• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shenmue 3 Confirmed AND Funded!

Precipice

Reaction score
But he already confirmed via the original Kickstarter that Shenmue 4 will be happening, question is, who the hell will fund it next time?
Kickstarter isn't the only show in town anymore. I was thinking about Fig, which so far looks to do crowdsourcing differently. Instead of getting $10 from fans, it's more like $100000 from investors who in turn get a cut of the profits. Wonder what the stretch goals will be like when that's all fleshed out. If Shenmue 3 is half as amazing as everyone wants it to be, there's no way a sequel doesn't get investors lined up saying shut up and take my money if they're given the chance.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Kickstarter isn't the only show in town anymore. I was thinking about Fig, which so far looks to do crowdsourcing differently. Instead of getting $10 from fans, it's more like $100000 from investors who in turn get a cut of the profits. Wonder what the stretch goals will be like when that's all fleshed out. If Shenmue 3 is half as amazing as everyone wants it to be, there's no way a sequel doesn't get investors lined up saying shut up and take my money if they're given the chance.
Sounds interesting, although the only problem I have with this is the use of investors themselves. If it's anything like say publicly-traded companies where their content is influenced by said investors to appeal to them rather than the fans, it could end up backfiring... really, really badly.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Shenmue 3 is now an Epic Games Store Exclusive (at launch at least)

Below is a comment from Shenmue 3's Kickstarter page regarding the change to Epic Games Store exclusivity. It is worth noting here that a Steam version of Shenmue 3 was never promised on Kickstarter, the game's original backers were promised a "Windows PC" version of the game.

“We are happy to announce that Shenmue III for PC will be will be an Epic Games Store exclusive. Development for Shenmue III has been moving forward using Unreal Engine and the support we have received from Epic has been excellent.

But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option.”