• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rewatching Dragonball Z.

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score
So, I just started watching DBZ again when I got a bunch of the seasons on dvd for christmas, and I have to say it is still just as amazing as I remembered it.. I finished watching four seasons of it already, and I feel the need to go get the rest of them lol..

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Ive rewatched every episode and they are brilliant, been watching the new remastered versions too and keeping tabs on the weekly updates.

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah.. I just love that series so much. Something about the Bruce Faulconer music, and the atmosphere..

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I started rewatching the series a little while back. I didn't start from the beginning though. I was never extremely interested in the Saiyan saga or the Frieza saga, so I started when Trunks came from the future and sliced up Frieza. I got through all of it, and then I started watching GT, which I hadn't actually watched before. I just played the GT missions on DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on my friend's Wii, and I read stuff on the DBZ wiki about GT, so my knowledge of it was a little limited. Unlike most people, I liked the parts that I watched. I got complacent and stopped watching it once Fable 3 and TFU2 came out though. :lol: I'll have to pick it up sometime soon though. I got to the part when Baby got to Earth.

If you want to watch more DBZ after you finish your DVDs, go here.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
I came here souly to say "OVER 9000!!!"

Carry on.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I started rewatching the series a little while back. I didn't start from the beginning though. I was never extremely interested in the Saiyan saga or the Frieza saga, so I started when Trunks came from the future and sliced up Frieza. I got through all of it, and then I started watching GT, which I hadn't actually watched before. I just played the GT missions on DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on my friend's Wii, and I read stuff on the DBZ wiki about GT, so my knowledge of it was a little limited. Unlike most people, I liked the parts that I watched. I got complacent and stopped watching it once Fable 3 and TFU2 came out though. :lol: I'll have to pick it up sometime soon though. I got to the part when Baby got to Earth.

If you want to watch more DBZ after you finish your DVDs, go here.

I liked the Frieza Saga but GT i didnt really like very much. Sagas were to short, most the enemies were poorly designed and ruined some of the theories in DBZ (introducing new forums and ruining Vegeta).

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I liked the Frieza Saga but GT i didnt really like very much. Sagas were to short, most the enemies were poorly designed and ruined some of the theories in DBZ (introducing new forums and ruining Vegeta).

It's not that I disliked the Saiyan saga or the Frieza saga, it's just that I was always more interested in the later half of DBZ. And I will admit that the black star dragon ball saga in GT was a bit slow and sometimes unexciting, but it started to get better for me as Baby showed up. I've also seen clips from other parts of GT, and I liked them a lot, so I have higher hopes for the rest of the series. I will say that DBZ is better as a show though.

Also, are you guys into any of the DBZ movies? I absolutely love The Wrath of the Dragon and Broly's first movie.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
It's not that I disliked the Saiyan saga or the Frieza saga, it's just that I was always more interested in the later half of DBZ. And I will admit that the black star dragon ball saga in GT was a bit slow and sometimes unexciting, but it started to get better for me as Baby showed up. I've also seen clips from other parts of GT, and I liked them a lot, so I have higher hopes for the rest of the series. I will say that DBZ is better as a show though.

Also, are you guys into any of the DBZ movies? I absolutely love The Wrath of the Dragon and Broly's first movie.

Wrath of the Dragon was a great film, and im planning on buying the Broly Triple Threat movies soon. GT was ok, but not as good as Z, im also hoping to get the season box set along with the movie (forgets name). The one with Goku Jr. About Vegeta, I feel they did this just to give him some kind of role and build up to the battle against Omega Shenron. Sort of like they did with Majin Vegeta.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah i enjoyed the movies too, except maybe the Bio-Broly one, i didnt like the idea of that and looked like they were running out of ideas.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
To be honest, as much as I love it.
<-- Obviously.

I never finished the Dragonball series, about half way through Boo I got annoyed and left, it felt like Lucky Star mixed with Naruto. But DMZ is easily in my top 10 shows and top 3 cartoons.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Yeah i enjoyed the movies too, except maybe the Bio-Broly one, i didnt like the idea of that and looked like they were running out of ideas.

Yea, I know exactly what you mean. That's the only one I didn't like much, but I suppose I'd still watch it again.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
No love for the original Dragon Ball here?

Been watching Dragon Ball Kai as well as my yellow Dragon Boxes, good times.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
No love for the original Dragon Ball here?

Dragon Ball will always be loved. It's just that it got even better as it progressed and turned into DBZ. I think what really set DBZ apart from Dragon Ball was the huge focus on Saiyans and different Super Saiyan levels. That's what made it for me anyway.

Been watching Dragon Ball Kai as well as my yellow Dragon Boxes, good times.

Kai is pretty cool. I haven't watched a ton of it, but I liked the bits that I saw. The only problem is that I cringe every time I hear Gohan's new voice. It's awful.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Dragon Ball will always be loved. It's just that it got even better as it progressed and turned into DBZ. I think what really set DBZ apart from Dragon Ball was the huge focus on Saiyans and different Super Saiyan levels. That's what made it for me anyway.

That and the extra violence, more serious approach, and general epicness. :p

I've lost count of how many times I've rewatched the series, but I'm trying to get Drakan to watch Dragon Ball.. but, it's proving difficult to near impossible.. :p he's so damn stubborn, the bits he saw were too goofy for his taste. Poor guy doesn't know what he's missing.

Necromancer11 said:
Kai is pretty cool. I haven't watched a ton of it, but I liked the bits that I saw. The only problem is that I cringe every time I hear Gohan's new voice. It's awful.

I know what you mean, it's taking me awhile to get used to Gohan's new voice as well and Jeice's new voice was rather disappointing to say the least. But, I love Frieza's new voice, it fits him so perfectly, my only concern at this point is the new voice for Cell and whether or not Android 17 got a new voice actor. The new voice actor for Cell can be heard in the Raging Blast games but I haven't played either one yet.. so I don't know what he sounds like.

What also impresses me with the new English dubbing for Kai is the large amount of effort the FUNimation voice team has put into it this time around compared to the past, background characters no longer have those cringe-worthy goofy voices like they stepped out of a Sesame Street cartoon, there's more feeling put into their acting thus making the show feel rather emotional at certain parts. ... I get lost in it sometimes.

I'm wondering though if FUNimation will also do a redubbing of the original DBZ with this new team. Especially since FUNi & Toei just announced they'll be releasing Dragon Ball, Z, and GT in their original form for free streaming on the 15th of this month on their websites.

Lucky Strike

Reaction score
my knowledge here is more basic BUT I always liked the beggining.. up till dragonball z i think.. there was a grean guy like an insect :p I stopped watching then :)

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
my knowledge here is more basic BUT I always liked the beggining.. up till dragonball z i think.. there was a grean guy like an insect :p I stopped watching then :)
Believe it or not, there's an entire planet full of insects.

Lucky Strike

Reaction score
lol! I'll try to find it and watch it once again.. all of it.. soon i'll restart sailor moon :D the japanesse version though as the english one was altered a lot so it could be watched from kids.. GRRRRRRRRRR