• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skyrim: Bethesda on DLC & Multiplayer

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
vgabethaward.png

Of course there's another Skyrim article, what else would anybody be talking about?
Bethesda took home the GOTY gold at the Spike VGAs due to the obvious, and was grabbed for some words with Joystiq on DLC. "We're going through ideas right now, and processing everything people are doing in the game, and trying to think of ways that we can improve it."
They'll be releasing a series of DLC with the focus of "making the game better, not just to have more, because the game is so big". Each pack itself will have "plenty of meat on them" to avoid the slacker design of a handful quests with just a few nifty weapons & armor baked in. No other details on the planned content was given unfortunately, but hopefully soon.
Todd Howard was also asked by Joystiq on the possibility of multiplayer ever surfacing in Skyrim in the form of co-op, Howard's response:
"You can never say never to anything like that, but it's not what our focus is. This type of game is where our hearts are, what we get excited about, and that's what we want to focus on. We don't want to lose that focus and we never want to sacrifice anything in the singleplayer game just to have it be multiplayer."​
Source,
Joystiq

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Full respect to Bethesda for wanting to have some worthwhile DLC and hopefully they are Shivering Isles big etc also glad they dont simply want to jump on the multiplayer bandwagon for the sake of it.

Little_wolfy

Reaction score
I admit, I wouldn't want to sacrifice anything in singleplayer to make it multiplayer, but I would just add a feature when you can allow anyone to join, friends to join, or just invite only. Also make the enemies stronger, depending on how many people are in the game. That's just my idea.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I admit, I wouldn't want to sacrifice anything in singleplayer to make it multiplayer, but I would just add a feature when you can allow anyone to join, friends to join, or just invite only. Also make the enemies stronger, depending on how many people are in the game. That's just my idea.

I wouldn't mind that to be honest, it gets a bit dull traversing the wilds and dungeons of Skyrim all by yourself after countless hours and the simple-minded companions that have nothing to say are only entertaining for so long. If done correctly with the spawns & difficulty tweaked for balancing, then I wouldn't mind having some optional co-op in the game. But, the game is buggy enough even without online.. who knows what new laundry list of issues it would cause in the game by adding such a feature.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind that to be honest, it gets a bit dull traversing the wilds and dungeons of Skyrim all by yourself after countless hours and the simple-minded companions that have nothing to say are only entertaining for so long. If done correctly with the spawns & difficulty tweaked for balancing, then I wouldn't mind having some optional co-op in the game. But, the game is buggy enough even without online.. who knows what new laundry list of issues it would cause in the game by adding such a feature.

Would be amazing if they could do a drop in drop out co-op like Borderlands but as you say the technicial aspect would be a nightmare. Its probably the main reason no-one has properly attempted a full fledged co-op mode like that in a game series like The Elder Scrolls.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Would be amazing if they could do a drop in drop out co-op like Borderlands but as you say the technicial aspect would be a nightmare. Its probably the main reason no-one has properly attempted a full fledged co-op mode like that in a game series like The Elder Scrolls.

Oh indeed, 2 modders over at the Nexus site have joined forces to make said feature a reality, but of course the development time is going to be an ungodly wait. Not very functional still, but it's making some progress. Seems they managed to fix all of your online friends from being flying naked men with no animations (hopefully).

Yeah, it's a little bit creepy..

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I find the fact that you knew of that video beforehand extremely disturbing, queen.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oh indeed, 2 modders over at the Nexus site have joined forces to make said feature a reality, but of course the development time is going to be an ungodly wait. Not very functional still, but it's making some progress. Seems they managed to fix all of your online friends from being flying naked men with no animations (hopefully).

Some progress is better than no progress and we all know those modders love a decent challenge and the fact Bethesda has openly encouraged modding must make them feel somewhat appreciated.