1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outward (Fantasy RPG)

Discussion in 'Greatwood Park' started by Dark Drakan, Feb 2, 2019.

Register or log in to browse without ads.

1. Dark Drakan

Dark Drakan Administrator Staff Member Guildmaster Legendary Hero

Trophies:
    [​IMG]

I came across this the other day after reading articles by PC Gamer (Fantasy RPG Outward is the survival game I've been looking for) & IGN and thought it looked interesting with slight Fable vibe so thought I would share. It is being developed by Nine Dots (studio of only 10 people) and published by Deep Silver and is an open-world RPG where the cold of the night or an infected wound can be as dangerous as a predator lurking in the dark. Explore the vast world of Aurai, embark on memorable adventures alone or with your friends.

Game Info

Outward delivers an immersive RPG experience coupled with survival gameplay, offering a deeply-rewarding challenge for the most avid gamers.

As an ordinary adventurer, you’ll not only have to hide or defend yourself against threatening creatures, but also brave the hazardous environmental conditions, protect yourself against infectious diseases, make sure you get enough sleep, and stay hydrated. Embark on perilous expeditions across untamed lands to reach new cities, undertake varied missions and discover hidden dungeons crawling with formidable enemies.

In order to survive in the dazzling yet deadly world of Aurai, you’ll have to be cunning, clever and prepared. Devise diverse strategies to defeat your foes and don’t neglect your basic needs, sharing your journey with a friend, locally or online.

• Survive in the wilds as you explore the land
    • Play solo or cooperatively, split screen locally or online
    • Ritualistic, step-by-step approach to spellcasting
    • Constant auto-saving means you must live with your decisions
    • Encounter dynamic defeat scenarios
    • A unique experience with every playthrough
    GAME WILL LAUNCH ON MARCH 26TH
    (Available on PC, XB1 & PS4)

queenofdisco and VinDiesel like this.
  2. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    Dev Diary #3 Combat

DEV DIARY #3 FOCUSES ON THE IMPORTANCE OF DEVISING A STRONG BATTLE PLAN IN OUTWARD!

Debilitating traps, vicious poison and fierce magic should all be core elements of your fighting strategy, but you won't be able to do that from the get go.

You will need to travel far and wide to unlock skills and magic that will help you in your quest. Once you have that, keep in mind you still need to be careful, analyze your enemy's weaknesses and plan your steps accordingly. Having a plan B also doesn't hurt.

OUTWARD will be available on PS4, Xbox One and Steam on March 26, 2019​

Gikoku, queenofdisco and VinDiesel like this.
  3. queenofdisco

queenofdisco Ludna Legendary Hero

Trophies:
    Scott and I were interested in this game but we were put off by a few things. Small issues mainly but with the co-op being a main selling point for us we were disappointed to learn that the co-op isn’t story situated. Meaning that when you play in another person’s game the story doesn’t include you. That’s an aspect of the game that reminds me of Fable that I’m not so keen on.

Despite it not being too over-priced we’re not willing to spend any money on something unless we really want it.

4. Register or log in to browse without ads.

5. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    Unfortunately unless you are big AAA studio that’s normally due to budget reasons and why a lot of co-op games go that route. As this was only made by 10 people I would imagine that’s main reason. Most co-op games I’ve played have either ignored one player or acted like each player IS the main player so they are clones of the same character (Halo etc).

queenofdisco likes this.
  6. queenofdisco

Trophies:
    Sorry, I don’t want to seem like a snob or anything. I think what they’ve accomplished on such a small team of developers is pretty incredible.

The Divinity games treat each player as an individual. It’s pretty fun playing with Scott when I have to stop him being a bastard all the time. I don’t expect every game to be like this of course. Especially not an indie title. I just don’t like spending money on anything right now unless I really want it. And I just don’t want this game enough. It’s not a bad game by any means it’s just not worth the £30 for me atm.

Gikoku likes this.
  7. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    Im the same to be honest, im pretty selective with the games I buy. I mean I recently decided to opt for The Division 2 as I needed a good co-op game as Steve & I have been trying to play more together again lately. The ones I was originally interested in ended up reviewing poorly on release (though Outward is mostly positive at min).

I even went for the physical version of The Division 2 on PC which I havent done since Starcraft 2 simply because I could get it for £18.99 with my Amazon vouchers. If I can save cash in sales or skip games that have mediocre reviews or require more content or stability patches in the end I will.

Main reason Ive been playing DayZ (got it for free in competition) and Warframe (free to play) until The Division 2 arrives.

queenofdisco likes this.
  8. queenofdisco

Trophies:
    Kids man. They be stealing all our monies. My fault really. I spend way too much money on her.

Scott and I keep meaning to play some Diablo III together on Xbox but finding the time is a bit of a hassle.

Dark Drakan likes this.
  9. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    Time is the hardest thing to find and you have to navigate time zone difference AND a child. Steve and I try and synchronise both sets of kids bedtimes the best we can and cross our fingers for a couple of hours free when we can. I dont tend to play on any games when my wife is in the house either as we dont get much alone time together between work and kids so I have to wait for a night when she is going out too.

Gikoku and queenofdisco like this.