• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS3 What The Cell Is Going On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
PS3 What The Cell Is Going On

Thanks to my freind Matt for the links :thumbsup:

This is from a 1UP.com piece ive been reading that compares the Xbox 360 with PS3 side by side with strange results.....

PS3: What the Cell is Going On? from 1UP.com

Also they have said the PS3 has got the Worst Reviewed Launch Titles Ever!

PS3 Worst Reviewed Launch Ever? news from 1UP.com

I find this very disappointing on Sonys behalf as the PS3 has so much potential i hope they make up for it with the usual crop of good games such as The MGS series and Final Fantasys etc...

Personally this looks like im trying to make the PS3 look bad after recent events here but the facts are there and i will still be buying one so im not biased.... I saw the Xbox 360 get slated for delays and bugs everywhere by the media so im doing my bit to point out problems with PS3 also as its unfair for the 360 and Wii to be slated and slammed for problems and the PS3 to get off Scott free when they have made just as many if not more mistakes than both the Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Wii.

F

Fable_Fan005

Re: PS3 What The Cell Is Going On

Well i think in the long run the ps3 is going to be well just better. Although the game that are out for both systems look close to the same in 1 or 1 1/2 years the games on the ps3 will look much better because the programers will see what the ps3 can really do. And yes the games that came out was prob. the worst line up that there is ever going to be( Not Fall of Man more like MS Gundam) FF XIII is the best looking game i have ever seen in my life. Also its basicly a very advanced computer and with parts that can be taken out for better one. The system will always be able to keep on geting better. But the 600$ price tag my be a little high ITS A BARGIN ewith all that in it.
Blue rays alone can cost up to 800$ This will make sony no money or it will be the best gameing system of all time. Its up to the developers and the gamers like us to make,play and buy the games that will make the system so much more than what any1 at this stage thinks it will tun out to be.

Sine we are on the topic of next gen gameing.
WII
The wii may not have the nice looks or high rez. But it make up for that with fun that the hole family can sit down a watch. nintendo is know for fun games that are lengendary to gamers all over the world. The idea of a system like this is simply great. The things you could do are almost endless
A Starwars game COULD be unreal on a system like this. The nintendo DS is just as good they own the handheld market and they may have a shot at the consels if the games they make are just as fun as the DS games. With the PS3 a more "Pricey" system they have a chance to take the lead is the 360s XboX live can be beat by the ps3. The next 2 years will be the best or worse years for us gamers.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I agree the PS3 will obviously do the best as Sony always do but im happy that the Xbox 360 has done and is doing really well and i dont see any consoles online system being better than Xbox Live in the near future. Plus with the new Hard Drive and Processor on the way that can only mean greater things are yet to come. I look forward to seeing more quality games on all the systems.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

The PS3 screenshots look lighter. That's all I really see.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;33421 said:
The PS3 screenshots look lighter. That's all I really see.

Look at the shadows and detail ;)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;33434 said:
Look at the shadows and detail ;)

Iunno. In the first Xbox/to PS3 picture, with the golf, I see a random tree. And in Ridge Racer the Xbox seems to have a yellow tint. *shrug* Iunno.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;33435 said:
Iunno. In the first Xbox/to PS3 picture, with the golf, I see a random tree. And in Ridge Racer the Xbox seems to have a yellow tint. *shrug* Iunno.

Well for one the Xbox 360 has more people on screen and more shadow detail on the Golf game and more detail on areas and surroundings. (only visable in first comparision shots)

In Call Of Duty 3 the Xbox 360 seems to have nicer textures and more detail on weapons, models and scenery.

In Madden on Xbox 360 the models just seem to look sharper and more detailed. Also in second shots the grass has more definition and detail and more shadow effects.

Ridge racer theres not much difference as they are different games Ridge Racer 6 and Ridge Racer 7.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I see a yellow tint on most of the Xbox screen shots. And I noticed shadow, but it seemed like random shadows to me.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;33450 said:
I see a yellow tint on most of the Xbox screen shots. And I noticed shadow, but it seemed like random shadows to me.

Yellow Tint? I see no yellow tint.... the light looks odd in Ridge Racer but thats becuase its Ridge Racer it always looks odd coloured lol.

Shadow effects and detail are quite different between them... most noticable on grass on Madden and background Grass on Call Of Duty and also models are more detailed most noticable on Call Of Duty.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;33453 said:
Yellow Tint? I see no yellow tint.... the light looks odd in Ridge Racer but thats becuase its Ridge Racer it always looks odd coloured lol.

Shadow effects and detail are quite different between them... most noticable on grass on Madden and background Grass on Call Of Duty and also models are more detailed most noticable on Call Of Duty.

well I guess the yellow tint has to do with how my eyes work.
The three games I saw for the XBOX with the yellow tint:
ridge Racer
Full auto
Blazing angels

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;33474 said:
well I guess the yellow tint has to do with how my eyes work.
The three games I saw for the XBOX with the yellow tint:
ridge Racer
Full auto
Blazing angels

Might be something to do with the Sprites used in the GFX engine as they all overuse them in their GFX styles.

B

Bethrezen

hope there's not going to be a PC 2 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.