• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skyrim Patch 1.2 causes more problems for 360/PS3 users.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
If you've loaded up Skyrim today and installed patch 1.2 you may have noticed more issues. 360/PS3 players have reported dragons flying backwards and resistances no longer working correctly. PS3 players are also still experiencing some lag issues. Whereas the PC version is working fine. If you're lucky enough to have not installed it yet, don't accept the patch.
Personally, I haven't played it today, so I'm safe. I'll reject the patch and play offline. I was pleased to hear I'd be able to play straight off the HDD now, but oh well, guess we'll have to wait until the issue is mended by Bethesda.​

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Still havent had any issues of note besides the odd minor glitch and 42 hours in.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Still havent had any issues of note besides the odd minor glitch and 42 hours in.

I take it you installed the patch, aye? Still not experiencing issues? If so - I'm tempted to risk it.

Azer249

Reaction score
I dont see how the pc is having no problems. I play on pc and have seen nothing wrong, no glitches, except dragons getting stuck on walls. Considering skyrim was developed on Xbox, pc seems to be the only stable version at the moment. Mind, blown.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I take it you installed the patch, aye? Still not experiencing issues? If so - I'm tempted to risk it.

Yeah I installed the patch and havent had anything happen like that.

I dont see how the pc is having no problems. I play on pc and have seen nothing wrong, no glitches, except dragons getting stuck on walls. Considering skyrim was developed on Xbox, pc seems to be the only stable version at the moment. Mind, blown.

PC have had some quest issues ive noticed on the Elder Scrolls Wiki (as well as them being noted as being on console). Yet ive done a lot of the quests with some documented bugs with no issues so far.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Hmm, then I am tempted to risk it. I'll be rather ****ed if I encounter some backwards flying dragons, the resistance problems I'm not so concerned about, but hey-ho.

Azer249

Reaction score

PC have had some quest issues ive noticed on the Elder Scrolls Wiki (as well as them being noted as being on console). Yet ive done a lot of the quests with some documented bugs with no issues so far.

Same, im level 50 ish and ive done so so many quests that have reported bugs and nothings happened, its easy for pc users to change via commands, but for xbox players it could be a gamebreaker.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Hmm, then I am tempted to risk it. I'll be rather ****ed if I encounter some backwards flying dragons, the resistance problems I'm not so concerned about, but hey-ho.

There will be another patch incoming no doubt to fix any other issues and iron out the issues caused by the patch. The PS3 version seems to be the one suffering in many areas at the moment whereas the PC and 360 have had much fewer issues.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
There will be another patch incoming no doubt to fix any other issues and iron out the issues caused by the patch. The PS3 version seems to be the one suffering in many areas at the moment whereas the PC and 360 have had much fewer issues.

I flipped a coin.

No patch for me.

THE COIN HAS SPOKEN!

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ya know, the dragons flying backwards glitch wouldn't be so bad if they started shooting fire out of their ass.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ya know, the dragons flying backwards glitch wouldn't be so bad if they started shooting fire out of their ass.

Thu'u'm; dragon shouts.

Tha'am; dragon farts.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
If you're tempted to risk it on 360 it's not the end of the world.
Save your game before you install the patch so that nothing of value could be lost, then connect to Xbox Live and install.
If you hit a snag you don't like, you can delete all game updates from your hard drive. You can then load up your save prior to the patch and resume as if nothing happened.
1. Go to system settings>memory
2. Highlight your 360 hard drive and press Y
3. Select 'Clear System Cache'

This will erase all updates for games you ever downloaded allowing you to play them the way they were released. You will have to play them offline, of course. You will also have to redownload the patches for your games the next time you try to play them online.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
If you're tempted to risk it on 360 it's not the end of the world.
Save your game before you install the patch so that nothing of value could be lost, then connect to Xbox Live and install.
If you hit a snag you don't like, you can delete all game updates from your hard drive. You can then load up your save prior to the patch and resume as if nothing happened.
1. Go to system settings>memory
2. Highlight your 360 hard drive and press Y
3. Select 'Clear System Cache'

This will erase all updates for games you ever downloaded allowing you to play them the way they were released. You will have to play them offline, of course. You will also have to redownload the patches for your games the next time you try to play them online.

Ah, you cunning fox, you.

Why didn't I think of that?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Got the newest update installed onto my PC.. not by choice. Steam deleted my Skyrim.exe forcing me to have download the updated executable, to say the least, Steam is a steaming sack of unwashed hairy balls.

Everything is working fine except that all resistances are now broken, poison resistances do not work and elemental resistance is non-existent (e.g. Fire-based enemies can now be killed with fire-based attacks). Awesome.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Got the newest update installed onto my PC.. not by choice. Steam deleted my Skyrim.exe forcing me to have download the updated executable, to say the least, Steam is a steaming sack of unwashed hairy balls.

Everything is working fine except that all resistances are now broken, poison resistances do not work and elemental resistance is non-existent (e.g. Fire-based enemies can now be killed with fire-based attacks). Awesome.

And who says the PC version has no issues... :lol:

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Damn, resistances not working? That will make the life as a Nord a bit tougher.

100% Frost Resistance for teh winz0r. I just point and laugh at Frost Dragons.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
Is it funny that my brother just got the patch on Xbox AS I was starting to read this? Yes. Yes, it is.