• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible plot point for fable 4.

Amon

Reaction score
I've been thinking about the potential that the crawler and his army actually had for Fable 4.
I'm certainly not a professional writer, and this is just an idea that certainly won't even be heard.
This would take place in an alternate universe, where the hero didn't successfully kill the crawler, but instead was killed himself. It is a mere 2 years since that happened. The population of Albion has dwindles to a mere 5,000. They resist where they can, but one by one they're dying. There's only two heroes that is known left. Theresa and Reaver. Using the last of the power of the spire, and of the mages that are left in the world, they accomplish one last feat. They turn an ordinary person into a hero, and send him into the past to prevent this event. That's pretty much where my thoughts end, but maybe they send the kid back to the hero of oakvales time? Something like that?

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
It's good to see people brainstorming.

The problems with that idea are (in my opinion):
1. The canon would be compromised.
2. Heroes are genetic in the Fable series. I doubt it would make much sense within the current continuity to allow a Hero to be created from a normal person. (By 'created', I mean imbued with the inner powers of Strength, Skill, and Will.)

I think Lionhead wants to move away from the 'born that way' philosophy and more towards letting a normal person (not of the Bloodline) perform great deeds and attain Hero status that way. This seemed to be one of the central themes of Fable: The Journey.

To me, Lionhead's best bet would be to make a prequel to Fable: The Lost Chapters. They already have enough lore to fill at least one game, the only problem being that the player would be forced to play as William Black.

Amon

Reaction score
1. That's one of the main problems with this. Though this could take place long after the events of fable 3, where the darkness once again looms over albion. if I remember correctly you don't completely kill the crawler. Also, I agree with the second one. The spire though, as you remember, can grant a limitless wish. And if Theresa was unable to make a hero, she could literally make a hero. I think she also did something like that at one point, did she not?

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
1. That's one of the main problems with this. Though this could take place long after the events of fable 3, where the darkness once again looms over albion. if I remember correctly you don't completely kill the crawler. Also, I agree with the second one. The spire though, as you remember, can grant a limitless wish. And if Theresa was unable to make a hero, she could literally make a hero. I think she also did something like that at one point, did she not?

The Crawler was defeated in Fable III.

In The Journey, there is a new entity called 'The Corruption'. The Corruption came through a rift between Albion and the Void (the same place the Blades Court came from). In order to save the world, Theresa and Gabriel (protagonist of Fable III) travel to the Spire, and Theresa makes a wish. The wish kills both Theresa and The Corruptor and destroys the Tattered Spire.

After all is said and done, Gabriel takes Theresa's place as the protector of Albion. He is not a Hero of the Bloodline, but a hero through deeds. Theresa did indirectly 'make' him a hero, but not a Hero.