• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reaver is obviously the Hero of Oakvale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destro23

Reaction score
Reaver is obviously the Hero of Oakvale

SPOILERS This is long and involved, if you don't like reading then go look at some pictures.

Reaver is obviously the Hero of Oakvale if you've ever listened to his diary.

Someone said he thinks Reaver "saw" the Hero of Oakvale once when I pointed this out, I can find no record of that. I can find no evidence that Reaver and The Hero of Oakvale were in the same place at the same time. I do remember a silly load screen saying The Hero of Oakvale died on Serenity Farm from old age. He is like a year younger than his sister though so that sounds like maybe, he just wants us to think he's dead. I found evidence in the game that everyone in your blood line is Immortal, including William Black/Scythe, Theresa. Other than the main character of this game, the other missing immortal is the main character of the last game.

Reaver doesn't thank the Shadow Court for his immortality, he only thanks it for his youth. Youth being someone the Hero of Oakvale could only get a little of from the temples of the time. Reaver only says he was looking for a stopper for death, not that he needed it. He probably wanted to save his Bride, who I believe was Ursula (a plain mortal). Ursula has a schoolhouse in Wraithmarsh and in the Snow Globe, so you know she fell special victim to the curse and was obviously turned into a banshee bound to the children of the village. This curse took place 200 years ago, the hero of Oakvale's quest ended 300 years before that day. He should have still been somewhere in the world! He can use weapons and magic unlike Theresa, Scythe even could have stopped the shadow court.

*The hero of Bowerstone is shot to death as an adult and as a child, he can't die BUT he can be scarred. Magic and Health are no big deal for an immortal, but scars and wrinkles seem to last forever. Scythe, Fable I.

The only reference to the Hero of Oakvale in Fable II other than his Guild Paintings are what NPCs say, they CLAIM inaccurately that he carried the Sword of Aeons to kill Dragon Form Jack.... but is that possible if theresa is still alive? There is a speculative theory that Theresa was half dead and then thrown into the void... but her dead body layed on the ground as I recall so forget all this Theresa is evil and from the void FAIRY TALE.

What accurately happened in the last game is the question at hand. Two things obviously. You see, the point of being evil in the first Fable game actually serves to speed the game along, and to destroy the guild and all it's members but Scythe. Scythe literally disappears at the end of the game. If he didn't disappear the evil hero/jack of blades would have exited Archon's Folly to find him outside, then killed him. Defeating the purpose of the game and the guild. If you were trying to be good then the point of the game is to explore and avoid the evil choices. Free Albion instead of taking it over. A more difficult task but rewarding.

So how do we know what happened? The Guild fell after the Hero of Oakvale killed the Guild-master (and possibly all other Heroes). The only thing that leads anyone to believe he was a good hero is the fact that Theresa is alive and the chamber of fate walls show the good ending where he doesn't become jack of blades, which wasn't the point of being evil anyway. Therersa and the Sword of Aeons still don't properly fit though! If you think outside of the game... The sword did have some power as Jack used it, and killed your mother... Maybe the Hero didn't cast it away or feed it blood, but still used it in the final fight. Logically if Theresa isn't exaggerating the events, this must have happened. And how did Reaver summon the shadow court? The Normanomicon, before he sealed it in THE HERO'S TOMB where it can only be reached when the Bowerlake is lowered, seasonally or something. Sythe being the last Hero is a poetic ending for the Guild. We know that people over threw the guild with guns and I'm guessing this is after the hero of oakvale staged his disappearance, taking on his new title.... As the Pirate King. Maybe he was on a quest to kill the pirate king for being a revolutionary threat to the guild, and the guild was burned down when he got back. What else could he do after the fall of the guild but stage his own death and look for a new line of work.

Penelope burned the house down while Reaver was sleeping with Andrew, killing Andrew but Reaver some how survived? How, unless he can't die like any mortal. After the house burns down, Reaver rebuilds it and invites Penelope and Ursula as honored guests, probably so Ursula the Banshee can kill Penelope.

The person that decorated and reconstructed Reaver's House was originally decorating and constructing the Temple of Shadow for Cornelius Grim. Reaver, who is loyal to the Shadow Court, calls the (Grim's) Temple of Shadows "silly" as if it is a cheap imitation dark temple..

Reaver has Sex Orgies

Reaver had discovered a Small Island (not Summerkant) which is the way he described Summerkant at the end of the game. This may be why he is misinformed? Garth being from there should know if Reaver was close to correct or way off and he tells Reaver "it's not like that".

