• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS3's New Controller Was Surprise To Developers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
PS3's New Controller Was Surprise To Developers!

It seems that Sony didnt just surprise gamers with their Kinetic controller design, they surprised developers aswel! The Warhawk team who are making a science-fiction war zone game,didn't get their hands on Sony's tilt-sensing controller until two weeks ago. Warhawk is the first game to make public use of Sonys kinetic controller, which is designed around the same thing as the Wii device. With this admission by the developers it just proves that Sony only added motion-sensitive technology at the last minute in an attempt to match Nintendo's own idea.

Sources suggest that representatives from Sony didn't return requests for comment on the report.

D

DrZoid

Re: PS3's New Controller Was Surprise To Developers!

My friend was telling me about this yesterday. At least the Dads will soon be actually affecting the game when they lean all over the place when playing the racing games.

Not that I will be getting a PS3 anyway.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DrZoid said:
My friend was telling me about this yesterday. At least the Dads will soon be actually affecting the game when they lean all over the place when playing the racing games.

Not that I will be getting a PS3 anyway.

Yeah i thought the exact same thing :lol:

I will get one as i always get the Microsoft and Sony consoles now so i dont miss out on some of their big games.

D

DrZoid

I didn't sell my PS2 for the same reason, but when a decent game did come out that was exclusive to it (eg God Of War) It was alwyas a bitch to play cos of the crappy little controller.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DrZoid said:
I didn't sell my PS2 for the same reason, but when a decent game did come out that was exclusive to it (eg God Of War) It was alwyas a bitch to play cos of the crappy little controller.

I dont mind the controllers but they are small when your used to using Xbox/360 and PC controls.

D

DrZoid

Was that your 1000th post? :O

congrats.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DrZoid said:
Was that your 1000th post? :O

congrats.

Not that exact post but yeah :blush:

D

DrZoid

At least its 1000 posts on a decent forum.

And I just started on this arena thread the other day and its great, quick! someone think of another riddle :w00t:

D

DrZoid

NO! amazing forum!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DrZoid said:

NO! amazing forum!

Well thanks very much for your kind words :D and lets hope there are many more thousand posts to come ;)

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Hinter auf Thema! The PS3 is a fool to try and match Wii's power of motion sensors. In an interview with Reggie he even stated that Nintendo is not one bit worried about Sony's attempt. This is becuase they know they have done it far better then Sony ever could.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Seigfried said:
Hinter auf Thema! The PS3 is a fool to try and match Wii's power of motion sensors. In an interview with Reggie he even stated that Nintendo is not one bit worried about Sony's attempt. This is becuase they know they have done it far better then Sony ever could.

Maybe so but the PS3 will obliterate Nintendo on sales. I like the ideas that the Wii (still sounds gay) is using but i just dont think that many people are going to be interested in those sort of games over mainstream blockbusters and Graphical superiority.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Fool! It does not all matter by graphics, for the most important features to games are how well they will play! But that is not all! For you see, PS3 will be at a poor shortage for a long time coming. Not only that but not many people will be just pulling out their wallets and trading out $600 for the PS3. Though I know there are those hardcore gamers out there, some people will have to wait through price drop and stock amount before they can get their hands on it.

P.S. I praise Nintendo for the name Wii, for it shows that Nintendo is not afraid to take drastic chances. That, and that they do not care about the negative opinions of people who think that Nintendo is "gay" for calling the new system the Wii. Hahahahaha!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Seigfried said:
Fool! It does not all matter by graphics, for the most important features to games are how well they will play! But that is not all! For you see, PS3 will be at a poor shortage for a long time coming. Not only that but not many people will be just pulling out their wallets and trading out $600 for the PS3. Though I know there are those hardcore gamers out there, some people will have to wait through price drop and stock amount before they can get their hands on it.

P.S. I praise Nintendo for the name Wii, for it shows that Nintendo is not afraid to take drastic chances. That, and that they do not care about the negative opinions of people who think that Nintendo is "gay" for calling the new system the Wii. Hahahahaha!

Like i said i lost faith in Nintendo when they started caring more about making money then attracting quality titles and publishers to their platforms. They let Capcom go, they let Square go and they let Rare go (all a stupid move). I agree the PS3 is going to be REALLY pricey at first but when the price comes down they will fly out. I can the the attraction to the Wii wearing thin very fast, kind of like the eye toy phase. It was a new idea that worked well but got boring really quick, and the lure of quality titles pulls you away.

D

DrZoid

Dark Drakan said:
Like i said i lost faith in Nintendo when they started caring more about making money then attracting quality titles and publishers to their platforms. They let Capcom go, they let Square go and they let Rare go (all a stupid move). I agree the PS3 is going to be REALLY pricey at first but when the price comes down they will fly out. I can the the attraction to the Wii wearing thin very fast, kind of like the eye toy phase. It was a new idea that worked well but got boring really quick, and the lure of quality titles pulls you away.

Thats EXACTLY what its like! :lol:
The eye toy was that sort of gimicky thing that you would play round a foolish mates house but never buy for yourself. It was fun for a while but you wouldnt want it for every game (obviously). I think the Wii would end up like that.
Everyone who buys one will very quickly come to miss the feel of a controller.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I think I heard somewhere that you will be able to use the gamecube controller on the Wii for games like Smash Bros. Other than that, they will have a light gun attachmen (a usable one) and an old style Nes controller attachment. So you will not have to always stick with the Wii-mote all the time, for all games.

And I do agree that letting some companies go was a bad move, Nintendo might just try and find partnerships again. That and they are pulling off a new move with an allying with Broadcast to have set net features with the Wii.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Seigfried said:
I think I heard somewhere that you will be able to use the gamecube controller on the Wii for games like Smash Bros. Other than that, they will have a light gun attachmen (a usable one) and an old style Nes controller attachment. So you will not have to always stick with the Wii-mote all the time, for all games.

And I do agree that letting some companies go was a bad move, Nintendo might just try and find partnerships again. That and they are pulling off a new move with an allying with Broadcast to have set net features with the Wii.

The variation is controllers all lead to the same thing though, you may just long for a normal controller after a while instead of all the weird ones that will be ok for a while until the novelty wheres thin.

Hope they do better than the Gamecubes net service :lol: most didnt even know you could use the net on it.

D

DrZoid

Dark Drakan said:
The variation is controllers all lead to the same thing though, you may just long for a normal controller after a while instead of all the weird ones that will be ok for a while until the novelty wheres thin.

Hope they do better than the Gamecubes net service :lol: most didnt even know you could use the net on it.

o_O I certainly didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.