• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Scythe = William Black?

TLC-FTW

Wearer of Jack's Mask
Reaction score
I'm sure you all have gotten this gist, but I'm going to ask anyway, have any of you guys got the feeling that Scythe was the legendary William Black? I personally kinda think he probably is, for the following reasons:

-William Black was said to be extremely drained and weakened from his battle with the QoB. Scythe was shown to be extremely worn, and had a frail body.

-William Black encased himself in Golden Armor and a Blue Robe and vanished. Centuries later, Scythe showed up with a tattered Blue Robe and bits of Golden Armor.

-Maze had said in TLC that Scythe was one of the greatest heroes Albion had ever seen before he lost his strength and became a bag of bones. (Reference point 1)

-Scythe appears to be Immortal, as he trained the first Guild-Master centuries ago, and was alive to encounter Rose in the Fable 2 "Love" ending. He was also extremely knowledgeable about the bloodline and about Jack.

So what do you guys think? Is Scythe the legendary William Black?

TLC-FTW

Wearer of Jack's Mask
Reaction score
I'm actually pretty sure it's him. I wonder if this will matter in Fable 4?

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure 95% of this forum's residents know that Scythe is indeed William Black.

But will it matter in Fable IV? Maybe. He hasn't been seen or heard from in both Fable III and Fable: The Journey. Who knows what happened to him. He might have died, in a similar fashion to how *SPOILER* the other known existing immortal died.

SPOILER

If you don't know who I'm talking about, its Theresa. It is however debatable as to whether she did die or merely just vanished at the end of The Journey.

TLC-FTW

Wearer of Jack's Mask
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. Reference to the first sentence of my post. ;)

Ah, I haven't played the Journey since we sold our Kinect before it came out. So yeah, I'm spoiled, but I don't care much. It's not like Fable is a world of great spoilers. The only good one had to be Maze's treachery, but yeah.