Reaver claims he murdered a pirate king and took his place* to get the house. As he said ironically "it isn't everyday-" before announcing he murdered a pirate king and took his place. This is the same spot he killed Twinblade the Bandit King, an Ex-Hero who you could kill or spare in the first game.

I also think that the Hero of Oakvale is bald, and Reaver wears a wig. The hero of Oakvale is often shown bald, and Reaver obviously wears a hair piece.

I like how he greets his sister... Talking...not a silent hero anymore and he says:
"Blind eh? I would have preferred Mute."

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Re: Reaver is obviously the Hero of Oakvale

I guess we'll see if this is true or not...

Reaver117

Reaction score

Interesting theory. I'd like to think we might find out about this further in Fable 3. It's a different point of view to think he may be the Hero of Oakvale. Clearly he seems immortal. I guess we may find out one day.

btw Reaver's hair is the best :]

Destro23

Reaction score

I know they make it all up as they go along but after playing both games about a 100 times each, I think its a reasonable attempt at certainty amidst the chaos Lionhead calls a storyline. Only two things are certain about the next game, we'll see Reaver in Fable III and it wouldn't be the first time he killed a king for his house... and his note does say he'll kill anyone living there. That would be possibly the third king he'd killed for that house. I wonder how many kings this Butcher has killed?

Doesn't the idea of him being the Hero of Oakvale make the fact that he killed Lucien a little cooler? What will the next game say about that, Reaver killed Lucien so you could make the wish?

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

The blood which flows in the Hero of Oakvale's veins is that of Scythe, and that of Scarlet Robe.

This blood, is 'hero' blood, allowing the person to use skill, strength, and will, all three hero areas.

Reaver however, only uses one, for he is the Hero of Skill.

---

The Hero may still be alive, yes. But if he is, he has to be using magics to keep him alive.

You say he can be immortal, because relatives such as Scythe and Theresa are.

Well, Scythe and Theresa are the only two of family alive, but then again the two use the same method for immortality. It is not given to them, they use magics to stay alive.

---------

I'm not saying you're false, cause it is a good theory.

I just have my doubts.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

God, I hope not. Would suck of the original Hero ended up as such a douchebag.

Destro23

Reaction score

tjbyrum1;406664 said:
The blood which flows in the Hero of Oakvale's veins is that of Scythe, and that of Scarlet Robe.

This blood, is 'hero' blood, allowing the person to use skill, strength, and will, all three hero areas.

Reaver however, only uses one, for he is the Hero of Skill.

---

The Hero may still be alive, yes. But if he is, he has to be using magics to keep him alive.

You say he can be immortal, because relatives such as Scythe and Theresa are.

Well, Scythe and Theresa are the only two of family alive, but then again the two use the same method for immortality. It is not given to them, they use magics to stay alive.

---------

I'm not saying you're false, cause it is a good theory.

I just have my doubts.

this is a very valid point.
reaver is skilled with his blade and super human with a gun but the only magic he seems involved in is the shadows. i can't even imagine a goddy figure like a max stats Hero of Oakvale in the Fable II world.... What if he tried to stay young? I always did that and avoided scars when replaying the first game. I'd go to the old temples for youth and avoid most level ups, so my character looked young and heroic at the end of the game to AVOID aging.

SqueakyPenguins

You sire, are a idiot!
Reaction score

Its possible BUT (i could be wrong) didn't reaver mention in one of his diary entry saying that HE is the one who burned down oakvale to get in with the shadow court?? Its an intresting theory though.
+rep

Destro23

Reaction score

SqueakyPenguins;406799 said:
Its possible BUT (i could be wrong) didn't reaver mention in one of his diary entry saying that HE is the one who burned down oakvale to get in with the shadow court?? Its an intresting theory though.
+rep

it is so hard to listen to his diary i can only guess they purposely placed in such cryptic information about the guy. in the diary he says he has nightmares about oakvale 200 years ago, he asked the shadow court for youth AND a a stopper for death from old age. why he was looking for this we don't know. the shadow court gave him the wish but with the price of everyone in Oakvale, it's unsure if he agreed at that point.

shadow creatures, fire burned the village down.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Reavers Hair looks a lot like the greaser wig, so i'm going to agree with the part about him being bald. And a problem with the hero of Oakvale was that he aged too fast. He was like older than his mother before he met her. So that would explain why it would take the whole town of oakvale to keep him young for up until when he tried taking the youth of the hero of bowerstone. The whole speed aging thing might have bothered the hero so much as to desire eternal youth. And as I recall, the title vendor by the tournament in the original fable had a title that was called Reaver (or was it Reaper, I have to go back and confirm this). And why else would Reaver be the only one returning, from the 3 heros...? Also it could've been possible that Penelope burned down reavers house because Andrew was a runaway hero, (I do remember reading something about a hero telling about his life as a hero and being hated and having to move to somewhere he thought was safe and the house ended up being burned down.) It should also be noted there's a grave that says Andrew the Liar, died in a bloodstone fire.

