• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Poll]:: Pride and You

Which?

• Total voters

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
How? People who make uninformed votes are putting crappy politicians in power and allowing them to do what they want because the public doesn't care. If we actually showed them that they can't push us around, then they would actually govern for the good of the people.

I'm a little late on the draw, but by being "carefree" I meant not voting at all. The quote from you kinda looks like not voting at all. If people are content to let the system **** them over, wouldn't that be not voting?

So, because I think I'm all over the place with the explanation, I'm basically saying your first response doesn't correlate with the post I quoted in my first post.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
If we show the politicians that we don't give a **** what they do, then they'll be able to do whatever they want. That ruins the freedoms of the minority who actually care about what happens.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
That just makes the majority a bunch of dicks, not idiots. I honestly don't care who is in power, as long as it doesn't affect me personally, I couldn't give a ****.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
So you justify it by saying that because it doesn't affect you, then it's ok? You're the dick if you think that.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah... That is kind of what I was getting at. Why should I care about something if it doesn't affect me or ones close to me? Sure, it makes me a dick in a collectivist's point of view, but who cares? Certainly not me.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
You know admitting to being a selfish **** doesn't make it ok, right?

Izzy Stizzlebonk

ฉันรักคุกกี้.
Reaction score
Interesting. This is one of those threads I clicked Reply right away, thinking, "I got this," but then I re-think about the initial response I wanted to post, and then go, "Wait... that's not right," so I end up sitting at the keyboard for a few minutes searching for the real response I want to type out. And end up being stumped for a while.

Anyway, here we go.

I know I'm proud of the way I am. Like, I'm proud that I turned out to be a compassionate, nice, goofy guy. So I suppose I should've voted Humanity.

But then again, I'm proud that at some point in my life, I realized if I wanted to be the best person I can be, I couldn't just simply rely on intelligence. So, Instead of dedicating all of my efforts to nurture whatever book smarts I had, I put some time to increase my physical strength and a little bit to improve my social skills. So now, instead of being a chubby, frail, introverted person, I'm not as, but still chubby, a little bit stronger, and I'm comfortable socializing around peeps. Combine all that with me also being a compassionate, nice, goofy guy, and I'm pretty darn proud.

Not sure how you categorize that, but I guess you can say I'm proud of my... hmm... Balance, I guess? Hope that all made sense!

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
I just noticed that this poll was also affected by the apocalypse.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Not to mention the most amusing thing is that sexuality is now 2nd most voted for, haha.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I know, tell me about it. How did Ethnicity become the first?...ugh, how did this happen?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
You know admitting to being a selfish **** doesn't make it ok, right?

So what if I'm selfish? The whole point is that not caring isn't the point. Sure, I'm a selfish asshole, but that doesn't make me an idiot. I know the repercussions, and I know what I'm doing isn't exactly nice. I know all of these, and it doesn't make me an idiot.

The argument wasn't about morality, it was about idiocy.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I never said you were an idiot, Skote. But the fact that you couldn't care less what happens to other people is a massive flaw that has meant I lose a lot of respect for you.

OWAIT YOU DON'T CARE.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
You do hold the power. Everyone holds the power. People are just mindlessly cynical and are just content to let the system f*** over everyone. People who do that are idiots, and I'm sorry to put you in that category, but it's the most idiotic mindset I can think of.

I am content with that, and thus you put me in that category of idiots.

And please explain like selfishness is a flaw. Seems pretty natural among a lot of people. Maybe caring about society too much is a flaw? Ah, but of course, a different view on politics and society makes people idiots! I forgot.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I am content with that, and thus you put me in that category of idiots.

Then you are an idiot, because you don't don't understand the concept of enlightened self-interest.

And please explain like selfishness is a flaw. Seems pretty natural among a lot of people. Maybe caring about society too much is a flaw? Ah, but of course, a different view on politics and society makes people idiots! I forgot.

It's a flaw, because you're putting the rest of us at a disadvantage.

Maybe people who are serial killing sociopaths just have a different view on society and politics? After all, it's just natural for them to be that way.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I can see this getting a little more heated or dying down. What do you think?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
How the hell would serial killing have any direct association with society and politics?

It is only a flaw in your point of view. Honestly, how much of your life would be affected by me being selfish? Come on, don't be stupid. It isn't a flaw, only a difference of opinion. Stop being a fool.

Then you are an idiot, because you don't don't understand the concept of enlightened self-interest.

So basically, that is saying I'm an idiot for not thinking collectively?

For some reason I'm starting to get the vibe that you think difference of opinion=stupidity.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
How the hell would serial killing have any direct association with society and politics?

I'm just saying it's a difference of opinion. Stop hatin on the serial killers.

It is only a flaw in your point of view. Honestly, how much of your life would be affected by me being selfish? Come on, don't be stupid. It isn't a flaw, only a difference of opinion. Stop being a fool.

No one's life would be directly influenced except yours. However, it's more that attitude which is the problem. Many, many people seem to think it's ok to just be selfish and lazy and not care about anything, and the fact that so many people do is such a debilitating aspect of society. It allows those in power to just go and do whatever they want, because they think the public just doesn't care.

So basically, that is saying I'm an idiot for not thinking collectively?

I'm saying your an idiot for being so inconsiderate as to just essentially say, "Only my life matters, everyone else's is worthless."

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
No one's life would be directly influenced except yours. However, it's more that attitude which is the problem. Many, many people seem to think it's ok to just be selfish and lazy and not care about anything, and the fact that so many people do is such a debilitating aspect of society. It allows those in power to just go and do whatever they want, because they think the public just doesn't care.
I'm not claiming that you're not claiming to be cynical, but this seems to be quite negative to me. :/
I also don't see how this is true...but, eh, what do I know?