• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rukishou's Signature Thread

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
So I was playing the Final Fantasy XIV beta (yes, this is actually relevant) and when it was just about to end, me and a bunch of friends and people I didn't know at all got together in Ul'dah and had an emote party. OK it wasn't that lame, but yeah we got together and talked and laughed. We laughed a lot. Anyway, my friend got a pretty cute picture of our characters together and even though I know he's really a dude, I decided to make a signature of it.

250793-HI7AE6S.png

I wasn't really that proud of it, but I used it. For a while. Then the Fable III trailers started coming and even though at first I wasn't planning on doing anything really about it (except get my Fable III hype higher than ever besides when I first found it on Amazon, listed for release October 2010), but after a certain thread about Fable III signatures spawned I decided to make one after all.

--------------------------------------------------

250802-04RSV85.png

It's the one I use now (as you can see below, duh) and not only was I very proud of it--even though it's simple--it sparked an interest within me to make more signatures. I've always liked doing graphical design in Photoshop, not to say that I've been that good at it or really even tried that hard (I've done a few good-looking things, but they were all just an image and some text with a stroke... maybe coupled with a fade from time to time) so I wasn't that overwhelmed by a new program or anything.

248960-VGZ1AF3.png

I made the Fable III signature maybe a week ago, I don't really remember, but my spree really only started a few days ago with this Fallout 3 signature. I wanted the top of the Brotherhood of Steel member to stick out, using transparency and stuff, but I couldn't find a good render nor make one myself, but I'm please with the end result as it is.

249272-X6H1L8C.png

I think I made this one either a few hours after the previous sig or the day after (which I think would be yesterday) and though I like the Fallout 3 one the best so far (graphically, that is--my real favorite is the one I currently use, the Fable III sig). It's of Cloud, obviously, from Final Fantasy VII. The grayed-out Cloud is from Kingdom Hearts, and I don't know why he has a wing... Wings.

250787-1V34SCX.png

I made this one just now. Might have been thirty or so minutes ago now, since lengthy posts like these take a while to write... Anyway, I like the work I did on the text but other than that I'm no more proud of this one than the earlier ones. Not that I don't like it, but still that's not my favorite version of Natsu (the guy in the picture from the manga Fairy Tail) but it was the best render I could find (I still had to cut off the tip of his left--right for the viewer--foot though). This was my fifth signature so I decided I would make a thread like this to keep them together, and to... I don't know, show off? Not that I mean to brag. XD

Made on October 20th, 2010

271464-SV0IJBI.png
I made this one just now because... well... LIBERATE THE POULTRY!
Made on November 8th, 2010

This is not a request-a-signature thread, but if you do request something I feel I can do--and want to do--I might do it, so don't hesitate if you really want one.
:)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
the last one is definitely the best.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
the last one is definitely the best.
You think? I don't think it's bad, but I really like the Fallout 3 one better. I know, different tastes whatever, but still. Of course, it might just be that I love seeing my name next to that mafioso Vault-boy. Also Brotherhood of Steel are kick-ass. lol

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
You think? I don't think it's bad, but I really like the Fallout 3 one better. I know, different tastes whatever, but still. Of course, it might just be that I love seeing my name next to that mafioso Vault-boy. Also Brotherhood of Steel are kick-ass. lol
the fallout one is good, but speaking honestly there are some aspects to it that make it look more amature. the gradient at the bottom for one, doesn't look horribly stylized really. it's kind of minimalistic and plain considering the background is such an epic and intense screenshot.
the bottom one appears simple, but it has style. the little flame logo is a nice touch, and the way the character is positioned it literally looks like he's just sitting inside the dimensions more or less. excellent use of dimension by having one arm hanging over the back, and having one foot in and one foot out. none of them are horribly complicated, but that bottom one shows how to do a simple signature the right way most of all. something a lot of starting people here should start learning is simple =/= less work. i'd argue it requires more work, as you have to make up for how unstylized it is in an imaginative way that doesn't complicate.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
the fallout one is good, but speaking honestly there are some aspects to it that make it look more amature. the gradient at the bottom for one, doesn't look horribly stylized really. it's kind of minimalistic and plain considering the background is such an epic and intense screenshot.
the bottom one appears simple, but it has style. the little flame logo is a nice touch, and the way the character is positioned it literally looks like he's just sitting inside the dimensions more or less. excellent use of dimension by having one arm hanging over the back, and having one foot in and one foot out. none of them are horribly complicated, but that bottom one shows how to do a simple signature the right way most of all. something a lot of starting people here should start learning is simple =/= less work. i'd argue it requires more work, as you have to make up for how unstylized it is in an imaginative way that doesn't complicate.
I see. Well, personally I do like simplistic and neat styles, maybe that's why I like the Fallout 3 one (heck, that's probably why I made it that way). I had a hard time decided on if that white fade should be above or below the black fades that frames the signatures, but in the end I went with above.

As you know I'm new to this so I'm both experimenting and learning (and really, just having fun), but I'm thankful of your criticism. :)

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Nice collection, and I have to say that I do like the last one the best as well. The character/render suits in very nicely, though I guess the right (left in reality) foot's little cut-off was just a little mistake. The use of text is very nice there too; unique idea to give the top a blue colour, whilst maintaining the bottom as white. That, and the nice little touch of the flame to it, as aforementioned.

