• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

shopkeepers

S

Sporeon

shopkeepers

Does anyone know how to make a new shopkeeper and then edit his "buy" and "wanted" lists? Seems like a much better way to have new items than cluttering a region with a ton of chests.

OldBoy

Reaction score
Re: shopkeepers

This is how the shops work I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Example of the shop in bowerstone north:

In the bowerstoneposh.tng a shop is spawned; BUILDING_BS_NORTH_POSH_SHOP_01

This building has an entry under BUILDING in the game.bin

In the CDefs of the BUILDING_BS_NORTH_POSH_SHOP_01 there's a CShopDef.

The CShopDef controls the type of shop, the creature that belongs to it (the vendor), and what it has in stock.

So if you would create this yourself, it should possible.
You might not even need the shop; make a new CShopDef -> create a new CREATURE entry (or edit a creature that's not used in the game) -> and add your new CShopDef to the creature's CDefs -> spawn the creature...

S

Sporeon

That sounds like it would be correct. And better than spawning chests all over the place. I also wonder if anyone has managed to put items in the water that have to be fished out.

R

Rhadiel

Sporeon;112005 said:
That sounds like it would be correct. And better than spawning chests all over the place. I also wonder if anyone has managed to put items in the water that have to be fished out.

that sounds neat...but idk y ud have to do that if u can just spawn stuff lol.and i dont like fishing :p

OldBoy

Reaction score

Sporeon;112005 said:
That sounds like it would be correct. And better than spawning chests all over the place.

Yeah sounds pretty simple, doesn't it... ;)

Sporeon;112005 said:
I also wonder if anyone has managed to put items in the water that have to be fished out.

Yes.

F

fablefreak323

Hey Old Boy, this is completely off topic, but how did you get the title of Modder?

OldBoy

Reaction score

fablefreak323;112159 said:
Hey Old Boy, this is completely off topic, but how did you get the title of Modder?

Look in my sig. :D

H

HodgePodge

Yes, if you submit enough mods, and help out enough here and on the mod site, you get the title of modder ;)