game crushing glitch there's clearly something wrong. Now I don't blame the developers, Fallout is a huge game and some of the ones I encountered couldn't really be predicted or even done again if tried, but as a result I will never find Rex and Boone again. :(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yes, but weren't those endings done with the same character using a save towards the end of the game? :p

Yeah about 3/4 of way through so i could branch off to any of the other alliances in the game and witness that path. Before that there isnt that many game altering choices you can make so didnt see point in fully starting over just yet.

Are you kidding me? Fallout is going need at least 50 f****** patches before the game is at least playable, if I can't go one playthrough without encountering a game crushing glitch there's clearly something wrong. Now I don't blame the developers, Fallout is a huge game and some of the ones I encountered couldn't really be predicted or even done again if tried, but as a result I will never find Rex and Boone again. :(

Ive had both on my team with no real issues and havent encountered even one game crushing glitch. Also this is the 2nd patch they have released since the games release 2 months ago so id say they are working quickly to sort the issues and get patches released.

Azer249

Reaction score
Happy to here its going to probley fix some of the patches for the dead money dlc on the 21st. Already got 1000 looking for somemore to do even thougth im still playing now. Good find Andy. :) +like

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Yeah about 3/4 of way through so i could branch off to any of the other alliances in the game and witness that path. Before that there isnt that many game altering choices you can make so didnt see point in fully starting over just yet.

Right, my point being that if you had done multiple full playthroughs from start to finish, then you would have definitely come across many of the bugs that so many people have been complaining about, myself included (though I've yet to make a major deal over it). Especially if you go the completionist route. There's well over 200 recorded glitches in the game, with their appearances ranging from common to extremely rare. I've encountered over 50 so far, and there's still a good portion of sidequests and locations I've yet to discover. Some of the glitches I've come across would have literally broken my playthroughs making them no longer playable had I not been wise enough to make a backup save of the same character before doing various quests.

For example, I currently have a glitch that has broken Arcade Gannon on my non-Hardcore Good save, where Arcade will no longer hold conversations with me, making it also impossible for me to trigger the unique quest for him. All I can do is command him through the companion wheel and trade equipment.

Hopefully this patch will fix majority of the issues people have been having, since it was mentioned on the official forums that this patch is a comprehensive one (unlike the one previous).

Epiternal

Reaction score
Ive had both on my team with no real issues and havent encountered even one game crushing glitch. Also this is the 2nd patch they have released since the games release 2 months ago so id say they are working quickly to sort the issues and get patches released.

Like I said it's a huge game and I don't have an axe to grind with the developers because I imagine sorting out a game that big will pose some difficult. Anyway that was hardly a game crushing glitch I encountered anyway, it just means that I lost two of my best characters as well as the unique "All-American" weapon I gave to Boone...Bollocks.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Like I said it's a huge game and I don't have an axe to grind with the developers because I imagine sorting out a game that big will pose some difficult. Anyway that was hardly a game crushing glitch I encountered anyway, it just means that I lost two of my best characters as well as the unique "All-American" weapon I gave to Boone...Bollocks.

Hopefully most of the large glitches will be fixed in future patches before DLC.

Azer249

Reaction score

To find your companion again even if it has dissapierd go to vault 22 and use the elevator inside (50 repair needed i think) then they will appere right infront of you :)

Epiternal

Reaction score
To find your companion again even if it has dissapierd go to vault 22 and use the elevator inside (50 repair needed i think) then they will appere right infront of you :)

...Really? God I wish I'd known that sooner. Thanks a lot man. xP

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
Also this is the 2nd patch they have released since the games release 2 months ago so id say they are working quickly to sort the issues and get patches released.

I thought it was the third... Meh. It doesn't matter.

I have experienced a lot bugs, but I fixed most of them using the console and the GECK.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I thought it was the third... Meh. It doesn't matter.

I have experienced a lot bugs, but I fixed most of them using the console and the GECK.

Guess you could count the one they applied just after launch so could say 3 yeah.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
My copy just arrived this morning - Steve bought it as a surprise :wub: - so hopefully I won't get anywhere near as many issues as some people have been getting with this. I'll be sorry not to have seen the head-spinning thing though. That sounded pretty cool...

Azer249

Reaction score
My copy just arrived this morning - Steve bought it as a surprise :wub: - so hopefully I won't get anywhere near as many issues as some people have been getting with this. I'll be sorry not to have seen the head-spinning thing though. That sounded pretty cool...
Have fun! best be xbox... :p

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I had this one glitch, where I left the back door of Helios One and that Gibson Lady and her dogs along with some molerats spawned out the door with me, and they were aggressive. After a reload of my autosave they didn't appear. Weird.

DeadlyshotJ

The greatest
Reaction score
Has anyone one had the glitch where if you leave for a while ED-E and he goes back to Primm, when you go to get him he starts killing everyone in town including you!
I hope the patch fixes it so damn annoying lol

DeadlyshotJ

The greatest
Reaction score
I had this one glitch, where I left the back door of Helios One and that Gibson Lady and her dogs along with some molerats spawned out the door with me, and they were aggressive. After a reload of my autosave they didn't appear. Weird.
I experienced that glitch as well. Probably the weirdest glitch I have encountered so far lol