• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Romances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arainai

Reaction score
Romances?

I was reading a preview of Fable 3, and it said that the character voiced by Simon Pegg is availble for the ladies as a romance option.

Could my fangirl prayers be answered? Will there be meaningful relationships in this game? And more importantly, will Reaver be one of the romance options?

Tell me what you guys think!:D

Reaction score
Re: Romances?

Arainai;404462 said:
I was reading a preview of Fable 3, and it said that the character voiced by Simon Pegg is availble for the ladies as a romance option.

Could my fangirl prayers be answered? Will there be meaningful relationships in this game? And more importantly, will Reaver be one of the romance options?

Tell me what you guys think!:D

o_O Why would you want the ever-so-low Reaver to be an available romance option, may I ask? And, I was unaware that Simon Pegg was voicing for Fable 3!! What is he doing? :p

Arainai

Reaction score

Umm...I don't know what character Simon Pegg is.

Reaver is one of those characters where you love him or hate him. I just like him, I think he and an evil Sparrow would make a good couple.

Reaction score

Arainai;404464 said:
Reaver is one of those characters where you love him or hate him. I just like him, I think he and an evil Sparrow would make a good couple.

If Reaver was real, I would pinch him so hard that I'd leave a mark..... Then tell him how hard I'd pinched him...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arainai;404464 said:

Arainai;404462 said:

Just out of curiosity, where do you see "Reaver" and "Meaningful relationship" melding well at all? Reaver kinda ****ed everything that moved and occasionally murdered them afterwards. Not exactly high romance.

But yeah, Fable romance has generally been about as meaningful as a knockoff Hallmark card, so I have very low expectations. "Here!" says the Hero. "I shall play my lute, dance like a cossack, play with sock puppets, and you shall fall madly in love with me and bear many children! And then ***** at me that you want sex every five seconds when running back and listening to you go "I felt Albion move" over and over again got old roughly five seconds into the first repetition."

Not that I'm bitter, or anything.

Arainai

Reaction score

When I said meanigful, I meant more than a heart above everyones head. In all truth, the only reason I got married in the second game was to either sacrifice them to the Temple of Shadows, or to add continuity for the carry over to Fable 3. I hope they mean more to the player than "I shall dance and you shall wed me!!"

As for Reaver, true, I never thought about the aspect of a 'serious relationship' with him, but a chance to snog would be a nice bonus.

Reaction score

Arainai;404591 said:
When I said meanigful, I meant more than a heart above everyones head. In all truth, the only reason I got married in the second game was to either sacrifice them to the Temple of Shadows, or to add continuity for the carry over to Fable 3. I hope they mean more to the player than "I shall dance and you shall wed me!!"

As for Reaver, true, I never thought about the aspect of a 'serious relationship' with him, but a chance to snog would be a nice bonus.

I take it you want to be the one to show Reaver how to love, might work but then again You would have to be pretty special for Reaver to love you, because last time I checked Reaver doesn't love.

Arainai

Reaction score

I think Reaver has a heart, deep down inside. He just chooses to keep it hidden. After all, he did love the girl from his dairy, and I think that if he wanted, he could have a meaningful relationship. Just my opinion, though.

Also, I think it would take more than a gunshot to kill a Hero. I mean, Sparrow died twice, once shot out a tower and once shot at point blank range, and she/he is still here.

Reaction score

Arainai;404869 said:
Also, I think it would take more than a gunshot to kill a Hero. I mean, Sparrow died twice, once shot out a tower and once shot at point blank range, and she/he is still here.

Either way, I don't like him... But, when did Sparrow get shot at point-blank range?

Arainai

Reaction score

On Hero Hill, when Lucien shot him/her. He was only like a foot away.

MournfulStorms

*Snerk*
Reaction score

^ Yeah, but Lucien shot the Hero right after that, which is what triggers the 'Perfect World' bit.

Reaction score

MournfulStorms;405161 said:
^ Yeah, but Lucien shot the Hero right after that, which is what triggers the 'Perfect World' bit.

Oh yes, I now remember lol.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

I think the game needed the relationship to be more than just a heart. Otherwise, it's nothing more than going to your home to the same CPU and having sexual intercourse with them. Keeping them happy is also an easy task, so that upgrade in Fable 2 was useless.

However, finding love in the game and having a lot of meaning to it shouldn't be a main goal in the game. Then keeping a lot of attention to your partner is tough in a quest game like Fable. Especially since ( which I'm predicting what will happen ) the 3 year skips that happen during the game.

I suggest Lionhead Studios have heroes love heroes so your lover can come with you during the quest. It also leaves a multiplier option available.
:)

Reaction score

Triz;405204 said:

I suggest Lionhead Studios have heroes love heroes so your lover can come with you during the quest. It also leaves a multiplier option available.
:)

I'm pretty sure that is actually an option, Peter Molyneux said something very similar and along those lines in an interview.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Is Triz talking about NPC heroes or about your online fellow-Heroes?

I've heard a yes on the second, nothing about the first.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Walker;405217 said:
Is Triz talking about NPC heroes or about your online fellow-Heroes?

I've heard a yes on the second, nothing about the first.
You should be able to marry who every you want. Really, you should be able to marry NPC heroes. NPC heroes will always be there unlike if you marry a online friend.

Reaction score

Hopefully this time I won't get 10+ people people wont walk up to My character while I'm with My spouse asking for a wedding ring, that just wound me up to the max.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

I wish they would take a different tack on the whole marriage/romance thing. I would be happy with less marriable characters and have those characters be more fleshed out rather than generic NPCs.

Like in Quest for Glory 5. You have 3 (or was it 4?) potential brides, but each of them have a unique personality. Makes it much more interesting to get married.

Status
Not open for further replies.