• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Pirate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluff E

Reaction score
Pirate

I would like to look like a pirate in this game it would be awesome whos with me.

Cain

Reaction score
Re: Pirate

Dosen't go with the era fable III is set in.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

^but ther will be pirate ships in fable 3. you never kno

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

So? XD
And why wouldn't it? Sure, pirates as we know'em (that they used to be) wouldn't fit. But these could be different pirates. Steam powered boats, due to the industrial revolution. Pirates you used to know, but with the stuff from that era. It could totally work.
It could, though, I don't see it happening.

Karmasb!ch

Antidisestablishmentarian
Reaction score

pirate clothes seem to be the clothes of choice in fable 3 cuz every picture ive seen has had some pirate guy on it which is kinda weird

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

I was able to look like a pirate in fable 2 with my noble gents dyed black. The i added an eyepatch, and since I wanted to be like buggy the clown from one piece I wore a psycho jester make up. And I finished that up with a wretchers blade and a master flintlock pistol. My lil brother believed fable 2 was a pirate game. hes only 5 though... almost 6...

Fluff E

Reaction score

what did they even whare in the industrial era

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

^lol gear chains around their necks and some torn pants

Fluff E

Reaction score

no not pirates people in the industrial era

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

yes. thats wat i was answering. theres factories in an industrial era making their clothes rip

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

We still have pirates today people. Its not a lifestyle like it used to be and there really isnt that many of them but they are out there and lately they have been screwing up (like accidently attacking a battle ship) further thining their numbers. So its plausable.

Ink

The Last Emperor
Reaction score

Fenrir;378829 said:
We still have pirates today people. Its not a lifestyle like it used to be and there really isnt that many of them but they are out there and lately they have been screwing up (like accidently attacking a battle ship) further thining their numbers. So its plausable.

Thats what I was thinking. Pirates don't only come in "17th century-esque/Pirates of the Caribbean" flavour.

There are pirates today. Just instead of pantaloons and cutlasses, they have camo trousers and M60's.:D

Oh, and on topic. I love the idea of industrial age pirates.

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

I would like to be a pirate but hay being a viking would be so much cooler going about burning villages to the ground decapitating townsfolk with a badass battle axe, plundering ships with a really big cannon isn't my thing but I do like the sound of being called a pirate though

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Dr KillJoy;378909 said:
I would like to be a pirate but hay being a viking would be so much cooler going about burning villages to the ground decapitating townsfolk with a badass battle axe, plundering ships with a really big cannon isn't my thing but I do like the sound of being called a pirate though
VIKINGS ARE EPIC! :D

The Midnight Avenger

He Who Wears White Addidas
Reaction score

White Knight;378502 said:
Dosen't go with the era fable III is set in.

I think what you mean to say is that it doesn't fit the story, because in actuality the industrial revolution began as the golden age of classic piracy was indeed dying, but it wasn't the end. While piracy in the Caribbean was becoming more and more difficult due to the advancements of military, technology, and law enforcement, classical piracy continued in North and South America - as well as other 3rd world countries at the time - well into the 19th century to about the 1870's when the last of classical piracy in Mexico was put to a screeching halt. In fact, Captain Jean Baptista Lafitte was one of the last European classical buccaneer pirates who terrorized the gulf coast of Mexico, had bases ranging from Texas to possibly Florida, and even waged all out naval war with the U.S. Navy before he disappeared after attack from Spanish warships in 1823.

All things considered, the current "supposed" industrial revolution era would theoretically be correct for classical piracy, though I'm unsure if it would fit the story, your hero being a king and all.

Besides, classical or not, piracy continues to this day in every part of the world.

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

I don't see why there can't be. Let's not forget- the Fable world is inspired by real world settings and history, but it's still a fictional place. It's not like it has to abide by any laws but its own.

Overan

Reaction score

The Fable III hero lands in Aurora after a shipreck, the ship may have wrecked due to a pirate attack.

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

^ Hm, that made me think, in the E3 trailer they show at least one ship squaring off with one of Reaver's ships. Perhaps that's how the shipwreck happened. It's possible he's your ally and somehow you've come into possession of his vessel....Or you stole it.... >:D and get attacked.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

My guess would be bad weather. Why would pirates make your ship crash into (whatever it crashes into)?

Status
Not open for further replies.