• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New to Modding Fable?

H

HodgePodge

Re: New to Modding Fable?

No, it's in the Data folder of the Fable directory.

S

soggy

is it possible 2 put all mods ona disk and make a xboox fable mod!!

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score

iam really confused. i cant seem to be able to add clothing into my directory. i want OBJECT_HERO_HAT_WIZARD...any ideas? and i followed the guide :(

OldBoy

Reaction score

m800_runner;115962 said:
iam really confused. i cant seem to be able to add clothing into my directory. i want OBJECT_HERO_HAT_WIZARD...any ideas? and i followed the guide :(

Did you follow 'Easy adding clothing and hair guide.'?

Because that guide works, but only for the first time the hero is 'spawned' in the game; right after you finished guild training.

It's easier to spawn the hat in a chest.

S

superairboy

OldBoy, which of these links if any apply to the X-Box version of the game? I have Fable: The Lost Chapters and wanted to know if I can do so tweaking here and there (just minor things) to it.

black.

There's Blood In The Water
Reaction score

Good FAQ +rep

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score

thanks OB, i'll try

OldBoy

Reaction score

superairboy;116435 said:
OldBoy, which of these links if any apply to the X-Box version of the game? I have Fable: The Lost Chapters and wanted to know if I can do so tweaking here and there (just minor things) to it.

Almost all of them. But the process is a bit different. I assume you've got a modded XBox? Cause you will have to convert some files (like the .biz to .big and back). But I'm afraid I can't tell you much about it, since I've never done it myself. I know Silver knows more about it.

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

once i get the pc version of fable i am going to mod the heck out of it thanks for the guide

S

Silver

OldBoy;116617 said:
Almost all of them. But the process is a bit different. I assume you've got a modded XBox? Cause you will have to convert some files (like the .biz to .big and back). But I'm afraid I can't tell you much about it, since I've never done it myself. I know Silver knows more about it.

Aye how do I explain this one... =]

The .bin files for PC vs. Xbox are different. Hunter (so very nice of him) allowed the option for platform detection and the ability to read the byte differences between the checksums or "Control Bytes" as they were termed. The PC has 4 byte checksums while the Xbox (Only TLC version, original Xbox:Fable is 4 byte as well :\) is 1 byte. That method worked until we fleshed out a lot of the file types and then we found that Lionhead changed the damn order and types of definition file. So a new xml was created for Xbox (it is very out of date, Leviathan-Ran claims to be working on a update. Load xml into Fable Explorer and play around with what you can.

.Biz <-> .Big Find Fable Tools and it will decompress .biz (Zlib compressed .big) to .big and vice versa. make sure you name the files correctly (extensions etc)
have a look here: Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Work In Progress => Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods There are various xbox mods and I required them to be tagged as such amongst the forums. The directions are there, I dropped most of my public xbox work because really I didn't have time to do both and now I don't have time for one :\

OldBoy

Reaction score

Thanks for the explanation and directions Silver.

S

superairboy

Some of that explanation was over my head. Referring to my earlier post, one of the minor things I wish to change is I want to add augmentations to the inventories of merchants in Bowerstone South. What files would I need to make this change?

Also, who is Hunter?

OldBoy

Reaction score

superairboy;117323 said:
Some of that explanation was over my head. Referring to my earlier post, one of the minor things I wish to change is I want to add augmentations to the inventories of merchants in Bowerstone South. What files would I need to make this change?

Game.bin and Names.bin I believe.

But, a note for what you want to do:
Once your character has met a merchant in the game, you can't change it's inventory anymore. You would have to start a new game for the changes to take effect. This is because the merchant's inventory is somehow stored in your savegames.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I noticed that with Treasure chests. Once you open them they can't be removed. :lol:

S

superairboy

How do I get these files off of my game disc so that I can change them?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

If you've installed fable on your computer, they're already there. :lol:

S

superairboy

I have the X-Box version of the game, as stated in an earlier post.

OldBoy

Reaction score

Sephiroxas;117351 said:
I noticed that with Treasure chests. Once you open them they can't be removed. :lol:

Yeah, but chests are in the FinalAlbion.wad, and the inventory of shops and traders are in the game.bin. And most of the stuff in the game.bin isn't stored in your save. If you change something in the game.bin, it changes in the game to - but not with this.

Sephiroxas;117359 said:
If you've installed fable on your computer, they're already there. :lol:

He's on xbox. (edit: you said it)

superairboy;117357 said:
How do I get these files off of my game disc so that I can change them?

I believe you've got to FTP them, but again, I'm not experienced in xbox stuff :unsure: