• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Similarities between Dishonored and Fable III (Spoiler-Free)

Scarlett Rose

Sparrow
Reaction score
Am I the only one that notices them? Let's start off with their respective histories. The City of Dunwall occupies a site that was once home to an ancient civilization that collapsed 1000 years before the events of the game for unknown reasons. Similarly, the land of Albion was also home to an ancient civilization; the "Old" Kingdom of Archon, which has long since collapsed before the events of the first game, with only ruins and fragments remaining.

As for the time period that these two games are set, Dishonored appears to be just a century ahead of Fable III. By the time Logan had ascended the throne, Bowerstone, the heart and capital of the Kingdom, had become a large, industrial city. Dunwall, the capital of Gristol and seat of the Empire, is an industrial city just like Albion, albeit slightly more advanced due to the time period. The two monarchies can be compared even further, and I haven't even brought up the magic.

Some of the characters can be compared as well, like the Outsider and Theresa, the Lord Regent and Logan, Admiral Havelock and Sir Walter, Sokolov and Faraday, etc... So, could Dishonored be a darker, spiritual sequel to Fable III, set a century or so after the defeat of the Corruptor? Probably not, but I like to think of it as so.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Really enjoyed Dishonored and the mix of steampunk and old industrial style was really well done.