• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Questions about having children and them growing up

Zero Kenshin

Phantom Renegade
Reaction score
Just wondering how long it takes for a child you have to grow from a baby? If I recall correctly it took about two weeks (around 14 of the games days) in Fable II. So is it the same for Fable III?

Also is it possible to have a second child while the first is still a baby?

Oh and another that insn't quite related to having children but is there any way to tell if a marriage candidate would have stds or not? I've gotten 2 from my wife so far (got the first having the first child and the second while attempting to have a second child) and on my next play through, which will be a good character, I want to avoid getting them stds but I want them to still be able to have their own children rather than adopting.

EDIT: I would also like to know is the gender of your child still decided by the time of day that you have sex?

Zero Kenshin

Phantom Renegade
Reaction score
Ended up answering most of my own questions. xD I am not sure on the exact amount of time it took for my child to grow from a baby but they have now. Also I don't think it will let you have two babies at the same time, as I couldn't have another child until after the first one was no longer a baby but the first time I tried after the baby grew up we had another child.

BlackRelmation

Reaction score
Can you have more than 3 children, cause I watched a youtube video and he had 50 is it a glitch or what?

MrClasher

Reaction score
> 1 baby at the time in 1 house
> takes less than 14 ingame days for a baby to grow to uhm.... the gift begging part
> You should be able to get endless amount of kids :p

So for example you have 1 wife in a house with 1 baby, she cant get a 2nd one, in fact you most likely wont be allowed to touch her anyway lol. Once the baby grows, you should be able to get a 2nd.

If you have multiple wifes you should be able to have as many babies as you have wifes....
So the 50 kids vid is not a glitch. :)

Edit: Actually im not sure your wife can give you more than 1 child.... Haven't tried it. If thats so, good luck keeping 50 households uhauahah :D

Edit 2: 1 Household can contain 2 kids max ;)

DemonicAngel

Reaction score
I need some help if anyone can plz. I am married to another hero and I have 2 children with him on my world,
But now for some reason I'm struggling to give him any on his world, are two heroes only allowed 2 children no matter
Who's world or do I just keep trying, I'm very confused cos it don't even register they are there on his world so I
Would think it would allow it but so far nothing what do I do plz help :(