• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

so Fable 3 confirms our suspicions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Warning, there's some VERY heavy reading here. Big walls of text. Yummy.
After thinking it over for a little bit, I've realised Theresa isn't neutral or good... She's downright evil. Sure, she isn't out there murdering, but her actions speak volumes.
For those who don't know, I have long been a huge supporter of the "ever since Fable 2 it's become clear Theresa is hiding a lot, and keeping her morality more vague than Reaver's sexuality" idea.
You see, it all started back when I looked back at the childhood sequences in Fable 2, specifically those concerning the music box.
Just think, who was it that put the idea of buying the music box in your head? Who heavily implied the music box was more magical than Murgo claimed? Who convinced Sparrow's sister that it would be better to buy the music box than eat for a week [I reference Theresa's little "you'll be no closer to that big castle" speech.]

Sure, you might think this is coincidence. Fine. That's more than plausible. But then there's the rest...

You see, I started to think more about it. How exactly did Lucien know you had the music box and more importantly, how did his men know exactly where to find you? Well, I believe it's all down to Theresa. It's no secret that Theresa likes to appear in people's dreams to "guide" them, and Lucien was no exception. Which brings me to my next point...

Can you guess who was the driving force behind Lucien's desire to build the spire? [rhyme not intended]
That's right. Magical Theresa doing her dream-thing.

Let's look at some more coincidence. When Sparrow was with Lucien as a child, Lucien could have taken him in, raised him as a son, and logically this would lead to Sparrow finding it far harder to ever betray him -- ultimately allowing for Lucien's spire-plans. But no, Lucien, despite being an intelligent fellow, decided to shoot Sparrow and his sister. Leaving the poor child to fall to his doom... Well, he fell right onto Theresa's lap. She just happened to be right there. She's psychic, though, right? Believe me, I'm getting to that.

Can everyone remember what happened when Lucien lost the spire? That's right, Theresa took it to enhance her clairvoyant abilities (she claimed it allowed her to see all pasts and futures.)
It's my belief that Theresa is in fact a very powerful Will user, and only that. Not everyone will agree with this next bit, and that's fine, it's my personal theory, and I'd be more than happy to drop it if it was proven to be entirely illogical... You see, like I said, I believe Theresa is only a powerful Will user who, through her innate abilities with Will could see glimpses of the future [who knows what Will can let people do, we all ready know it can let the likes of Scythe (Fable 1) to live far beyond their own mortal end], and, as she grew older and got a stronger understanding of her power, she became power-hungry. She's only human, after all. Many heroes turned sour in the days of the old kingdom, I don't see why Theresa would be any different. She WAS raised by Bandits, too, lest we forget.
So, as her thirst for more power grew, and her control over Will with it, she decided it could be possible to build the spire and have ultimate control over what she wanted: to see! (It wouldn't be too hard to imagine she has a bit of a complex after having her eyesight destroyed by Twinblade's gang.) So, she manipulated everyone, killed some, played others like violins, allowed the labor and suffering of hundreds of innocent people just so she could have the Spire. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out she was responsible for the death of Lucien's family, after all, that was another driving force behind his need to build the Spire.

It was with all of these ideas that I went into playing Fable 3 where, sadly, Theresa wasn't hanging around much. Of course, I didn't lose my suspicions of her evil morality, in fact, my view of her as an evil being was only strengthened by a realisation: she allowed the people of Albion to suffer under Logan's rule.

SPOILER ALER

As we learned near the end of Fable 3, Logan was such a tyrant because of what Theresa showed him, a glimpse of the darkness that would spread from Aurora to Albion. Now, why would Theresa let him have that kind of knowledge, knowing full well what it would do to Albion and it's people? I think she wanted it. It was the perfect motive for the Prince [or Princess], a driving force behind a desire for the throne methinks. She would be able to better manipulate the young Prince because he would trust her easily, given that she was his father's guide, trusty seer, indeed. Now, it's not this itself that leads me to believe she is a heartless bitch. No, it's the fact that if she had even bothered, she could have stopped Logan in an instant. She's all ready at such a poweful stage that weapons cannot even harm her [just try and attack her in Fable 2, go on, just try it!], and Logan was willing to allow the people of Albion to die of hunger because of what he saw of Albion's future, she could have just said "No. This isn't what I wanted. It's not right. There's other ways to do this." Rather than staying silent...

