• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Newbie has questions ........

Donald007

Reaction score
1) Does the exploring world gets bigger ?
I feel like I'm always on a chain, like a dog
Not much freedom in Fable 3 <=> Gothic series
(but at least more than in the first Fable game, i've tried)
Save games are better also, than in the first game. FINNALLY !!!!!!!!!!

2) Possibility to buy a house ????
Is it possible to store items in a permanent chest ???

3) Trying to get the "FRIENDS-Quests complete 20/20", is it really needed ?
Will those people follow me easier in the war, against my so called brother ??
Who has killed my girl. What does happen, if I let her live ??
Will the outcome of the game be different ?

4) Stealing / robbing people !!!!
Can I do it and still be a good guy ?????
So that they never know, who's done it
(I love to steal/rob in games)

Donald, thank you for info ;)

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
1) Does the exploring world gets bigger ?
I feel like I'm always on a chain, like a dog
Not much freedom in Fable 3 <=> Gothic series
(but at least more than in the first Fable game, i've tried)
Save games are better also, than in the first game. FINNALLY !!!!!!!!!!

2) Possibility to buy a house ????
Is it possible to store items in a permanent chest ???

3) Trying to get the "FRIENDS-Quests complete 20/20", is it really needed ?
Will those people follow me easier in the war, against my so called brother ??
Who has killed my girl. What does happen, if I let her live ??
Will the outcome of the game be different ?

4) Stealing / robbing people !!!!
Can I do it and still be a good guy ?????
So that they never know, who's done it
(I love to steal/rob in games)

Donald, thank you for info ;)
First off, hi and welcome to the boards :D

Ok, so let's take a look:

1) The world is pretty much as you see it - there's not much to explore beyond the areas you are taken to and despite Peter Molyneux saying all that stuff prior to the game launching about how "if you see that mountain and think - yeah, I want to go there - and you can!" sadly it never happened for Fable 3.

2) You can buy every property - retail and residential - that has a little for sale sign outside it. You can use the Sanctuary to purchase houses, check the rent and the repair status. Or you can visit the house yourself and redecorate with limited resources. Still kind of fun though :) As for a permanent chest...I don't believe you can, no. The Sanctuary stores a lot of your stuff to view like weapons, clothes and dyes etc. With unlimited carrying capabilities, you don't have to worry about being weighed down by items.

3) I've not got that achievement - I believe for some weapons it's a requirement to level it up but my weapons of choice don't need that particular one as I'm pure evil and have no friends :lol:. The war effort is kind of...yeah. A lot of people have complained about the lack of features concerning this part of the game - I, and many others, have found that regardless of what you do, the people tend to be either really happy to see you or they hate your guts. Consider them as impossible to please and just do what you want.

Your girlfriend either dies by order of Logan (carried off and you never see her again) or she lives and you can meet up with her later on and marry her if you want. The outcome of the game is different depending on your choices in terms of the promises you choose to keep or break as King/Queen of Albion. If you want to make the right choices for your character, whatever they may be, it's worth googling some guides to help you decide correctly.

4) It's hard to be good and do bad things ;) You can't steal the way you could in the first game but you can still take items from shops if you want. If you never get caught, I don't think they realise it's you but I think it might still affect you as a character in terms of whether you are good or bad - but I'm not sure about that so I could be wrong there.

Donald007

Reaction score
Thank you very much Angel, for this great info :cool:

I've restarted the game and I think, I'm away now with it.
(I recieve many gifts, doing the right things so far, getting stronger, ...)
I only don't make a date with other guys hahaha :lol:

This game is fun to play, specially with the "Chicken" quest and so.
The action is also a LOT better now !!
So far, I like Fable 3 :thumbsup:

Edit: forgot to mention that it seems more relaxed to play, than the first Fable.
I wasn't away with the fighting tactics (Fable 1) and have quickly received quests
with a time-counter or a race. I'm happy to see that less in Fable 3 :thumbsup:

When I later have finished this game, I'm going to replay it, but then as a bad guy ;)

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Thank you very much Angel, for this great info :cool:

This game is fun to play, specially with the "Chicken" quest and so.
The action is also a LOT better now !!
So far, I like Fable 3 :thumbsup:

Edit: forgot to mention that it seems more relaxed to play, than the first Fable.
I wasn't away with the fighting tactics (Fable 1) and have quickly received quests
with a time-counter or a race. I'm happy to see that less in Fable 3 :thumbsup:

When I later have finished this game, I'm going to replay it, but then as a bad guy ;)

Well, the Fable franchise was never the serious sort of RPGs. Most people don't like the game because it was too easy and laidback. You shouldn't compare a game like Fable to hardcore RPGs like The Witcher series, or The Elder Scrolls series, where you spend a lot of time just looking at the stats of the weapons in your inventory and pausing before every big battle to plan your move.

I, too, quite liked Fable 3, even though is was quite too short for my taste.