1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religeon.

Discussion in 'Bowerstone South Tavern' started by Cobalt Gamer, Nov 22, 2008.

Register or log in to browse without ads.

1. Cobalt Gamer

Cobalt Gamer Resident miserable sod.

Trophies:
    Religion.

Sorry i just had to vent out my feelings about rilgeon.

religeon in general is strange watching pitiful people devote there whole lives to the judgment at the end, but it makes you think if we are all judged who can say whats good and evil, right and wrong, so a man who spent his entire life choosing not to belive in god but made and etempt to do good in everything he could goes to hell simple because he chose not to devote himself? where as a criminal who killed many people may go through the pearly gates aslong as he repenets and devotes himself to god now if thats what idiots chooose to belive so be it, i am not gonna make anyone stop following there religieon just laugh at how when the time comes can they actualy call them selves good or evil, those who believe and break a rule like not going to see there elderly father then he dies that same day, they beleive to be a sin and there for they would go to hell because they believe and accnoledge they have sinned where as myself i could live a life filled with sin, but if i choose not to ackknowledge it as sin how would "God" know i have sinned, because one can only be judges by ones soul and mind so if i blatently lie st peter right in the face, well not lie but because i donot achknowlegde what ive done as sin, i can go free.

So yeah thats what i think.

2. Tsuyu

Tsuyu is wearing Queen's lace panties. Staff Member

Trophies:
    Re: Religeon.

You do know there are more religions than Christianity? Sounds like you're ranting about Christianity exclusively, yet you choose the word "religion".

3. Arseface

Arseface Look at me still talking when theres science to do Legendary Hero

Trophies:

Who cares about religion. I agree with what you said (only with better grammer), but people can do whatever they want with their lives and who am I to tell them what to do? I've got plenty of good mates who are Christians and I don't think any less of them because of that.

I say live and let live.

4. Register or log in to browse without ads.

5. Firis

Firis Amateur Human Platinum Supporter Legendary Hero

Trophies:

I agree with the above two... Goku I do not agree with you with 99.99% of that... though that is a weird concept at the end but it kinda makes sense :)

6. Wonderfoole WINO

Wonderfoole WINO Schizoid Misanthopist

Trophies:

*sniff sniff* oh, i smell a religion argument in the making. you are gonna get baaaaaaaashed. but not by me. i have chosen to restrain myself from participating in the discussions (that inevitibly result in mindless flaming and arguing) like this. so i wont be giving my opinion on this topic. although i am tempted. to each his own, live and let live. well, live and leave me the **** alone would apply more accuratly to me. little joke there (and a hint at my veiw on religion). *cough*
    atheist
    *cough* *hack* eckem, k thats all im gonna say. please only click that if can accept my opinion and leave me alone about it.

ah nuts, gotta get up for stupid work in 4 hours. stupid morning shifts, always starting at 6am and then my boss bitches at me for being a few minits late but its only 6am so who gives a **** if i come in at 6:07 not like there are many customers at this hour im sure nobody will miss me if i take the time to get something to eat befor i go to my crappy job for another 8 hour shift that will inevitably end up being more like 10 hours and all you people can do is complain about me being a little late even though you would be skrewed without me and i couldnt care less if you fired me right now cuz then i could at least find the time to go back to school and *continues to mutter incoheirently about his job that he is getting fed up with mostly cuz its so friggin busy cuz of thanksgiving on the way and thats why my holiday spirit has been permenently killed and ** dicides to stop muttering within his muttering.** you still reading this? well good for you. your almost done now.*congrats.

^lol holy run-on sentence!

*fine print: TJ Griffin should not be taken to seriously, please do not bother TJ Griffin if you have complaints about his own personal opinions. TJ Griffin does not tell you what to think, please do not tell TJ Griffin what to think. TJ Griffin has had enough experience arguing on the forums and has no further intrest in it. thank you and have a nice day.