Theresa. You are one cold hearted hobbe-botherer.

Until the cannon, or even Molyneux himself, does something to prove her innocence [or even to prove that I'm right *cackle] this is my view of Theresa.

Your thoughts, good people of projectego?

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
I share a lot of your views, except one. I don't think Twinblade's bandits destroyed her eyes. I'm pretty sure it was JoB after he pillaged Oakvale.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
I share a lot of your views, except one. I don't think Twinblade's bandits destroyed her eyes. I'm pretty sure it was JoB after he pillaged Oakvale.

As far as I can recall it was bandits, because it was bandits that attacked Oakvale.

But you're right, it probably wasnt Twinblades. Shows how long it's been since I played the first game!

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
As far as I can recall it was bandits, because it was bandits that attacked Oakvale.

But you're right, it probably wasnt Twinblades. Shows how long it's been since I played the first game!

I'm pretty sure it was JoB and bandits. I could be wrong. Hell if I was you I would Yahooo it or Bing it or go for the more common approach and Google it!

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was JoB and bandits. I could be wrong. Hell if I was you I would Yahooo it or Bing it or go for the more common approach and Google it!

It was most likely bandits lead by JoB. Or at least being instructed by him. I think JoB may have done the eye-destroying himself. I can only barely remember the accompanying picture that went in that cutscene

Autarch

Reaction score
Here is the character Theresa is based off: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kreia

Essentially, the ideals of the character is that neither "good" nor "evil" are technically right with a mix of Nietzschean philosophy tossed in for good measure.

Have a read of it, I think Theresa works for the greater good, but basically does whatever the **** she likes.

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score
Fantastic I love how someone is thinking like this because its no doubt Fable 4 will come and show us more

Reaction score
It was most likely bandits lead by JoB. Or at least being instructed by him. I think JoB may have done the eye-destroying himself. I can only barely remember the accompanying picture that went in that cutscene
It was Job, during the story, she mentions "Jack told me this right before he cut out my eyes". Something like that.

James009

Hero of Oakvale
Reaction score
I think you have a solid theory about Theresa here. I started to suspect her once she took the spire for herself rather then destroying it (Fable 4 anyone?). I especially began to suspect her when it is revealed that she indeed spoke to King Logan in Fable 3.

Then again, Autarch's theory that she is basically a true neutral for the common good is also pretty valid. She has the spire but, as far as we can tell, she doesn't act on it. Then again, would she really need to because she can slowly and subtely manipulate everyone around here to do whatever she intends.

I just don't know what I think about her... one way or another.

Reaction score
I think you have a solid theory about Theresa here. I started to suspect her once she took the spire for herself rather then destroying it (Fable 4 anyone?). I especially began to suspect her when it is revealed that she indeed spoke to King Logan in Fable 3.

Then again, Autarch's theory that she is basically a true neutral for the common good is also pretty valid. She has the spire but, as far as we can tell, she doesn't act on it. Then again, would she really need to because she can slowly and subtely manipulate everyone around here to do whatever she intends.

I just don't know what I think about her... one way or another.
As for it all, there is alot of secrets we dont kno about her yet, as in everybody has a story(and i mean everybody)

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
I also think Theresa has an evil streak, i dont think she is the sadistic bitch you made her out to be but her hunger for power and willingness to sacrifice people definately leans her to more of an evil disposition. To say she is neutral is being naive.

I think that while she always has the greater good of Albion in mind, she is willing to sacrifice thousands to see it kept whole, at the same time she seems to be gathering alot of power to herself, sneaking into the good books of every important hero and ruler of the age and taking command of the Spire.

I think that with her perception of time she is the true ruler of Albion and us heroes are just the temporary caretakers working for her unknowingly.

Reaction score
I also think Theresa has an evil streak, i dont think she is the sadistic bitch you made her out to be but her hunger for power and willingness to sacrifice people definately leans her to more of an evil disposition. To say she is neutral is being naive.

I think that while she always has the greater good of Albion in mind, she is willing to sacrifice thousands to see it kept whole, at the same time she seems to be gathering alot of power to herself, sneaking into the good books of every important hero and ruler of the age and taking command of the Spire.