Heck, what if all those 3 Heros were some people we didn't think of. Like say Garth were William Black, and Hammer being Scarlet Robes. They do have similar characteristics. Like what if they were to change form or be reincarnated. Like Hammer for example, like scarlet robes she was a great hero, but decided to settle down, Hammer does something much similar to this because she is sick of killing. Garth is an exaggerated will user much like scythe who is the founder of will.

MetroidHunter26

*pew pew pew*
Reaction score

I like this this makes me want to dig more into the game and find out (like when Reaver use's his sword he uses it VERY fast so if you could see what sword he has it COULD be the "Sword of Aeons" or Avo's Tear or something :\ but yeah this is a cool theory.

Destro23

Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;406897 said:
Heck, what if all those 3 Heros were some people we didn't think of. Like say Garth were William Black, and Hammer being Scarlet Robes. They do have similar characteristics. Like what if they were to change form or be reincarnated. Like Hammer for example, like scarlet robes she was a great hero, but decided to settle down, Hammer does something much similar to this because she is sick of killing. Garth is an exaggerated will user much like scythe who is the founder of will.

Nope the old title was indeed Reaper. And that guy that hid in Snowspire when he was burned to death. He was one of the decedents of the last hero, just after the guild fell and before the bloodline disappears after.

William Black is a black man, how very dry witted. Scythe only re-enters the Albion universe after in a letter, that you can only get once Garth leaves. Scythe might not wanted the world to know who he really was, out of fear or a lack of explanation. But after the Hero of Bowerstone returns and people think heroes have returned to Albion, why wouldn't Scythe choose a new apprentice to build and master a second hero's guild? WHO BETTER THAN ROSE! who should be like 65 when Fable III comes out, a hero's prime in Fable I.

Scarlett Robe did die... proving a Hero can be killed. After 500 years she definitely isn't haunting anyone over unfinished business. If her soul wasn't used to free jack of blades. Maybe it's Thunder and Elvira Grey's descendant.

You know the way you aged in Fable 1 reminded me of DBZ's hyperbolic time chamber. i thought thats what it was.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Destro23;406977 said:
Nope the old title was indeed Reaper. And that guy that hid in Snowspire when he was burned to death. He was one of the decedents of the last hero, just after the guild fell and before the bloodline disappears after.

William Black is a black man, how very dry witted. Scythe only re-enters the Albion universe after in a letter, that you can only get once Garth leaves. Scythe might not wanted the world to know who he really was, out of fear or a lack of explanation. But after the Hero of Bowerstone returns and people think heroes have returned to Albion, why wouldn't Scythe choose a new apprentice to build and master a second hero's guild? WHO BETTER THAN ROSE! who should be like 65 when Fable III comes out, a hero's prime in Fable I.

Scarlett Robe did die... proving a Hero can be killed. After 500 years she definitely isn't haunting anyone over unfinished business. If her soul wasn't used to free jack of blades. Maybe it's Thunder and Elvira Grey's descendant.

You know the way you aged in Fable 1 reminded me of DBZ's hyperbolic time chamber. i thought thats what it was.

Yea Scarlet Robes did die, her ghost appeared, so that was even proven, but, what if she were to be reincarnated...? If that is possible in the fable world...
But the thing was, scarlet robes used an Axe as I recall, Hammer, uses a Hammer, both of them are big bulky Heavy Weapons.

And I agree about William Black, but if what you say is true, the Hero's guild is gonna be in Samarkand.

Destro23

Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;407160 said:
Yea Scarlet Robes did die, her ghost appeared, so that was even proven, but, what if she were to be reincarnated...? If that is possible in the fable world...
But the thing was, scarlet robes used an Axe as I recall, Hammer, uses a Hammer, both of them are big bulky Heavy Weapons.

And I agree about William Black, but if what you say is true, the Hero's guild is gonna be in Samarkand.

Nostro was the start of the hero's guild. And commissioned the construction of Avo's Tear and the Witchwood Arena. The Sword of Aeons was gone but they built Avo's Tear in it's likeness. I think Scythe (the son of a blacksmith) could have made it. Its unknown who made it exactly but it was passed down to heroes in need by a court of 3 heroes resembling; the shadow court that gave William Black the sword of Aeons, but different.

