• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: Race

hmm, not really the type of response I expected to be honest. I expected something more hostile, but I suppose I could have been wrong about you.

And I suppose you're right about interpreting language differently, especially over the internet where you can't hear the tone of someone's voice, so you might not be sure how they meant it.

Notes:
1. I didn't know FiendFyre was a girl at first, so I changed all the "he"s and "him"s to "she"s and "her"s. there might still be 1 floating around in there though.

2. In my original post I italicized the part of Anon's quote I was talking about not realizing that all text in quotes were italicized already :lol:. changed to bold

A

Anon

Nah that's cool mate, you don't know me and if all you feel you've seen me do so far is be overtly hostile then why would you expect anything less?

That however isn't the case, you came in and made a valid point about how you perceived things without making any statements that make assumptions about who I am. If you feel I overreacted and want to discuss that logically as you did then I'm open to it. I'm not an unreasonable guy, however if I feel somebody is having a go at me I don't just let it slide.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Um...

Anyway, as I said earlier, Fable is supposed to allow you to be anybody. Its Supposed to give you freedom. If we weren't allowed to choose race then we really arent given the freedom to be the hero we are. What if you wanted your character to be a Berber Pirate, or a Japenese Samurai. In Fable 2 we were given many choices, we were able to be good, evil, corrupt, pure, will user, skill user, melee user, boy, girl, bi, gay, or straight. The option of race was forgotten. We were forced to be white. We sholdnt be forced to be something in Fable. Every Fable is supposed to be different. But in every Fable the Hero is white. Hopefully Fable 3 will alow us to choose our race. A sequal improves on the one preceding it, it doesnt stay the same, and it doesnt get worse.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

ya i understand that the hero is white because all his ancestors were white and u cant be a hero from ANOTHER bloodline. But i was thinking this : what if ur hero marries a black chick? then ur kids are black. My kid is black and i married a white chick!! ( my son is weird. Hes a ginger kid whos black) sooo... yah

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Little_Sparrow;331492 said:
ya i understand that the hero is white because all his ancestors were white and u cant be a hero from ANOTHER bloodline. But i was thinking this : what if ur hero marries a black chick? then ur kids are black. My kid is black and i married a white chick!! ( my son is weird. Hes a ginger kid whos black) sooo... yah

Lol, your wife cheated on you
but lol, you are right, our hero could just mary a black person, and since fable 3's hero is your child then if your child is black then you can have a black hero

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Little_Sparrow;331492 said:

way to say what's been stated already...

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Well next time read the thread before posting in it.

R

Razorback

Two cent's worth:

There's been some talk about the point of the Fable series being "you can be whoever you want". Unfortunately, that's not really true. You're not creating your own character - you're taking control of an established character at childhood and guiding their development from there. It's not quite the same thing. And since the established character in question comes from a centuries-old caucasian bloodline as part of the ongoing story, etc etc etc...

Now, if they were able to create a game where you could choose from multiple established characters (of different races, maybe even different social classes) with multiple storylines, it would solve the race issue in the game, give you more choice in how your character looks/develops AND increase the replay value.

Status
Not open for further replies.