• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Quests and weapons

Windbrand

Reaction score
I'm about 3 hours into this game, and I'm kind of confused about the quests and weapons system in the game.
1. On the map it says for example "3 quests available", so I hover over some mini-figure with a ! and click him/her, then it tells me if I want to assign the glowing trail to this person, which I click yes, then ask me if I want to teleport to the nearest spot, which I also click yes. However not only does it no teleport me to the nearest spot, the glowing trail does not lead to this person either (yes I checked). For example if I choose the "chicken chaser" quest in Brightwall, the glowing trail leads me out of the town to some unknown spot (when the chicken guy is clearly inside town) and the teleport spot is at the town entrance??
2. How do I see which quests I've picked up already? For example my character woo'ed some beggar in Brightwall and he give her a quest to deliver some letter or whatever, but I forgot where I was supposed to deliver it! Talking to the beggar again doesn't give me the option to view the quest (he just has the ! over his head), nor does viewing it on the map? Going near him and he'll simply say "you haven't delivered my letter yet have you? You will do it won't you?"
3. Is there any point in buying weapons if there are no visible stats in anything in this game? Like how do I know the $7000 weapons in the shops are better than the 2 I started out with?
4. Do weapons improve if I use them, or only through those chests on the road to rule? For example if I never use the sword, but open all the sword upgrade chests, does it max out in the end as well compared to if I always use the pistol?
5. How do I check what items I have? Like how many potions, how many carrots, how many rings? I must be going crazy but this is the only game I know that does not have an inventory window?

Windbrand

Reaction score
And I suppose the manual is supposed to explain all the glitches happening too right? Please refer to me which page on the manual explains why quest markers are completely out of whack, why teleports teleport me to completely wrong places, why opening chests/digging spots do not give me anything.
If you've got nothing useful to reply then don't reply. Same goes with all the "google is your friend" responses. What's the point of this forum then? I'm pretty sure anyone can just google answers no?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
And I suppose the manual is supposed to explain all the glitches happening too right? Please refer to me which page on the manual explains why quest markers are completely out of whack, why teleports teleport me to completely wrong places, why opening chests/digging spots do not give me anything.
If you've got nothing useful to reply then don't reply. Same goes with all the "google is your friend" responses. What's the point of this forum then? I'm pretty sure anyone can just google answers no?
You know what, I don't have the power to answer you. Wait for someone that has the energy to do so. Just look at the forums and anywhere else, Fable 3 is full of such problems and we can't do anything about it and I think official support is nonexistent. You can try doing some workarounds and hope they work, or you will likely lose your savegame.

Also, most of your questions are answered in the game manual that is small enough and has an index perfectly made for you to read and navigate - I'm not pointing you to Google, instead I'm pointing to a piece of paper some people put some effort to work on and that was given with your game both electronically (through Games for Windows Live or Steam's Store Page)

Ladies, ladies, contain your handbags.

I'm about 3 hours into this game, and I'm kind of confused about the quests and weapons system in the game.
1. On the map it says for example "3 quests available", so I hover over some mini-figure with a ! and click him/her, then it tells me if I want to assign the glowing trail to this person, which I click yes, then ask me if I want to teleport to the nearest spot, which I also click yes. However not only does it no teleport me to the nearest spot, the glowing trail does not lead to this person either (yes I checked). For example if I choose the "chicken chaser" quest in Brightwall, the glowing trail leads me out of the town to some unknown spot (when the chicken guy is clearly inside town) and the teleport spot is at the town entrance??

This is a glitch everyone has sadly suffered from, there's no real way to fix it and Lionhead have more or less abandoned Fable III as far as patching goes.
2. How do I see which quests I've picked up already? For example my character woo'ed some beggar in Brightwall and he give her a quest to deliver some letter or whatever, but I forgot where I was supposed to deliver it! Talking to the beggar again doesn't give me the option to view the quest (he just has the ! over his head), nor does viewing it on the map? Going near him and he'll simply say "you haven't delivered my letter yet have you? You will do it won't you?"

As far as I remember(forgive me, I haven't played Fable III since Nov 2010) you open up The Sanctuary, go to your map and press Y. This should list current quests along with their locations.
3. Is there any point in buying weapons if there are no visible stats in anything in this game? Like how do I know the $7000 weapons in the shops are better than the 2 I started out with?

Personally, I stuck with The Hero's Weapons for the entire game. I don't think weapons have specs exactly. They're only better in what upgrades that can be applied to them, which provide increased damage or bonus abilities.
4. Do weapons improve if I use them, or only through those chests on the road to rule? For example if I never use the sword, but open all the sword upgrade chests, does it max out in the end as well compared to if I always use the pistol?

The only weapon that morphs on The Road To Rule is the The Hero's Weapons i.e the ones you receive at the very beginning. The other ones(the legendary ones) have objectives in their descriptions that once completed can provide you with the additional bonuses I previously mentioned.
5. How do I check what items I have? Like how many potions, how many carrots, how many rings? I must be going crazy but this is the only game I know that does not have an inventory window?

You can't. Not unless you plan to gift them to someone. It's another one of the short-comings that came with Fable III. If you select the option to gift someone, you'll be taken to the gift room where all the items you listed will be shown on a panel on the right-hand-side.

Play nice, kids.