• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Item Pack v1

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: New Item Pack v1

Finally! Don't know what I did wrong the last few times, expect not using a profile with a different name. Now, I have two questions before I do anything else:

If I edit the GuildExterior you provided to exlude the chest, it won't spawn? I mean, there is nothing in the .fmp that makes it spawn...?

Also, what is the difference between the two .fmps? The nospawn just adds the items, whilst the other one adds the items AND trader/chest?

OldBoy

Reaction score

Tsuyu;134526 said:
Finally! Don't know what I did wrong the last few times, expect not using a profile with a different name. Now, I have two questions before I do anything else:

If I edit the GuildExterior you provided to exlude the chest, it won't spawn? I mean, there is nothing in the .fmp that makes it spawn...?

You can take the chest out, and it won't spawn, but:

Tsuyu;134526 said:
Also, what is the difference between the two .fmps? The nospawn just adds the items, whilst the other one adds the items AND trader/chest?

The no_spawn only adds the items to the gamefiles - the trader_spawn also changes the FinalAlbion.wad - if you havn't used the freeroamapp.

So basically, if you don't want the chest: use the no_spawn.fmp and delete the chest out of the GuildExterior.tng.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

But will that delete the Trader too? Because I really liked that, made it feel a lot more 'legit' having to buy the stuff rather than just picking them up in a chest.

OldBoy

Reaction score

Tsuyu;134532 said:
But will that delete the Trader too? Because I really liked that, made it feel a lot more 'legit' having to buy the stuff rather than just picking them up in a chest.

Use this, it has the trader, but no chest. :D

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Mucho gracias, my good man. :thumbsup:

OldBoy

Reaction score

Ok, small update on v2:

It's 95% finished, but Fable Explorer doesn't want to load the fmp...
I think because it's too large [8mb in a single fmp o_O ]. Doesn't matter if I make two fmp's of it, cause it will load only one, the second makes throws an error [both fmp's work on itself without errors]. :wacko:

So I'm hoping there's a solution for this problem or I'll have to cut in the amount of new items, which would be a shame... :(

DarkRage

Choose your fortune
Reaction score

thanks like it

M

Mifable

how do i get the mods in to the game? when i mod like obisidian katana, when im done i save mods and run fable but the net framework says it cant see the file or something..

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

don't worry about that, just click ok and wait for fable to start

J

Joey.nsz

Lovely mod.. but I prefer V2 now ;) handy that V1 is also included in V2

X

Xeon

Would be cool if the trader was guarded! 6 summoners, a rock troll and 10 minions that should do it. Maybe put him in a little shack so his guards don't rape him :p

Hmmm it could be located in BS slums 2

S

SirusKaramory

Heil, Heil, Heil to OldBoy (and the original modders) this is great! I really do not want to use the Albion Explorer as I fear repurcussions of doing something wrong, and only edit textures in FE, so this is a welcome addition.

D

DragonMaster91

^You mean Hail?
Also, don't be afraid. It is not hard. ;)
If you really like it, give him rep. ;)

OldBoy

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up guys!

S

SirusKaramory

DragonMaster91;267074 said:
^You mean Hail?
Also, don't be afraid. It is not hard. ;)
If you really like it, give him rep. ;)

Nope, I figure enough people know or could figure out what heil means, and I have always felt it has more umph to it than a standard English hail:lol:. Yeah, and with 10 gb of backups from different Mods, I shouldnt be too worried I guess. I gave him rep, just did not announce it, my bad.+rep

GMRauru

GOMLB
Reaction score

New to modding, how do I get the trader to appear? I dled the item pack but clueless after that.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

JohnDoe;269639 said:
Isn't the readme awesome?
++++++++++ HOW TO ++++++++++++

>>> For people who HAVE NOT used the FreeRoam App <<<

1. Get Fable Explorer (here:http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1344&start=0&)

2. Start Fable Explorer

3. Click 'File' and 'Load Fable Mod Package'

4. Select the 'MOD_PACK_V1_CHEST_SPAWN.fmp'

5. Click 'Actions' and 'Save Mods and run Fable'

6. Now wait till Fable starts - this may take a while

7. Now go to the LookoutPoint - just outside the Guild

8. There will be a trader... (and a chest with 2 items in it, can't spawn them via the trader - yet)

+++++++++++HOW TO+++++++++++++

>>> For people who HAVE used the FreeRoam App <<<

1. Drop the GuildExterior.tng in the 'Fable\Data\Levels\FinalAlbion\Levels' folder

2. Click 'Yes' when Windows asks to overwrite

3. Get Fable Explorer (here:http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1344&start=0&)

4. Start Fable Explorer

5. Click 'File' and 'Load Fable Mod Package'

6. Select the 'MOD_PACK_V1_NO_SPAWN.fmp'

7. Click 'Actions' and 'Save Mods and run Fable'

8. Now wait till Fable starts - this may take a while

9. Now go to the LookoutPoint - just outside the Guild

10. There will be a trader... (and a chest with 2 items in it, can't spawn them via the trader - yet)
FreeRoam instructions should they be needed:
Click here to get FreeRoam.

To use FreeRoam:
1. Download FreeRoam;
2. Extract FreeRoam (it'll be zip);
3. Open FreeRoam;
4. Click File|Open;
5. Select the wad file in the Fable directory\data\levels\;
6. Dump in the data folder (in the DATA folder, not levels);
7. Rename, move or delete the wad file (recommend renaming, it can be used as a backup should you obliterate your tngs).

Now, should you end up with a directory that looks like data\levels\levels\ then you screwed up step 6. Just take everything from the second levels folder and put it in the first.
If you got it right, congrats.

If you've read elsewhere to edit the userst.ini, don't worry about it. It's not needed, so it's not mentioned here (but you can do it anyway, it makes no difference).

I haven't used the .fmp yet, cause I dont actually have the game yet. I'm gathering some useful stuff so that when I get the game I can get cracking. So sorry if I sound like a noob, but when I downloaded the .fmp, 'MOD_PACK_V1_CHEST_SPAWN.fmp' wasn't included. I'll post a picture of the contents in a spoiler.
traderv1woes.jpg
Sorry if I'm missing somthing obvious, but the 'MOD_PACK_V1_CHEST_SPAWN.fmp' isn't there, so I thought I should ask.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Read the 'ReadMe'. It says the name is no spawn. Just about all questions are answered at this point, you just have to pay attention to the details.

6. Select the 'MOD_PACK_V1_NO_SPAWN.fmp '

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

^ I read it, but incase I find freeroam to be too complicated or whatever, where exactly does the 'MOD_PACK_V1_CHEST_SPAWN. fmp' come into it? Sorry if I'm being annoying, but why is it talked about if it isn't there?

EDIT: I had a look at the download page again. I think I downloaded the Trader.fmp version, but the Chest.fmp version doesn't seem to be there?

jwc2200

Reaction score

You are not being annoying, if you were I wouldn't answer, lol. Actually I am glad I saw your post, it made me try this mod and some of the stuff looks cool.
I do not see a chest fmp anywhere either. It seems that it is not needed though. I installed the 'no spawn' fmp and I get a trader and a chest just like it says I should.
Page 3 of this thread talks about what may be the change from chest to just trader. Bottom line is, it works, so when you get ready I'm sure you will be able to use the mod with or without using Free Roam. Use FR though, then delete all the stone walls and the fences and you can take shortcuts.