That said, what really bothers me about the Fallout signature is that the gradient and text is completely off on that one. You should have given the gradient either a colour that resembles the main colour parts of the render itself (such as a dark-green one), or should've reduced the opacity of it more. The text in the gradient is all right, I like it. But your username on there is not suiting, to be honest. You should've either changed the location of it, or reduce the font size. That would make it better, tenfold.

Note: this is my view upon the matter and shouldn't be endorsed by anyone per se, although that would be appreciated.

TRF

The Original Sparrow
Reaction score
Am I the only person who can't see any of the images?

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Nice collection, and I have to say that I do like the last one the best as well. The character/render suits in very nicely, though I guess the right (left in reality) foot's little cut-off was just a little mistake. The use of text is very nice there too; unique idea to give the top a blue colour, whilst maintaining the bottom as white. That, and the nice little touch of the flame to it, as aforementioned.

That said, what really bothers me about the Fallout signature is that the gradient and text is completely off on that one. You should have given the gradient either a colour that resembles the main colour parts of the render itself (such as a dark-green one), or should've reduced the opacity of it more. The text in the gradient is all right, I like it. But your username on there is not suiting, to be honest. You should've either changed the location of it, or reduce the font size. That would make it better, tenfold.

Note: this is my view upon the matter and shouldn't be endorsed by anyone per se, although that would be appreciated.
I wasn't going to have the gradient that opaque but much more transparent (which is also the reason the color is simply white and nothing that would really match the original picture) but I had to make it stronger so the hollowed out text would be readable all the way to the left. Now I wish I had worked a little longer on it to come up with something just a little better, but after working for quite some time already it looked fine to me and I ended up finishing there.

I think I didn't make the text smaller because I wanted the Vaultboy on the left to be visible. Either that or I wasn't paying enough attention, because I do see it now... >_<

Anyway thanks for your critique, I will keep it in mind whenever I make my next sig. Assuming I ever have the time to do so. :p

TRF

The Original Sparrow
Reaction score
Oh, I see them now. They're alright, but the text looks slapped on and they're so plain and basic.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Oh, I see them now. They're alright, but the text looks slapped on and they're so plain and basic.
That's kind of the point, since I love simplistic and neat design. Your signature is the same way really, it just has a smaller font. :p

TRF

The Original Sparrow
Reaction score
That's kind of the point, since I love simplistic and neat design. Your signature is the same way really, it just has a smaller font. :p
Well, mine isn't a screenshot or a one-color background. I did use a screenshot as a background, but I added a separate render, plus color layers, lighting effects, brushes, etc. My favorite ones of yours are the last two.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Well, mine isn't a screenshot or a one-color background. I did use a screenshot as a background, but I added a separate render, plus color layers, lighting effects, brushes, etc. My favorite ones of yours are the last two.
Your current one is even more monotone than most of mine are, but whatever. Don't get me wrong, I like it.

Bear in mind that these are the first five signatures I've ever made and I made them all in rapid succession. :p

TRF

The Original Sparrow
Reaction score
Your current one is even more monotone than most of mine are, but whatever. Don't get me wrong, I like it.
It may be monotone, but that has nothing to do with my criticism. My criticism is that your backgrounds are too simple. Try experimenting with filters, lighting effects, and brushes. Please don't take my criticism the wrong way, it's all meant to be helpful.

I do, think, however, that the Cloud one is perfect.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
It may be monotone, but that has nothing to do with my criticism. My criticism is that your backgrounds are too simple. Try experimenting with filters, lighting effects, and brushes. Please don't take my criticism the wrong way, it's all meant to be helpful.

I do, think, however, that the Cloud one is perfect.
No no, I'm thankful for the criticism, it will help me. Personally I like simplistic stuff and so, but also I'm not that experienced with advanced Photoshop techniques. I've used Photoshop for years and I've even done some pretty cool .gif animations with it (a long time ago, though) but I've never really learned much about brushes and filters and all that stuff.

Reactions: TRF

TRF

The Original Sparrow
Reaction score
No no, I'm thankful for the criticism, it will help me. Personally I like simplistic stuff and so, but also I'm not that experienced with advanced Photoshop techniques. I've used Photoshop for years and I've even done some pretty cool .gif animations with it (a long time ago, though) but I've never really learned much about brushes and filters and all that stuff.
What I recommend is searching up Photoshop tutorials online, and instead of paying attention to the whole tutorial, pay attention to each individual technique that is shown. That way you can combine smaller techniques to have better results.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
I love the chicken one!

I need to make a new sig for myself. Photoshop tutorials are a good way to get better at making signatures. I should start back up again too :D

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Oh right, I added a new signature! I realized I had made somewhat of a lame awesome catchphrase for myself there with the whole LIBERATE THE POULTRY thing, so I decided to make an awkward hilarious signature about it. Wonderful, isn't it? =w=

271464-SV0IJBI.png

Reactions: TRF

TRF

The Original Sparrow
Reaction score
It's not bad. A little big, and I'm not too keen of the text style on the top, but the text on the bottom works well. Good show.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
It's not bad. A little big, and I'm not too keen of the text style on the top, but the text on the bottom works well. Good show.
I would never use such a font if it weren't a Fable III reference. Well, I wanted the feel of those posters on the walls of Albion. Granted, this might have ended up a little more like something out of Red Dead Redemption, but at least that was my intention. :p

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
All of those sigs are just pictures with text slapped on them, mostly. I'm not seeing a lot of effort.