I think that with her perception of time she is the true ruler of Albion and us heroes are just the temporary caretakers working for her unknowingly.
Theresa might be more to the story than we all think, F4 and F5. She could possibly be the bad guy

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
sounds like you guys were saying months ago....... "theresa will be the villian in fable 3". well i would hate to see you fight her with lazers and lightsabers

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
sounds like you guys were saying months ago....... "theresa will be the villian in fable 3". well i would hate to see you fight her with lazers and lightsabers

im thinkin steam punk machine guns and chainswords :D

well hoping anyway

Jon

Reaction score
hm i can see your point here.
but i also think that its just as plausible that she is in a way the 'guardian' of albion..

if you think about fable 3 (SPOILERS) albion needed a hero to deal with the upcoming invasion.. needed a hero tried and tested with plenty of experience to lead them. how were you to become that hero if there was no conflict? maybe she saw that there would be no conflict for you to develop the powers you need.. therefore she had to make a conflict for the overall good of ablion - albion's survival. Ruthless i know, but looking at it from this point of view she is looking out for albion. How else were you to become the here albion needed if she did not encourage Logan into being the tyrant he was, forcing you to overthrow him..

but this is just another possible theory anyway =)

Fluroscent

Reaction score
Actually, Fable 3 confirmed nothing. She said it herself that she had to warn the king and ONLY the king of the dangers. She didn't even tell the Hero himself of the dangers until he became King. And remember that she aided him to the revolution to save Albion. I think she had to make Logan corrupt to a point where the Hero decides to do something about it so he can get the throne. She also said that only a Hero with a crown can defeat the Darkness.

To me Theresa being evil makes no sense really. You guys have to remember she is a Hero aswell and her brother was a Hero and so far she has been on the good side and has (yet) not done a single evil deed.

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
Well... I think if we did what she was doing then we would probably be good but corrupt.

Reaction score
hm i can see your point here.
but i also think that its just as plausible that she is in a way the 'guardian' of albion..

if you think about fable 3 (SPOILERS) albion needed a hero to deal with the upcoming invasion.. needed a hero tried and tested with plenty of experience to lead them. how were you to become that hero if there was no conflict? maybe she saw that there would be no conflict for you to develop the powers you need.. therefore she had to make a conflict for the overall good of ablion - albion's survival. Ruthless i know, but looking at it from this point of view she is looking out for albion. How else were you to become the here albion needed if she did not encourage Logan into being the tyrant he was, forcing you to overthrow him..

but this is just another possible theory anyway =)

Actually, Fable 3 confirmed nothing. She said it herself that she had to warn the king and ONLY the king of the dangers. She didn't even tell the Hero himself of the dangers until he became King. And remember that she aided him to the revolution to save Albion. I think she had to make Logan corrupt to a point where the Hero decides to do something about it so he can get the throne. She also said that only a Hero with a crown can defeat the Darkness.

To me Theresa being evil makes no sense really. You guys have to remember she is a Hero aswell and her brother was a Hero and so far she has been on the good side and has (yet) not done a single evil deed.

Look all im saying and anybody else is trying to say, Theresa has something going on, she wouldnt just want the spire, she wouldnt just help the hero off of fable 3 for no reason,and last but not least it is the way she acts, there is just something there and i want to kno. O and i forgot totally about the part were you first meet the crawler, he actually says to you that "Theresa the blind seeres didnt mention to you about me(us)." How would he even know of her, if everybody knew of her then Logan would not have showcased her like he did in the trial."I was visited by a blind seeres,Theresa who warned me of the coming darkness". Now to add this all up, on Fable 2 when you finally take over the spire, she just claims it out of nowhere and you have to immediatly leave, its just weird is all im saying, there might not be anything wrong but im tellin you it feels that way, geme thuoghts.

Fluroscent

Reaction score
Well she gave a pretty valid reason for why she needs the Spire - it gives her more power. If the Spire didn't effect her in any way, why would she need it? I mean, if she were evil and needed it for evil deeds, and it had no effect on her at all it's just useless. So we can pretty much agree that the Spire effects her powers.

I totally agree on the part when she wants to leave immediatly, it is weird, but who knows. To me it seems that she cannot tell everything to everyone, and only on special occations. It seems more like she is working for someone. You've to remember that she kept the Darkness a secret until he became a king. She also said she couldn't tell him unless he was the king.

So yea, I agree on some parts. But I still don't believe she is evil, but if it would happen, we would just see a Maze-clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.