• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Outlaw Drinking Limit? Or Remove It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
So uh, if I OUTLAW the Drinking Limit.. is this a Good or Bad deed? Cause to do so, you press X.

Or you can keep it the same.

Or Remove it completely. Removing it uses the A Button, and also removes Gold from the Treasury. So like...

I want to choose all GOOD choices. What do I pick?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
They made it really obvious. It's just like every other good/evil choice in the game. The image of the A button is surrounded by a sparkling white aura, and the X button is surrounded by a red aura. Just stop and think about it for a second.

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
Oh well to late. I read doing the good choice made people vomit everywhere... so I outlawed it.

Alcohol is nasty as hell anyway,

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
They made it really obvious. It's just like every other good/evil choice in the game. The image of the A button is surrounded by a sparkling white aura, and the X button is surrounded by a red aura. Just stop and think about it for a second.
I'm pretty sure whichever button isn't on fire is the good choice.

Well I obviously noticed this guys, I am not that dumb. However I figured something was amiss... I do not understand how removing the drinking limit is a GOOD CHOICE. Should it not be the other way around?

I was sure this was a kind of error, so I asked.

Reaction score
I suppose it's a good choice, because that way, people can't become drunk, and spend all of their money.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
You mean underage drinking is a good thing? I was so ahead of my time.

FiliusMartis

Reaction score
It's good to remove the drinking limit in that it supports freedom; on the other hand, the only reason you're given to ban alcohol is for the money the wealthy citizens are offering you. Taking something away like that could also be seen as tyrannical. I always take the neutral position and leave the alcohol policies alone. Then nobody hates you, and nobody's puking all over your streets.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
^^^
This.

I always listen to everything before I make my decision and I recall Walter saying that outlawing alcohol infringes on the rights and freedoms of the people being allowed to drink. Kinda reminds me of those anti-smoking factions here trying to outlaw smoking completely everywhere which does indeed restrict the natural freedom to do so.

I took the neutral position too. There's still limits on buying alcohol, but at least you're allowed to drink a certain quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.