• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Phone Halp Needed

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
On my phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace) I was listening to music with earphones and the left one suddenly cut out. I put this down to faulty wires or something and decided a few days later to get some new ones.

To my surprise, however, they also had no sound coming from the left earpiece. I really didn't know what was going on then so I tried several friends earphones and they have the exact same issue, but are fine in any other device.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
The jack may be damaged, there may be a short or burn inside the device. Something you might want to try for giggles is wrap the earphone plug with some copper wire strands, press them tightly to the plug (last thing you want to do is lose them inside your phone) and wiggle it around some inside the device to see if it can be made to work for even a moment. If not, it's internal. If yes, then it's the jack itself. No copper wire? Find a device you don't like, an old set of earphones that really don't work, or a pair of speakers that no one will miss. Slice up that wire and you're good to go.

Note that this is not a solution, this only helps identify the problem. To actually fix it, well, hell if I know.