• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New to Modding Fable?

jwc2200

Reaction score
Re: New to Modding Fable?

HARDCORe;176535 said:
hmm, but if I downloaded a wepon could I just drag&drop into the correct folder???
PLZ IM STUCK :(

If you mean you downloaded an FMP(FableModPackage) weapon you need to have Fable Explorer to load the FMP. When modding I do not think anything involved is as simple as drag and drop.
You should read the first post in this thread and some of the stuff that is linked to, especially the Wiki link.
Good luck,
Jason

O

Ouija

If someone still has Fable Explorer can you please upload it again or email it to me? ([email protected]). The link isn't working for me, and i cant find it anywhere. Thanks.

jwc2200

Reaction score

I just tried the link and it worked fine. Do you have WinRAR? You need that to unzip the file that you should save to your computer.
Click on FableExplorer right under Modding Utilities in the first post of this thread, it will take you to Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene web site. That site may have a popup that says you must follow the site rules, click yes. the first post on that page has the file FableExplorer.zip. You need to save that to your computer, remember where you save it. You need WinRAR:

Free trial available here

WinRAR download and support. WinRAR is a powerful Windows tool to compress and decompress zip, rar and many other formats: Homepage

Unzip it to the same folder you put the zip file in.
Good luck,
Jason

O

Ouija

Cheers m8. Zone Alarm was blocking the site. It's working now.

T

The new guy

Hey guys, I'm new to moding fable. I've tried some of the mods posted on a different page but whenever i save mods and run fable, it stops working. WHAT DO I DO!....... Please help.

T

The new guy

I was thinking that it doesn't work because when I click save and run it comes up with a message saying that windows cannot find "splash.exe". Does that mean anything?

jwc2200

Reaction score

The new guy;204216 said:
I was thinking that it doesn't work because when I click save and run it comes up with a message saying that windows cannot find "splash.exe". Does that mean anything?
The "splash.exe" error is not a real error, just click ok and the game will load, that is not your problem.
The problem could be that the fmp you are using needs FreeRoam, or is corrupt in some way. I have had several fmp's not work also. I do mostly manual mods for that reason.
To be sure FableExplorer is working try a simple manual mod, like make a weapon's damage greater, do that and save and run. If that works then you know FE works. If not, then you know you need to fix that.
Now try an fmp, I know this one works:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=943&start=0&

Install it and the look around the 14000 range for the object id, then spawn it or add directly to inventory in weapon 1 slot.
If that works, then you know FE will do some fmp's.

Try that then post your results. If none of it works then maybe we can look deeper and find the problem.

Good luck,

Jason

T

The new guy

You must be annoyed with my bad computer skills but.......... how do i download the fmp on to Fable Explorer?

I am so bad at this!

jwc2200

Reaction score

Download the fmp to your computer, save it where you can find it later. Open FE, click File, Load fmp, wait a few minutes for FE to do its thing, then click Actions, Save Mods and Run Fable.

T

The new guy

I tried changing the damage of the iron longsword and ran fable, but when I chose load game a message popped up during the loading screen and stated "Fable has stopped working". I also tied the fmp and when I clicked save and run a message came up saying "Fable explorer is not responding."

My computer hates me.....:(

By the way, thanks for helping me out with this.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Delete all FableExplorer stuff and try again. That's all I can think to do.

T

The new guy

Is there anything I need to run fable explorer properly?
I've tried deleting fable explorer and all that stuff before I tried this website for help.

Also, the first time I downloaded fable explorer I added a few different weapons (Including Nostro's sword) and they worked fine but then I tried modding a spell (multi-arrow) and fable crashed from the on and nothing worked when I tried deleting and reinstalling fable explorer not even changing the damage and adding weapons.

HELP ME!!!!!!!......... please.

jwc2200

Reaction score

The first post in this thread tells you what you need to run FE. It looks like the only thing is netframework 2.0. Since you had it working before I have no idea why it will not work now.

T

The new guy

Well, I'll keep trying.
Thank you for your help anyway.

Devvnn Z Wizard

I Game, Therefore I am.
Reaction score

how do i change my charcters age limits?

OldBoy

Reaction score

Update.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Hello there,

I have decided to begin with some Fable modding, so I downloaded the FableExplorer BETA 4. Then, I've installed it, opened it, and guess what happens?
The little splash screen appears, with the character heads, and then I get a windows error, saying that FableExplorer doesn't respond anymore...

And yes, I do meet the requirements, and I do have the latest def.xml.

Any help would be appreciated.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

'Going on' as in 'Applications running'? None other than this FableExplorer.
My Fable is installed in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable TLC
And I have Windows Vista 32 bit.
I've also tried using PathEditor thingie right now, and it does get a bit futher, to the bit where the application appears, but without anything (no files, all blank), and the image is still there. It also doesn't respond to any action after opening it, as I have to close it via Task Manager right now...:(

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

You're awesome!
It worked. I've done the regedit bit, and that's what was the problem. +Rep to you. :lol:
I can now finally begin with some modding. Thanks a lot.

Kewl Munky

Reaction score

Albion explorer doesn't run for me. It says it is unable to locate Fable registry information.

EDIT: I figured out that it's searching for Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Fable\1.0 and my registry only goes to Microsoft for that list. How do I fix this, reinstall?