William Black is from Albion. He was the son of a blacksmith and he walked into the void and was scared when given the sword.

Nostro made Avo's Tear because the Sword of Aeons was gone. Scarlett Robe knew the location of the Sword and maybe Scythe did too. Scythe would have to have given the sword to Scarlett knowing she was his decedent. Maze should have been alive too, maybe even Twinblade as well acting as a hero. Jack could have even been hiding in the guild. Nostro was killed at some point... Maybe that spawned the hiding of the sword.

Jack did things. He was behind Elvira Grey's political career. He saved Maze, like the Hero of Oakvale was saved by Maze. He chases the Archeologist. Scythe would be hiding the sword of aeons from him mainly. Jack attempts to pit Whisper and the Hero against one another. Jack cut out Theresa's eyes for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if he was behind Nostro's murder.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Destro23;407545 said:
Nostro was the start of the hero's guild. And commissioned the construction of Avo's Tear and the Witchwood Arena. The Sword of Aeons was gone but they built Avo's Tear in it's likeness. I think Scythe (the son of a blacksmith) could have made it. Its unknown who made it exactly but it was passed down to heroes in need by a court of 3 heroes resembling; the shadow court that gave William Black the sword of Aeons, but different.

William Black is from Albion. He was the son of a blacksmith and he walked into the void and was scared when given the sword.

Nostro made Avo's Tear because the Sword of Aeons was gone. Scarlett Robe knew the location of the Sword and maybe Scythe did too. Scythe would have to have given the sword to Scarlett knowing she was his decedent. Maze should have been alive too, maybe even Twinblade as well acting as a hero. Jack could have even been hiding in the guild. Nostro was killed at some point... Maybe that spawned the hiding of the sword.

Jack did things. He was behind Elvira Grey's political career. He saved Maze, like the Hero of Oakvale was saved by Maze. He chases the Archeologist. Scythe would be hiding the sword of aeons from him mainly. Jack attempts to pit Whisper and the Hero against one another. Jack cut out Theresa's eyes for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if he was behind Nostro's murder.

Everything seems to go back to jack. I wonder if Jack is still alive, that letter is still bothering me. Like when Rose said the she thought the person was a king or something I immediately thought jack. Because jack of blades sounds very much like a name for a playing card, say jack of spades or something like that. So I was like ooh king or something, there's 4 kings in every deck of playing cards so i took it like it was playing cards. But William Black is also a king so it also points to him, but jack was the one with the hood...
It's very confusing.

Destro23

Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;407693 said:
Everything seems to go back to jack. I wonder if Jack is still alive, that letter is still bothering me. Like when Rose said the she thought the person was a king or something I immediately thought jack. Because jack of blades sounds very much like a name for a playing card, say jack of spades or something like that. So I was like ooh king or something, there's 4 kings in every deck of playing cards so i took it like it was playing cards. But William Black is also a king so it also points to him, but jack was the one with the hood...
It's very confusing.

lionhead actually commented on this! i read that someone (not peter) said the person was Scythe. they made the point because people confused the description with jack. i'm really wondering what those four kings could be. we can only speculate jack or scythe will be there, i'd like to think they will. then there is the king of mist, i don't know though.

after all this research into reaver i look at Logan a little different. he lives in a house made by the same guy who built the temple of shadows. he has a guild map room in his house, like its the anti-heroes guild. reaver should at least make a solid attempt on his life, Reaver wants that house. obviously reaver doesn't like Logan because Peter says Reaver waits for the hero to become king before starting his industries. Logan is also very well protected in the city of Bloodstone, imagine how hard that attack is going to be coming from the waterfront. Hell of a dramatic quest. i'm betting nightfall WITH TORCHES.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

There's a lot of baseless speculation in there, and most of your theories are based on them. I sincerely doubt that that is the case.

Destro23

Reaction score

Arseface;407701 said:
There's a lot of baseless speculation in there, and most of your theories are based on them. I sincerely doubt that that is the case.

Does the theory add an interesting spin on the gameplay story, and delve into rare surrounding facts? I can't promise proof, just opinion and speculation.

"The lack of consistency in our historical documents makes me think we just make it all up as we go along." - Albionite

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Destro23;407706 said:
Does the theory add an interesting spin on the gameplay story, and delve into rare surrounding facts? I can't promise proof, just opinion and speculation.

Sorry to say, but not really. I think you've just made a few tenuous links between some semi-ambiguous loose ends, and built a theory around speculation and misunderstood facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.