• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question about Resident Evil 4

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Question about Resident Evil 4

So, I've never played a Resident Evil before. I have no idea what number they're on now, or anything like that.

My brother got my mom a Wii for her birthday. And for Easter, she got several games, including Resident Evil for my brother.

Now, tell me: does this game suck so hard because it's Resident Evil, because it's on the Wii, or both?

I mean, seriously. The controls are a clunky pain in the ass. The graphics are... generally unimpressive. And, well, I kinda hate it.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Re: Question about Resident Evil 4

the only Resident Evils i have played are 1,4 and 5 and even though a lot of ppl love 4 i also found the controls to suck (i played it on the game cube) i liked 5 alot though

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I've never played any of the Resident Evil games for Wii but I have heard (according to reviews) that RE4 for Wii is a pretty faithful port and the Wii-mote & nunchuck setup isn't a hindrance like I originally thought it might. You might enjoy RE4 if you like a good bit of action-adventure. The story and voice acting is laughable, though, so don't go in expecting anything other than B-movie material.

For whatever reason, alot of the members on the RE Forum adore Leon - the protagonist of RE4 - but I think he's a bit of a nob head. Perhas you should consider getting RE5 Gold Edition; I find it much better than RE4 and the co-op gameplay adds re-playability to it.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Resident Evil 4 is generally considered one of the greatest in the series and I agree. However, I can see how having it for the Wii can make it suck immensely. The Wii just isn't made for "serious gaming". And I must, I am sorry to say, disagree with my superior: RE5 sucks. It is more like Gears of War with zombies rather than a Resident Evil game. Too much action, not enough survival horror.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I can imagine the controls being clunky if you're using the wii-remote and nun-chuck, instead of using a Gamecube or Classic Controller.

I really liked it on the PS2 many years ago, some pretty damn creepy moments. But I've never finished the game since I got stuck on one of the bosses, the controls seemed fine to me compared to previous entries in the series (which either had funky controls like Dino Crisis or the characters simply moved too slow).

I tried the demo of RE5 and I really don't like it, characters are too slow and I agree with Tsuyu.. it felt more like just another shooter.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yeah, maybe it was just because of the Wiimote and nunchuk. I had a Gamecube, but only ever had five games or so for it, and my brother gave it to his girlfriend's little brothers as a Christmas present a few years back. So I don't have that controller.

But yeah, then, I'd say it was the controls. Soooo clunky. Also, I wasn't sure why random specifically-told-me-weren't-zombies took so many shots to the chest and neck to kill.

But it's really ****ing weird. I eventually figured out that I could move the targeting reticule only by holding the controller horizontally in front of me parallel to my body and rotating it. And I couldn't shoot and walk simultaneously. And after that... yeah.

Maybe I'll like it better if I give myself more time to get used to the controls and all. But Wii Sports is actually fun, and I can play it with my family. If I want to slaughter things I have the 360.

Milycious

Fabled Pirate
Reaction score

Resident Evil 4 is awesome, but I do not know how it is on the wii console.
Just don't buy Resi 5... it isn't too bad but it sucks hard comparing to the 4th one.