• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RROD

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score
RROD

It has finally happened to me. The red ring of death. Totally freaked me. First my lap top breaks and now this. Why oh why is this happening? :(

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Re: RROD

happens to everyone Im sorry to say. yes its a terrible terrible thing when you turn on your beloved xbox and it lights up red. :(

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;288245 said:
happens to everyone Im sorry to say. yes its a terrible terrible thing when you turn on your beloved xbox and it lights up red. :(
Mine was already on when the game froze and then the ring. I couldn't get my game out, and the xbox wouldn't shut off. I had to unplug the back of it It was just stuck.:(

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

jeez that sucks. one day I just turned mine on and it died right then and there. later I found out that I put my xbox in the worst place possible where it couldnt breath. try pluging it back in and opening it. you should at least be able to remove the game.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Yeah I did that and now it's green again. I don't know what to do now. I bet it has some damage, from it freezing up. I am confused.:(

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Is your 360 still within its warranty period? Microsoft will repair your 360 for free if so.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

My friend had the RROD the other day however only got the 1 Ring (not covered by the warranty). So i suggested the towel trick to see if that would give it the 3 rings so he could get it fixed for free. However after doing it he left the console a while and let it cool and now it works fine again, no rings. So turns out it was win win either way. :lol:

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

projectego;288260 said:
Is your 360 still within its warranty period? Microsoft will repair your 360 for free if so.
No. It expired , it seems they lost my extended warranty.:(
It has ruined 3 of my games.o_O

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

moonfever;288266 said:
It has ruined 2 of my games, maybe 3. It was already giving problems,:'(

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

moonfever;288266 said:
It has ruined 3 of my games. And the sound hasn't been right.:wacko:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

moonfever;288266 said:
It has ruined 3 of my games.o_O

If you register for repair on Xbox.com and put your serial number in then you should be able to get it fixed for free that way. Thats what i did anyway as it originally said that my warranty had expired even though i hadnt owned it for the full 3 years. However after putting that the problem was the 3 red rings in the problem section the warranty status changed to 'In Warranty'.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

RROD is 3 rings isn't it? Try unplugging everything and leaving it to cool for at least 2 hours. Then plug everything back in and make sure they're in properly and try again. If that doesn't work, send it off to Germany :(

Oh yeah, I'm not sure if this is a 3 ring problem, but if you're using an adapter thing (where you plug into the wall and it gives you like 6 other plugs) there might not be enough power going to the xbox. Turn off the console, unplug something that isn't being useful and turn the console back on.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Urahara;288292 said:
RROD is 3 rings isn't it?

Not always no, can also be one red ring. This one isnt covered by the extended warranty though (as i said in a previous post).

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;288295 said:
Not always no, can also be one red ring. This one isnt covered by the extended warranty though (as i said in a previous post).

Really? Mine was.

o-o

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tyloric;288297 said:
Really? Mine was.

o-o

My friend had the single red ring and called Microsoft and they said it wasnt covered in the extended warranty and he would have to pay £80 for the repair (can get new console for around £110-£120). Which is why i told him to do the technique i referred to in earlier post.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

Remove the red L.E.D
No more red ring. :ninja:

Only death! :(

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

That sucks, I havent had it yet, but I probably will... I will always have my sweet trusting, caring PC to carry me through the absence of 360ism... I would quite miss the 8 year olds on WaW screaming out noobish phrases like "Oh I pwned you idiot!" when they are in last place or the ever so popular "Wigger kids that play Eminem through their mics because their parents arent home" kids... But at least I can see a kid type "OMG lol XD EXTREME HAXORZ!" over Halo PC, well actually I cant even see that anymore, my game has something wrong, no matter how many times I reinstall it I dont get that white text in online games. :(

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Never technically had the RROD. I think only 1 and 3 rings can be the RROD. 2 is an overheat, and 4 is usually the A/V cable is unplugged. Guess my baby just was overused. Kept getting the over heat rings.

And try the towel trick. Usually doesn't work for more than a few days, but worth a shot.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;288295 said:
I had 2 red rings on the left. Still trying to find my extended warranty.:unsure:

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

mine one rings sometimes.
also sometimes when i first boot it up it won't pick up any controllers or run the dashboard
however a simple reboot fixes both of those problems :p