*fine fine print: in wishing you a nice day TJ Griffin does not in any way ganentee or even attempt to provide you with a nice day. TJ Griffin takes no responsablily for the quality of your day. TJ Griffin does not really care how your day turns out and only said that because thas what people mindlessly say now days, that is also what working in retail has programed TJ Griffin to say to even the most obnoctious and irritating people that he wishes much harm to because they are a pain in the ass and have no regards to weather or not they are inturupting or delaying his break. TJ Griffin hates you annying customers with a passion. why cant you people just buy the products as they are? TJ Griffin has no control over what the company does, TJ Griffin is just an inocent clerk with no real power. leave TJ Griffin alone. TJ Griffin likes refering to himself in the third person and making all his stupid pointless posts sound like the legal mumbo jumbo that you hear really fast at the end of commercials. TJ Griffin also really hates his job, as you can no doubt tell. Please, leave TJ Griffin and other inocent retail clerks alone, we can only restrain our murderous instincts for so long before we snap. please do not try to make small talk with TJ Griffin while he is at work, TJ Griffin does not care about what you have to say and TJ Griffin also has work to do, so please get your **** and get out. TJ Griffin already gets enough **** from management, and does not need any more coming from other sorces like friggin annoying customers.

TJ Griffin only had about a gallon of coffe to eat today, and no break cuz it was so busy at work. TJ Griffin hates his job and is overcranked on caffein and its almost 2am and i gottta get up and 5am and i have no idea what i just typed! *deep breathing*

holy friggin thread hijacking job hating ranting! if you injoyed that, please give me rep. :D and if you actually had the pateince to read all that, i commend you on a job done.

7. ScareCrowReturn

ScareCrowReturn The Token Schizo Legendary Hero

Trophies:

Haha Religion, Their will always be a right and wrong, a yes and no to this Topic. In this Toopic everyone is right and everyone is wrong... because guess what guys.. the answer is.. ITS YOUR OPINION!

I Am Neither Against Religion or I Am Religious.. I have nothing against Religious people until they try to make me Religous and say they are correct and that you will suffer if you dont believe us..

But other then that Religion is perfectly fine..

Those who have a big erge to go around and tell people they are wrong for what they believe in they should just go get a life..

8. Dagzey

Dagzey Sith Lord

Trophies:

It is the cause of wars, and makes goody 2shoe self rightious pricks out of people. i've hear muslims say that if there was no religion, people would not know right from wrong, have no morals and the world will go into chaos. for starters, people invented religion, and decided what was right and what was wrong. morals are a point of view, and can be negative or positive. to kill is a sin, but apparently, its ok to kill in the name of god. adultery is a sin, but some religions allow multiple spouses. same sex relationships are frowned upon in many religions, yet many catholic priests molest young boys on a regular basis, which makes them peadophiles, who are worse than murderers IMO, and they hide behind the wall of religion like cowards. i could go on forever, but i won't. don't get me wrong, i have nothing against religious people or their beliefs personally, and most religious people i know are beautiful people, but, those religius types who look down on others for not sharing their beliefs really $h!t me to tears, and the ones who come door your door at 8am on saturday morning to sell you a 'Watchtower' magazine annoy the fcuk out of me

9. ScareCrowReturn

ScareCrowReturn The Token Schizo Legendary Hero

Trophies:

^ Is there really a right and wrong though?

To have a right you must have a wrong so it must be good to have a wrong..

See... ITS OPINION you cannot argue and OPINION you will just stick to your OPINION. you can PERSUADE thats different to ARGUE.. So yeah.. Really poiintless Thread..

I use to be a person who hated religion and just thought my side is right. (Which it is) haha!

But then if you Open your eyes a bit more and look on both sides of the issue you will find out that its not they're both wrong or right its just the way it is and it makes Life what it is now.. so Be happy with it.

10. Wolfie

Wolfie Guest

Well I personally believe in "god" (of some kind) but not religon (for all the the reasons previously mentioned).
    I know lots of religous people who are really great but the one's who arn't are just...terrible and I think that if "god" looks at these people he/she/it is very ashamed of them. Just the opposite to what they think ^_^ Sad isn't it?
    Of course this is all personal opinion and I could be going to hell or whatever...meh screw it. I will live my life the way I want to, do what I know is right and block my ears to anyone who trys to tell me otherwise. This is my life and I will live it according to my values, not the ones someone made up and proceeds to try to shove down my throat.

Speech over :)

11. Arseface

Arseface Look at me still talking when theres science to do Legendary Hero

Trophies:

God damn Jesus close this thread before it turns into that other religion thread we had.

That died in the arse, let me tell you.

Oh and if this thread gets off the ground, I will be getting involved. It's like giving alcohol to an alcoholic. They know it's gonna end badly but they can't say nooo.

