• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Voice Actors

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Asura

New Voice Actors

I know it's a much debated and argued topic.. And many have already seen through it.
..But how about some opinions.
Like the New voices or hate em'?..
Jack's voice pretty much lost everything that made him.. Well Jack.
They say the Demon Doors are different but I can't tell anything.. A pitch deeper maybe?
Briar's voice I can't really tell either.. It's hard to remember her from the original, considering that she wasn't that important.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: New Voice Actors

Hey Asura,

It's been a while since I played the original Fable (I'm currently playing through The Lost Chapters again) but I do remember thinking that the new voice actor behind Jack of Blade's character wasn't all that impressive when compared to the original. But since I've started playing through The Lost Chapters again, his voice has sort of... grown on me.

In fact I would probably have to replay through the original Fable just to get an idea of how some of the characters actually sounded!

By the way, welcome to Project Ego.net! :)

A

Asura

Thank you. It's good to be here.

Jack's new voice never grew on me. It sounded too corny and cliched.
To be truthful.. I tried to ignore it as much as a could. The soft, gentle yet menacing and insane vocals is what made Jack unique and not just another typical, demonic overkill villian.. As he appears now.

Sorry for the rants..

I wouldn't mind joining you in finding their old voices.. But my Original is in another state as of the current. :wacko:

I'll see if I can't dig up some sound clips on the web.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Well Briar and Demon Doors's voices sound exactly like they did in the original, but I agree that Jack's new voice isn't as great as it did. I believe what they should have done though is use both of the voices; when he is in his human state, they should have used the sinister voice; in his dragon form, they should have used the deeper, more demonic voice. Doing this would fit the right voices with the right physical features which would have made it more appropiate. Don't you think?

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Hey Seigfried, welcome to the Fable Community forums! :)

And that's a good idea, perhaps giving Jack of Blades a seperate voice for his human and dragon form may have worked out better.

K

Kato Si

I like a lot of the new voice actors, but Jack is 50-50 I liked his original voice. But I do think his new voice is more sinister. So I'm a little unsure about exactly what I think of the new voice actors.

S

souls4me

has anyone noticed that if you let wisper live and go see her on oakvale that her voice is slighty different that it was before the arena.

K

Kato Si

souls4me said:
has anyone noticed that if you let wisper live and go see her on oakvale that her voice is slighty different that it was before the arena.

I usually never lute her live, but I'll check it out anyway.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

What!? I thought you were good!?

K

Kato Si

Seigfried said:
What!? I thought you were good!?

Yes I'm good, but sometimes you just got to do things the easy way ok you happy...

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Besmercher of good! Your nothing but a hipocrit, I hope you get run over by a giant blue chicken.

K

Kato Si

Seigfried said:
Besmercher of good! Your nothing but a hipocrit, I hope you get run over by a giant blue chicken.

oh come now who are you to defend good, your neutral, and after all Wisper is annoying. Just becasue I preform one dark act dosn't make me evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I know, I just figured you'd go into that rant right now. I was once good too, but these people on the forums have slightly tainted me into becoming less good.

K

Kato Si

Seigfried said:
I know, I just figured you'd go into that rant right now. I was once good too, but these people on the forums have slightly tainted me into becoming less good.

yes it is hard to stay good when most are evil. But I will forever be good and when your ready you will make your choice between the light and the dark, between good and evil. Or you can stay neutral.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Too many decisions. I'm just gonna get drunk or something of the sort.

K

Kato Si

Seigfried said:
Too many decisions. I'm just gonna get drunk or something of the sort.

make sure you drink lots of water afterwards.

K

Kato Si

so you don't dehidrate 9don't know how to spell that word sorry)

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

aparently you don't know how to spell "I" either, heres a hint: It's not spelled with a 9.

K

Kato Si

Seigfried said:
aparently you don't know how to spell "I" either, heres a hint: It's not spelled with a 9.

Ok Mr. Spell check I messed up once.

Status
Not open for further replies.