• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nintendo's Wii sells quickly in debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Nintendo's Wii sells quickly in debut

The Wii, went on sale Sunday, and quickly sold out in many stores despite stocks that far surpassed those of the rival PlayStation 3, which went on sale two days earlier. The launch apparently went smoothly, a contrast to the PlayStation 3 release, which forced police to disperse rowdy crowds at some stores around the country.

Sony had about 400,000 PlayStation 3's in North American stores on Friday. Nintendo has said it would have `five to ten' times as many Wiis available at launch, and will have shipped 4 million units by the end of the year.

The Wii costs $250 with one game, half of what the cheaper PlayStation 3 model costs. The most common PlayStation 3 model costs $600 with no game included.

On eBay, Wiis were selling for twice the store price, indicating that supplies are still restricted. PlayStation 3's were selling for around $1500, already down about $1000 from Friday.

F

flamingsquirrel

Re: Nintendo's Wii sells quickly in debut

Yup, I got one, I was going to go to a Walmart midnight release, but they were full, so I camped out 4 hours before Toys R Us open, and was 6th in line for their 11 systems. There was around 50 pepole in line though.

It still hasn't really sunken in that I actualy have it yet. I remember when I first saw the E3 vid, and was all like "HOLY CRAP!!! THATS AWSOME!!! too bad I'll never get one..." and now it's sitting in my room, with Zelda:TP in it.

Wii sports is AWSOME. I had doubts about the Wii, wondering if it would really work out, then I played my first game of tennis, and I was hooked, it was awsome. just awsome. The controlls work great, I don't even care about the graphics, the gameplay is just TOO FUN!I did have some pointer problems though, if you point your Wii-mote strait at the screen, your pointer would be 3 or 4 inches below were you pointing. But I quickly figured out that if you don't fully extend your arm out, and point it right at the screen, but instead, keep your arm around waist levle, it works perfecty. Wii sports will recognize anything from huge sweeping motoins, to little motoins in your wrist, to in the middle. All the controlls on all the games work great, exept Boxing, which has a little trouble recognizing your movments, but aftre you figure out what it wants, your fine. not to say all the sports are perfect, baseball is either too easy (pitching) or too hard (batting) golf works well, but is rather boring, plus like I said, boxing takes some time to get the hang of, but after that, you can make a Mii of micheal jackson and beat him/her up!

Everyone in line was very freindly, and we tarded emails, so we could get eachothers Wii code (Like a freind code, but only one for every system, not a differnt one for each game) and we're having a tournament in december. Once I got home, I played Wii sports for aroud 4 hours with the 2 freinds that camped with me, sfter they left, I poped in Zelda:TP, but I was so tired from being up all night, and drinking seval vaults, and camping etc, I couldent conentrate on it more than like 5 min. But now I played a little more, it's frgin awsome.

S

Seishi

aaaaaaa....I hate you so much right now, Im dying to get my hands on one,......but I dont have any money....still, enjoy it for me!

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

After reading this I wish they'd merge them all into a Playbox Wii , so that I could play all the cool PS3, 360 AND Wii games... Now I dont know which one of them to get! Gawd.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Anyone have the trouble of Nintendo not supplying them with startup disc? Ive been hearing problems that you need a boot disc before you can use it and many people have complained that theirs came without one and that their consoles were the demo consoles.

F

flamingsquirrel

It dosn't need a startup disk, NONE of them came wit it. I'm guessing that at the factory, Nintendo loads a startup disk on them, and some of the consles were overlooked, and didn't get loaded. But Nintendo sends you a new consle if that happens, so I woulden't worry about it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

flamingsquirrel;31646 said:
It dosn't need a startup disk, NONE of them came wit it. I'm guessing that at the factory, Nintendo loads a startup disk on them, and some of the consles were overlooked, and didn't get loaded. But Nintendo sends you a new consle if that happens, so I woulden't worry about it.

Must have been a media rumour then :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.