12. Dagzey

Dagzey Sith Lord

Trophies:

^amen to that, lol

13. Skotekal

Skotekal Sheeple President Legendary Hero

Trophies:

True. As soon as you talk about religion, this happens. Oh well.

14. Angel

Angel Lag makes me violent Staff Member Guildmaster

Trophies:

The bobble head, it speaks to me.....and it says perhaps we shall see where this goes before we do a lock-down. Although I am expecting a full-on "all religious people are morons" style thread in about...oooh...three pages from now?

Anyone who has bothered to take the time to know my views rather than whack a label on the Big Bad Christian Admin will know I'm no fan of religion, but I'm a strong believer in faith.

Make of that what you will :)

15. Skotekal

Trophies:

I wasn't saying religion was bad, I was trying to do a little quote off of John saying that as soon as religion is talked about, it is not the right one according to another belief.

16. Cobalt Gamer

Trophies:

I have nothing against religeon, i have somthing against the fact my mum is a mormon and i have these guys who come see her try and convert me, i tell them to back off, they say im going to hell and try harder the next time, but in all fariness all religeon is the same (hear my out before you go all thats bull****!) it was just a way of instilling fear into the unsuspecting populouse, trying to build a better world where everyone belived this so didnt comit a crime and so forth, but it just got copied and made less and less sense everytime it did :D if that made any sense you really are "gifted from god" XP

17. Angel

Trophies:

Don't know much about Mormons, to be honest with you. I know that if I had to sit down and talk with one of them we would clash horribly on many points of theology and basic principles of Christianity, but then I'm like that :P

My personal view on religion is not so dissimilar from yours - there are good and bad elements to anything of that nature which is organised and unfortunately there will always be someone willing to twist things in order to get what they want out of a situation. A very common example is that anyone can train to be a vicar but do not need to have any sort of personal belief or faith in God whatsoever - just say the right things and wave your hands around, get good grades at bible college and bam! One ordination - and would you like fries with that?

Ok, so I'm being a tad facetious there - but it's true. And then those idiots who do horrendous things to kids, the vulnerable and the poor are seen as representative of whichever religion they come from...which is wholly unfair.

Even the less mainstream religions get a bad name because of the few aggressive or messed up nutjobs who get in the spotlight and make a mess of things.

Take how people react to Muslims - it annoys me so much because until the end of 2006 I spent my entire life living with Muslim neighbours with varying degrees of devotion to Allah and the ways of Islam. Nevertheless, not one of them condones terrorism, not one of them preaches death to the West yet all are villified because of the actions of those who have completely misunderstood the Qu'ran.

Then you've got your Westboro' Baptist Headcases who are seen as representative of the Baptist church - or even worse, all churches - and then suddenly every Christian on the planet hates gays, bombs abortion clinics and burns divorcees at the stake :rolleyes:

No offence to people here, but the majority of people who have an issue with religion (usually meaning either the Christians or the Muslims, let's be honest here) are those who have either had a bad experience or have heard/read/seen something which is not only biased but also depicted as "fact". I would recommend to anyone seriously against whichever God applies taking some serious time to learn about belief systems before bashing them out of hand based on someone else's opinions. By all means, hate all religion and all believers - but at least do some homework first.

Problem is, that sort of research takes time and dedication - and not many people in the world are prepared to take the risk that their initial assessment could maybe, potentially, possibly not quite be what they conclude by the end.

18. Skotekal

Trophies:

Whoa, so long... :wacko:

For me, I am just going to stay agnostic. Too many religions that are too pushy. :P

19. Angel

Trophies:

Spoilered for your convenience. I'll probably delete it later anyways...

20. Cobalt Gamer

Trophies:

I totaly agree, i am definartly not trying to say religeon is a bad thing, i mean i know a few people who beleive in this religeon or another, though i know some other people who are being forced by there parents to belive in stuff i find that sad, its like how vegitarian parents force there values onto there kids, it really does make me ****ing sick (excuse my language) i mean my mum doesnt push me to be a mormon, but she doesnt do anything when her churchs elders try and force me to beleive what they want, and the whole jewish thing, once a jewish person has a child they have no choice than to be jewish its just wrong.

21. Cobalt Gamer

Trophies:

^ by that have no choice i ment they have there you know what snippy snipped hard to explain to pople no?