• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Pub Game Trading Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Re: Pub Game Trading Post

its like a cross between fable and runescape.

It's more for hardcore rpgers, and has a good story line. It can get confusing sometimes though xD

What types of games d'you like?

matyboy

Reaction score

oblivon is the 1 u wont 2 get it amazing

GMRauru

GOMLB
Reaction score

I'm not a HUGE shooter fan but Fallout looks pretty good. Left 4 Dead looks pretty good, mutant-shadowrun. I like Fable but wish it was less repetitive.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

oh yeah, if you get oblivion, from memory the first bit can be annoying. Here's a tip (Ill put it in spoiler incase you wanna find out for yourself)

At the start of the game it's really dark and you can choose your race, be the cat person (youll know what I mean if you get it), because it can see in the dark. When you get out of the starting area you have a choice if you want to scrap your character and remake 'um, here's where you make your character xD

GMRauru

GOMLB
Reaction score

So out of these which two would you get

Fallout 3

Left 4 Dead

Oblivion

Any others that are good.

matyboy

Reaction score

i would say fallout 3 and oblivion but they are made by the same people so you might get borded so its up 2 you

GMRauru

GOMLB
Reaction score

I'll have to look around at some top games. I can get up to 3.

Twilight

Reaction score

Jakuro;259797 said:
So out of these which two would you get

Fallout 3

Left 4 Dead

Oblivion

Any others that are good.

Fallout 3 and Oblivion hands down. (same makers)

Oblivion is one of the greatest RPGs of all time. The only problem is it begins to suck your life away. I'm on hour 400 in my file and I haven't done everything. It has great Replay value as well. It got GOTY on PS3, Xbox and PC

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

I'm not a fall out 3 fan myself, I find it a bit draggy.

personally I'd go for oblivion and left 4 dead, but if you dont like repetition then left 4 dead isn't your game. Its awesome but really short, and the online is VERY repetitive

Sokrias

Reaction score

Left 4 Dead, and Fallout 3 is basically Oblivion with guns. So if you want to try out guns or like them more, get Fallout 3, and if you prefer fantasy, go with Oblivion. Left 4 Dead is made by Valve, which makes it a great game already. Valve aren't the type of developer to walk away from a game, they'll update it for a large period of time.

Team Fortress 2 (Orange Box) is an example of Valve updating their games, at least on the PC. They're also trying to get most, if not all, of those updates for 360. PLUS, Left 4 Dead is a big title on the 360 for Valve, so they will hopefully update it quickly, and there is talks about 2 new maps for L4D, and adding 2 existing ones to multiplayer. That alone will keep people playing for months, if not years.

Twilight

Reaction score

Sokrias;260005 said:
Left 4 Dead, and Fallout 3 is basically Oblivion with guns. So if you want to try out guns or like them more, get Fallout 3, and if you prefer fantasy, go with Oblivion. Left 4 Dead is made by Valve, which makes it a great game already. Valve aren't the type of developer to walk away from a game, they'll update it for a large period of time.

Team Fortress 2 (Orange Box) is an example of Valve updating their games, at least on the PC. They're also trying to get most, if not all, of those updates for 360. PLUS, Left 4 Dead is a big title on the 360 for Valve, so they will hopefully update it quickly, and there is talks about 2 new maps for L4D, and adding 2 existing ones to multiplayer. That alone will keep people playing for months, if not years.

Let's just make it clear that L4D is certainly not Oblivion with guns.

GMRauru

GOMLB
Reaction score

I got Fallout 3 yesterday, its only decent so far. Left 4 Dead and Oblivion weren't at the store but going back soon to check for them.

D

DragonMaster91

My post of ripping

Twilight;259778 said:
Fallout is a fantastic game. Elder Scrolls Oblivion is also a great one.
Not to be rude or anything, but it is Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
Of course, you were probably just shortening it, so ignore this part of my post.

theron_leroux;259790 said:
its like a cross between fable and runescape.

It's more for hardcore rpgers, and has a good story line. It can get confusing sometimes though xD

What types of games d'you like?
Don't compare it to runescape.
it is more like Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and Fable two's graphics.

GMRauru

GOMLB
Reaction score

Proabably gonna get elder scrolls today or tommorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.