• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question for PC enthusiasts

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My friend request for you on Steam has been pending for over a year now, so yeah. >.>

That's okay, I wouldn't add you either. But you kinda held that gun to my head and all.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well this can only mean good. They should advance a bit faster so I could grab some older stuff at a discount. :D
Yeah really, only a matter of time before their older stuff plummets in price and when that happens I'll be waiting and ready. Hopefully it'll happen around the time DX12 is out and the new cards become fully utilized and really start to catch on.
I believe I accepted it a couple of days ago while I was on the Steam sales on my phone. :lol:
D: Oh, really?? I haven't been on Steam since the start of the summer sale so I didn't even know, awesome.
That's okay, I wouldn't add you either. But you kinda held that gun to my head and all.
Hmph! You love it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
D: Oh, really?? I haven't been on Steam since the start of the summer sale so I didn't even know, awesome.

Yeah I logged in while I was purchasing some titles ready for when its finished (saves me money in long run) and I accepted you and a couple of others I had pending for ages too. Look forward to finally getting some games of something together again at some point.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Yeah I logged in while I was purchasing some titles ready for when its finished (saves me money in long run) and I accepted you and a couple of others I had pending for ages too. Look forward to finally getting some games of something together again at some point.
:D Nice, definitely man.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Almost across the finish line, after 3 days of house DIY I finally managed to start the build (though I was exhausted and mentally fried). Spent 3 hours searching boxes for cables, screws and generally working out where things went before finally mounting most of the components. Just my GFX card left to put in now and awaiting a second opinion on if I have all the cables in right places and everything is definitely plugged in before I risk attempting to power it on and perform my windows install.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It's alive!

cca54f41fa2858635b884e2be306fba5f129cf89a2e65b474cba6bd1005c7e38.jpg

I'm online and good to go as of yesterday afternoon and it's running like a dream so far. Haven't taken any pics to post yet though as been installing all of my updates and games etc.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
tumblr_inline_ni5m6gEaas1t91hs9.jpg

Also Finally no limits on my Internet like those on my slow laptop Wifi and no speed cap like those on my phone.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
POST THE DAMN PICTURES!!!!1!!1!!!1!111!!!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
POST THE DAMN PICTURES!!!!1!!1!!!1!111!!!

Will try and take some later as I forgot when I was building it, case itself is pretty basic but motherboard etc looks nice.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Will try and take some later as I forgot when I was building it, case itself is pretty basic but motherboard etc looks nice.
Well we're all here waiting now with baited breath, it's been a long time coming for this Frankenbox and I'm rather excited to see what we've helped you create here. :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Will sort a better keyboard and mouse in future, already had the mouse and keyboard I got from work.

Simple Corsair Carbide 200R case

Still need to tidy cables a bit but here is inside (will get 2 more fans for top at some point).

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Beautiful! That thing absolutely destroys my old baby, and your cords aren't that bad honestly. Should've seen my embarrassing handy work when I first put mine together, absolutely shameful. I'm digging the Ozzy pad by the way, nice touch. Simplicity works well in my opinion, it's a smart, no-nonsense and straight to business look and I like that.

Have you thrown any games at it yet and if so what were the results?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Beautiful! That thing absolutely destroys my old baby, and your cords aren't that bad honestly. Should've seen my embarrassing handy work when I first put mine together, absolutely shameful. I'm digging the Ozzy pad by the way, nice touch. Simplicity works well in my opinion, it's a smart, no-nonsense and straight to business look and I like that.

Have you thrown any games at it yet and if so what were the results?

Most of my cables are all tied up just wanted to tidy up the rest here and there as I'm a sucker for tidiness. Only game I've tried on it so far was Grey Goo & it ran at max everything (but it's not a very demanding title) but haven't downloaded any benchmarking tools etc yet to accurately measure my performance.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Now for a true multimedia experience you need a decent sound system!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Wow., I think this is the wrong time to be getting a PC, I want a rig that lasts up to five years, but tech is changing on the daily and isn't solidifying. The PS4 and ONE were dead out the gate, can't even compete.

5 years later and im just starting to look at new CPU, Motherboard, RAM and GPU for the machine I assembled in this thread and awaiting AMD's CPU announcements in next few months and nVidias new GPU lineup announcements for later in the year.

Look forward to finally getting some games of something together again at some point.
:D Nice, definitely man.

We still only managed a quick game of GTA Online after all this time. :lol:

VinDiesel

Living Necromonger
Reaction score
Good thread!

Like many in the states, I've come into some extra money and I'm looking at building a new rig myself. I've acquired an old PC, it's definitely limited and I wanted to upgrade it but it may be better just to build a new PC and transfer everything over. I don't know much about hardware though, and haven't been in circles that do for about a decade now. Definitely open to suggestions on parts. :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Good thread!

Like many in the states, I've come into some extra money and I'm looking at building a new rig myself. I've acquired an old PC, it's definitely limited and I wanted to upgrade it but it may be better just to build a new PC and transfer everything over. I don't know much about hardware though, and haven't been in circles that do for about a decade now. Definitely open to suggestions on parts. :)

What sort of specs does the old one have? Usually Hard Drives can be reused as well as disc drives and then have to look at what motherboard & Power Supply can handle when looking at upgrading CPU/GPU and RAM.

VinDiesel

Living Necromonger
Reaction score
What sort of specs does the old one have? Usually Hard Drives can be reused as well as disc drives and then have to look at what motherboard & Power Supply can handle when looking at upgrading CPU/GPU and RAM.
All economy-tier manufacturer stock parts in an Acer case in early 2010s style. I do like the case, it's got a classy aged architecture appeal.

AMD processor, quad core at 3.4ghz. Can't remember offhand but I think it's FM4. Sounds good except embedded graphics, ati apu, definitely nothing fancy. Embedded audio, but I'm partially deaf so I don't care too much about that.

4gb ddr3 ram. Basic speed. Max 16gb on motherboard.

Single white label hdd, 500gb. Sata 3.0, with room for another. The hard drive looks good, I'm just concerned about the age. I already created an image backup (whole reason I got the machine was the software!). Wanna replace it and use the old one for non-vital storage.

Haven't looked at power supply, not even sure how I'd check it.