• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

one button combat

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darco

one button combat

do you think that the one button combat will be cool or crap when i read this i was scared ;)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: one button combat

They didnt say that system was for Fable 2 as its using a more complex system that Fable but Peter Molyneux was reffering to some ideas they have for more games with a system thats one button and situational.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

I kinda like the 1 button combat........

D

darthlime101

Like a continous stream of combos? Example: a fight breaks out somewhere and you join in. You press X to attack, then (sorry I don't know the Xbox buttons) another button to duck at a specific time or kick or throw. That would be sweet. But then theres not much of a challenge. Maybe I have it wrong.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

darthlime101;25980 said:
Like a continous stream of combos? Example: a fight breaks out somewhere and you join in. You press X to attack, then (sorry I don't know the Xbox buttons) another button to duck at a specific time or kick or throw. That would be sweet. But then theres not much of a challenge. Maybe I have it wrong.

Like situational, Press X infront of person they do one thing, Push X behind person it does another, Press X while jumping it does another attack, Push X near wall and you push them into it etc etc.

D

darkoverlord

The improved combat system will mean that the way the hero swings his sword changes according to proximity of walls, allies, and enemies.
* I found it will surfing the web thought this time, as good as any *

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

darkoverlord;26468 said:
The improved combat system will mean that the way the hero swings his sword changes according to proximity of walls, allies, and enemies.
* I found it will surfing the web thought this time, as good as any *

Thats always good, good physics make a good game!

D

darkoverlord

* I hear the more gliches they get out, the better (i dont want gliches with physics ) like in halo when they die pieces of there body falls through the ground, or for example they swing a sword to close to a wall and the sword gets stuck in the wall and the game freeze's*:'(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

darkoverlord;26471 said:
* I hear the more gliches they get out, the better (i dont want gliches with physics ) like in halo when they die pieces of there body falls through the ground, or for example they swing a sword to close to a wall and the sword gets stuck in the wall and the game freeze's*:'(

They need some sort of rag doll physics, make deaths look awesome and no clipping through walls etc that way.

R

rocky

i think this is great, having to watch the surroundings before you engage in a battle will probably make the game a bit more difficult(which is needed), as you might get your sword stuck into a wall or whatever. plus the fights will be alot more interesting to watch instead of just wanting the enemy to die already

D

darthlime101

Dark Drakan;26472 said:
They need some sort of rag doll physics, make deaths look awesome and no clipping through walls etc that way.
THAT WOULD MAKE THE GAME AWESOME!!!!! I LOVE RAG-DOLL PHYSICS!!! SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY WITH!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!o_O

Sorry. I like ragdoll physics. Physics in videogames makes them GOLD in my opinion. (I chose gold since its so expensive these days:D)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

darthlime101;26529 said:
THAT WOULD MAKE THE GAME AWESOME!!!!! I LOVE RAG-DOLL PHYSICS!!! SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY WITH!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!o_O

Sorry. I like ragdoll physics. Physics in videogames makes them GOLD in my opinion. (I chose gold since its so expensive these days:D)

I agree 100%, thats what makes great games these days!

D

darkoverlord

Dark Drakan;26583 said:
I agree 100%, thats what makes great games these days!
* Trust me i agree 100% aswell but it will take more than just ragdoll phisycs to make this game *-( look at rainbow six 3 the first one on the xbox it had ragdoll phisycs, & thats all it had ):noexpression:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

darkoverlord;26591 said:
* Trust me i agree 100% aswell but it will take more than just ragdoll phisycs to make this game *-( look at rainbow six 3 the first one on the xbox it had ragdoll phisycs, & thats all it had ):noexpression:

Yeah but then look at games like Half Life 2, Far Cry, Oblivion and Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic (coming soon). Rag Dolls are awesome and really well done in them plus they are 4 of best games ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.