• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Silver Key Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
So, looking all throughout Google and such, I can't find out how to get the last Silver Key. Mine happens to be the one in Bowerstone Old Quarter that's supposed to be next to a giant tree. Well, the only "giant tree" is in the garden-ish area up the path. The guides said that it's "best to do this during the War for Albion quest" that I seemed to have missed being too preoccupied playing to notice its whereabouts at the time.

And, here I am, going through and finding them all to notice that I can't get the last one. I restored Old Quarter after the war and can't seem to find it anywhere after looking through all the houses and every nook and cranny. I can always try to shut off the game and re-load it, but I don't know if it will ever pop up.

Does anyone know if this is a glitch or if the producers took it out if you didn't obtain it during the quest (which would be ridiculous and unfair if they did)?

Xveas

Reaction score
There's no glitch friend. It's by a tree that borders the stone outer wall of the Old Quarter. Remember when you revolted against your brother for the crown during the main quest? You start off down by the bay and have to work your way up a long winding hill? It's at the top of this hill to the left. Here's a pic. Cant miss it.

bowerstoneoldquarter_2.bmp

EDIT:

If you know for a fact you're missing a silver key in the Old Quarter, and the key is not by this tree, go on your map in the sanctuary and go to the Old Quarter. Locate the "Nightshade House" and go there. Buy the house(if you haven't already) and go inside and up the stairs. This is the second silver key to the Old Quarter. Perhaps you already nabbed the one by the tree and possibly forgot? Just throwing out ideas.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
-_-...I believe I already stated that I can't find this tree and that I already found the one in the house. I don't know of any water in the area and I don't know where that clothesline is. If there was a video walking to it, I'd be able to find it. But Old Quarter is very small and I would assume it'd be difficult to miss a large tree.

I bought every house and already got the one in Nightshade. I really can't find this tree at all...:(

This advice seems to be exactly what every other site I've looked at has said, hence why I asked here, and hence the fact that I already stated this information as well.

So, if you have specific directions you could give me or a video, that would be great. But restating what everyone else says clearly isn't going to help me understand where it is. Sorry :/

ChueyJoo

Reaction score
I hope you appreciate me signing up for this website just to help you! lol
When you're going out of town towards the water, turn directly to your RIGHT. The huge tree is right there on the top of the hill. :)

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
...Oh...yeah, that helped tremendously. I am very appreciative.

I didn't know you could go that way out...so I never passed through the doors :/...oops

gamer33x

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem but whenever i go to the gate it says it is locked how do i get the key it's my last one

gamer33x

Reaction score
...Oh...yeah, that helped tremendously. I am very appreciative.

I didn't know you could go that way out...so I never passed through the doors :/...oops

I'm having the same problem but whenever i go to the gate it says it is locked how do i get the key it's my last one

gamer33x

Reaction score
what else is weird is that i got all the keys in mistpeak valley and it say I'm missing one

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
1. That triple post was extremely unnecessary
2. It's not the gate over the bridge. When you fast travel there, go BACKWARDS through those doors...toward the ocean. It's immediately to your right. :)

gamer33x

Reaction score
1. That triple post was extremely unnecessary
2. It's not the gate over the bridge. When you fast travel there, go BACKWARDS through those doors...toward the ocean. It's immediately to your right. :)
sorry i don't do this often so i was nervous

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Bahaha...you were nervous so you triple posted?...heeeheee >)

Kebablarz

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding the way to get to the 2 silver keys in Dankwater Cavern^^ Just woundered if someone know how to get them? :p

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding the way to get to the 2 silver keys in Dankwater Cavern^^ Just woundered if someone know how to get them? :p
Yes...I would. :)
Now, I must ask: did you do that quest with that guy who wanted to study the hobbes?...Did you do a quest that made you bring someone there?

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
You could've just asked me on Xbox, I knew this...

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
This was before we played together...hence the fact I freaked out when it erased my data...:/

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
This was before we played together...hence the fact I freaked out when it erased my data...: src="http://projectego.net/forums/images/smilies/01/hmm.gif" _mce_src="http://projectego.net/forums/images/smilies/01/hmm.gif">

You and your "hence". I don't know how many times I've seen that word in your posts :p

I am missing one silver key aswell, it's in the Shifting Sands though and it's killing me. I'm waiting for Rooster Teeth's guide part 4 and hope that they'll show Shifting Sands in this part. *sigh* Unless a kind person would like to help me... /hint

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I know...but, people just don't make connections like they should XP...

I could help you find it if you want to go on right now.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
Done deal. Vamanos. I'll give you a fully upgarded Scythe's Warhammer because I desperatly want this key.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I really think I"m all set with that...but thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.