• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resource: Creature Data Dump

Precipice

Reaction score
I found it difficult to research data entries in Fable Explorer and needed a kind of cheat sheet. So I made one.

Includes three text documents containing tab-delimited data, for copying and pasting into your favorite spreadsheet program. Also included is an xlsx document, which is all the same data in three worksheets.

Some boring stuff:
The process was less than fun, requiring an initial dump from Chocolate Box, merging the files with Command Prompt, a lot of liberal and creative use between Grep, Excel, Hex Workshop, and Notepad2, including some very unpleasant manual tooling around with. The most frustrating part is that with all the effort it took, it would have been only a little more difficult to do this with all the entries instead of just creatures, but hindsight is 20/20. Anyway it's done now.

I'm not familiar enough with the tools or the game to know the best way to make the data presentable. This is a limitation of my skill, true, but in no small part due to the way the game handles data which is, to be polite, a complete clusterfuck. Someone with more knowledge and/or skill can use this as a foundation from which a better reference can be created, if anyone should feel so inclined.

Some columns may be mislabeled for the main entries but the ctc and cdef data is 100% accurate; I have taken great pains to ensure this.

What it does: Nothing. It's just semi-organized data. It's a reference from which inferences can be made. To mod-users, useless. To modders, essential for learning more about how this game is designed and how to better manipulate the data. If anyone has suggestions on how to better present this data, I'm all ears.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/LvaxBqA.png
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Xv5v4pTo2vV282UHB2VjhfNWc/view

It may be more interesting (and easier) to do this with cdef data, so I'll probably move onto that next.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Very nice work there, I don't really have any other advice to offer from where I'm looking. I'm not experienced with Chocolate Box, but if those prefixes are your doing then that is a really nice touch. Digging through other games' character data (like Bethesda's CK/Geck) without any organized prefixes/suffixes is a major pain in my ass especially when the various ID numbers are located somewhere else and you have to fly all over the place for 'em.

So I'm sure this will be a godsend to those that need it, thanks for the contribution man.