• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[RUMOR] Possible Fable III cover

What do you think of the cover artwork?

• Keep this cover

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score
[RUMOR] Possible Fable III cover

Fable-III_X360_BOX-tempboxart_160w.jpg

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/object/143/14328887/Fable-III_X360_BOX-tempboxart_160w.jpg

It is a prototype or temporary cover (not final art)

but from that little image in the corner, it means Lionhead have taken this image to account, i think it's a bit early to be the final.

But think of it this way: This cover COULD of been Fable III cover. It is a peacefull cover. Meaning Fable III might have a peacefull atmosphere.

Anyway whats your view on the cover, would you rather keep it with the traditional covers. Personally i would rather this.

Edit: Mods can you add a poll.. Please :alien:

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: [RUMOR] Possible Fable III cover

I have mixed feelings about the cover. I love this one, and when I saw it, it completely made me forget that there is a traditional kind of box art because it was so awesome. But personally, I am one for traditional things like that, so it's hard to decide.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

I think they should not use that one, there's something missing about it, it's a little to bright I guess, maybe with slightly darker colors insted of gold, which is the same color as the title, that throws me off it.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

very meh... not like Lion head to have bland art....

Cain

Reaction score

its good but it dosen't go with fable. Fable is all about choices and the first two games reflected this on their covers. Now with Fable 3 having you as a king, it will be more likely to have a good king and instead of a relfection of himself in the water below him its an evil king.

Harbinger

Reaction score

I agree with the white knight, the cover has to be the same theme as fable 1 and 2.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

they usually have the neutral hero on the cover...

Cain

Reaction score

I was just using the good hero as an example for Fable III

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

that covver could be possible, but it'd have to be split in the middle, one side green and full of life, the other with dead scenery. then the hero could be in the center, split in two sides like the other two covers

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

^That's a really great idea. That would allow for reflecting the decision making that Fable has, and it would be much more appropriate for Fable 3 since you'll be the king/queen, and you'll be in charge of the fate of each region.

Fast7

The Infection/Cure
Reaction score

looks really good, and hopefully that is what it will be but i doubt it :(

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score

Doesn't really capture what Fable 3 is alleged to be about... nice, but not embodying what the over two covers have in their games.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

hobbes_pwn;343616 said:
Edit: Mods can you add a poll.. Please :alien:

What poll options would you like?

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;343773 said:
What poll options would you like?

Keep this cover, or stick to the traditional Fable cover, and other

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

hobbes_pwn;343792 said:
Keep this cover, or stick to the traditional Fable cover, and other

Poll added. ^_^

black.

There's Blood In The Water
Reaction score

This cover's decent, but I'd much prefer they stick to the traditional Fable cover style. Man brought up a good idea, but I think having the Hero as a neutral King, with the good/evil alter egos also displayed, would be best.

Part of the Fable series is, as mentioned, choices, but also progression. If this idea was used, it'd show the Hero's progression from the first game through to the newest one. From pheasant to King. That's just my two cents. :)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i'm not a fan of this cover. while it looks amazing visually, try and imagine someone who is not very video game educated perusing the game shelf.... a beautiful landscape doesn't really "jump out" to people. a character shown half with horns and half as the savior of the fictional british isles....draws more attention? i realize it's unfair to say that most gamers judge a game by it's cover, but it's a definite truth for many.
the cover needs to have some action or character portrayal to draw sales... Of course it's fable, so people will be excited and preorder etc..but once the hype is over with, it'll just be another game on the shelf.

it's an amazing cover with a great landscape shot, but it needs to be something that screams "here's a game where i can damn a kingdom to dark ages or raise it to infinite prosperity"...rather than "look at the pretty picture!" IMO :lol:

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

I dont see why they dont have a mysterious figure on the cover, hiding the face of the person that is the main character in the game so people dont know what he/she what ever looks like, instead of giving it away.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

I th ink it should be a shot of the entirety of albion with two kings, one good, one evil. The kings should be clenching their teeth looking like they're getting ready to tackle each other, all the time shooting lightning through their fingers at eachother with both beams colliding. That would be sweet!

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score

I like the cover, but I kinda want to see another design of the good and evil side of a character like Fable 1 and 2 had.

Status
Not open for further replies.