• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question for PC enthusiasts

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I'm maxing out my ram to 4(32). Can somebody tell me if they see any compatibility issues I want to plug them in and go. These are the chips I'm looking to get RAM and here are my system information
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-86AF6V0
System Manufacturer HP
System Model OMEN by HP Desktop PC 870-2XX
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Z5M59AA#ABA
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date AMI F.24, 3/1/2018
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
BaseBoard Product 830C
BaseBoard Version 1.04
Platform Role Desktop

Edit, figured it out after an hour and im getting 32 2(16G) 2400m. So glad I was able to catch myself and saved a but load of dollars. Spent about 130$

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm maxing out my ram to 4(32). Can somebody tell me if they see any compatibility issues I want to plug them in and go. These are the chips I'm looking to get RAM and here are my system information
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-86AF6V0
System Manufacturer HP
System Model OMEN by HP Desktop PC 870-2XX
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Z5M59AA#ABA
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date AMI F.24, 3/1/2018
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
BaseBoard Product 830C
BaseBoard Version 1.04
Platform Role Desktop

Edit, figured it out after an hour and im getting 32 2(16G) 2400m. So glad I was able to catch myself and saved a but load of dollars. Spent about 130$

I tend to use the following website when picking new parts to see if there are any conflicts.

Fable II Xbox 360

Reaction score
Overtime I started with something that met school and gaming needs. As time went on I started looking at what games I'd like to play and the specs they needed on my PC, to include Operating System (OS) upgrade. I wasn't the one to go out and get the latest and greatest though and would always be one generation behind due to income and pricing. As I started learning about how Microsoft kept on going with planned obsolescence in its OS software, I started getting more and more discouraged about continuing to by PCs, laptops and so on. I also never liked the idea of just going to console but when I'm gifted one, might as well use it. Then came mandatory membership and micro transactions which killed the gaming experience for me. I've been playing an old console while letting my PC go out of OS become obsolete because of MS not upgrading any further. Don't worry as it is now collecting dust with no future reactivation. At times I've been on the fence of getting another modernly upgraded PC to at least perform better than any console currently on the market, but I'd just be repeating history. I've heard that at some point in time, computers will be going quantum, which would nullify any computer of today meaning…more $$$ to drop down on something else. The Virtual Reality gaming system looks promising, but not ready for my Prime Time. I want to be able to play games getting older, but with more exercise options. I've tried running in place, walking, intermittent pushups...meh! Anywho, I think gaming needs to get back to the way things were before I get back into and commit any further full price $$$s. Does that mean gaming is over for me, nah...I know some other 'fool' will keep buying the latest, and I'll be invited over to play with their new system. So back to the question of what specs for a new PC...I think it all comes down to how much can you afford to buy something that is 'future proof', but remember that it foolish to believe in such a term when no one can see the future. You might as well lease a contraption to play video games (if that is your main reason) and let the company upgrade as technology changes. Yeah you'll pay a premium, but the hassle of thinking is diminished. Do they lease gaming rigs??? Best of luck!

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm just gonna use this thread to show of my bootiful PC.

1-A894047-8-E0-B-454-C-A90-A-AE6-E4-F22-ABDA.jpg

Isn't she lovely? :love: