• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New guy looking for some modding guidance.

V

VarsityPuppet

New guy looking for some modding guidance.

Hey Fable community! I've had Fable (the lost chapters) for the xbox for a long time, and I was looking into modding for a bit more replayability.

I am aware that xbox modding is a bit more complicated, and I do know that it requires that I mod for PC and then convert, or something like that? I come from the Kotor Modding community, so I'm not a complete n00b to modding. but I've got to admit I'm a little lost.

I took a gander around at some tutorials on here and fabletlcmod.com, but I've kinda taken it in..... and then lost it immediately.

I would be very grateful if any of you could point me to some essential threads.

Thanks

Varsity

V

VarsityPuppet

Re: New guy looking for some modding guidance.

it seems I've got all of the essential tools.

I got Shadownet (I heard it has a few more capabilities).

XboxTool (though I've no idea how to make it work)

I haven't been able to find FableTool. I looked at FableTlcmod.com to find it, but no go.

Anyways, on top of that, I can't seem to get Shadownet/FableExplorer to load up any .bins

I assume this is because I need fable in the windows registry? Well how do I go about doing this if I have the xbox version?

The only thing I can think of is to get a fable registry and put the xbox files in the corresponding place? In which case, would it be possible for me to score a Fable reg entry from someone? I imagine such a thing would be best handled with PMs

OldBoy

Reaction score
Re: New guy looking for some modding guidance.

Did you get the xbox def.xml for Fable Explorer?